• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store for 5/3 (Gauntlet II, Super Rub'a'dub, PSX for PSP/PS3, Home beta)

M3Freak

Banned
Safe Bet said:
OMFG!

WTF happened to Syphon Filter?!?!

My precious Gabe looks like a Lego People! My eyes bleed!

;)

Playing SP made me realize, we've (you designers and us gamers) come a long way in a short amount of time.

Thank You Very Much

Can you post pics of the game? I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy it, but I'm afraid it's going to look really, really ugly.

The few PS1 games I have left, I haven't tried on my PS3 yet. But, I remember playing FFVIII on my PS2, and my eyes bled profously.

The Jer

HAHA

2Xtreme was the first game I ever saw get played on the Playstation. Oh, man.... so long ago. I didn't buy a PS till about four years later. But, man, I remember thinking how "3D" and realistic it looked. At the time it was gody compared to my Genesis.
HAHA.
Looking at it now, it doesn't seem much different from the SNES or Genesis games at the time. Oh man, it hasn't aged well. Newer PS1 fames look so, so much nicer. Leaps and bounds ahead of it.

Oh, and for anyone wondering what some good PS1 format games are... I would recommend JUMPING FLASH.
The other games look their age and play like they look. But, Jumping Flash is just as fun as ever.

Wollan

Is 2xtreme the game with all the extreme sport equipment like rollerblades, scateboard, bicycles..etc and you race ridiculously fast through Inca temples, streets and whatnot?

jjasper

Safe Bet said:
OMFG!

WTF happened to Syphon Filter?!?!

My precious Gabe looks like a Lego People! My eyes bleed!

:lol That was exactly what I though when I was playing it. It is still ok (not great) but the PSP game is superior in every way possible

The Jer

Wollan said:
Is 2xtreme the game with all the extreme sport equipment like rollerblades, scateboard, bicycles..etc and you race ridiculously fast through Inca temples, streets and whatnot?

yep.

Ranger X

M3Freak said:
Can you post pics of the game? I'm trying to figure out if I want to buy it, but I'm afraid it's going to look really, really ugly.

The few PS1 games I have left, I haven't tried on my PS3 yet. But, I remember playing FFVIII on my PS2, and my eyes bled profously.

hehe ;)

syphon.png

sfilter3.jpg

Yup. PS1 games aren't aging exactly good. (for the most part)

Most of the PS1 games in the store are first gen efforts between 96-97. Those have of course, aged the worst

Tekken 2 and Crash still play pretty good tho.

kammy

Banned
Syphon Filer looked shit when it came out so no suprises it looks like ASS now.

MGS on the otherhand looks BADASS!

slade

They need to put some better PS1 games up. I want:

Omega Boost (Polyphony's best game by far)
Soul of the Samurai (The game Capcom blatantly copied with Onimusha)
Rival Schools (get on it Capcom)
Bushido Blade 1 and 2

bud

there was a time when i thought that sf1 was better than mgs :/

seriously though, the game is pretty cool and i'm bummed that i never finished it. i never got past the subway sequence with all the fire. the first level was really cool though and i remember liking the aiming system.

Safe Bet

Banned
bud said:
there was a time when i thought that sf1 was better than mgs. :\
Syphon Filter Gameplay > Metal Gear Solid Gameplay

Syphon Filter < Metal Gear Solid

Story + Art + Soul + Gameplay > Gameplay

Maggot9

Banned
As amazing as MGS is, I like Syphon better. I still haven't played MGS yet, yet I've been playing The Filter since it's debut. I love that game!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
bud said:
there was a time when i thought that sf1 was better than mgs :/
SF: DM is back to form on PSP though. I could easily argue that it's in many ways on par or close to with MGS games in general, and definitely in some ways better than MGS:pO on PSP.

Kittonwy

Banned
Maggot9 said:
As amazing as MGS is, I like Syphon better. I still haven't played MGS yet, yet I've been playing The Filter since it's debut. I love that game!

I wonder what the hell Sony Bend is up to these days after Dark Mirror.
Indifferent2.gif

Safe Bet

Banned
Marconelly said:
SF: DM is back to form on PSP though. I could easily argue that it's in many ways on par or close to with MGS games in general, and definitely in some ways better than MGS:pO on PSP.
I need a PSP!

<--- pouting

I was really glad to hear Dark Mirror is good...

Maggot9

Banned
Kittonwy said:
I wonder what the hell Sony Bend is up to these days after Dark Mirror.
Indifferent2.gif

Syphon Filter: avirusdeadlierthansyphonfilter

Syphon Filter on PS3= my gaming bliss, I wonder why it took them so long for them to release Omega Strain on PS2? that game was ACE online

Top Bottom