• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Trophy Club

i3WNFuo.jpg
#192 RDR2
That's an indeed legendary one, respect mate!

DeepSpace5D

Rns5QAp.jpg

Been out of the Country for a while, but I’m back now and have been spending some time gaming. I got the 100% for Ragnarok this year. Overall, I thought it was great, but I do agree with some that there’s a little too much walkie talkie, and more fighting would have been welcome. Although the combat is excellent. Luckily, the Valhalla DLC makes up for a lot with constant action and I thought it was excellent additional content.

CtrXnKA.jpg

Q5DOt7Y.jpg

I also completed Team Sonic Racing while I was away. This is honestly not a game I had planned to platinum, but I downloaded it for my niece and nephew to play and accidentally forgot to log out of my account before letting them play. I shortly discovered they had unlocked a few trophies for the game, and well, we can’t leave a trophy list unfinished now can we? ~40 hours later and I was glad to be done with this one.

It’s actually a competent kart racer, but it was quite difficult on some of the challenge stages, and the opponent AI on expert difficulty in the grand prix races felt very cheap and frustrating at times. But like most difficult plats, it’s usually just an exercise in a stubborn refusal to quit.

Aside from that, I rushed through a NG+ playthrough of Spider-Man 2 to get the trophy for beating it a second time and take back my 100% status.

BxotJyF.jpg

Roronoa Zoro

Gold Member
The grind of Rise of the Ronin is getting to me though I got most of the chapter 2 areas to level 3 today. I'm OCD with this type of game and am doing more than I even need to for platinum lol

Final Fantasy 7 platinum would have been hell without 3x speed and R3 cheat mode for grinding out materia and such. So many things to grind at the end.

After Ronin I might tackle Rebirth but 150 hours? Might just have to mainline and maybe hit a few side quests and just enjoy the story the first time through

Bartski

Gold Member
Scored the plat on Outlast Trials today. A bit weird trophy list, all mirroring in-game badges, which boil down to doing a specific thing x amount of times, convenient to check progress on. Nothing hard nor fancy and eventually everything is awarded for just playing the game long enough, but a few have slightly overkill requirements that force you to focus on certain perks, like lockpicking. I love the game so it didn't feel like a grind to me, but sure isn't for everyone.

kSmBgUM.jpg

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Lot of activity here lately, I gotta step it up! Doesn’t help my current game of choice is a hell of a grind

You're still in the lead i guess. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Always a fine line between reaching for a Platinum through sheer enthusiasm for the game itself or doing so because it's grown to be a habit.

I recently dropped The Last Spell with only 3 trophies missing. I didn't even set out to go for Platinum because of the relentless difficulty but the game was such a blast to play that i kept doing so and got closer and closer to it. I would have it in me in terms of difficulty alone but ultimately got burned out by the game after around 150 hours. I had trouble to admit this and to let go initially.

You're still in the lead i guess. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Always a fine line between reaching for a Platinum through sheer enthusiasm for the game itself or doing so because it's grown to be a habit.

I recently dropped The Last Spell with only 3 trophies missing. I didn't even set out to go for Platinum because of the relentless difficulty but the game was such a blast to play that i kept doing so and got closer and closer to it. I would have it in me in terms of difficulty alone but ultimately got burned out by the game after around 150 hours. I had trouble to admit this and to let go initially.
I see you in my front view, monsieur Con-Z-epT. Catching up to your position.

tumblr_nqa0g74Btz1qks8nro1_540.gif

Joking aside, I somewhat agree with what you're saying. Took me years to plat CoD black ops. The game became mind-numbing when I had devoted incessant amount of time to it. It took the ultra rare platinum status to sway me. I like to take my time with platinums, but some times I get into the groove of trophy hunting though.

Last edited:

Con-Z-epT

Joking aside, I somewhat agree with what you're saying. Took me years to plat CoD black ops. The game became mind-numbing when I had devoted incessant amount of time to it. It took the ultra rare platinum status to sway me. I like to take my time with platinums, but some times I get into the groove of trophy hunting though.

Some games lend themselves better to be played in an on/off matter over a greater timespan in regards to trophies but i just like to be done with a game. The Last Spell also required so much knowledge to make progress that i'm sure if i would come back a year later i would need to start all over in acquiring that knowledge.

It's important to play games for fun and not for trophy hunting but amidst all those great achievements in here, pun intended, it's easy to lose focus and sometimes even the fun when it becomes a habit like i said.

Another example would be Tomb Raider Remastered I-III. In theory only two playthroughs would be needed for the Platinum in the first game, but the amount of prior knowledge for the game and the achivement list together with a heavy attention span to pull it of is kinda impossible. And then it begs the question as to how many playthrough you can stomach. 3, 4 or even 5. Chances are high i lose interest before even starting the second game.

Bartski

Gold Member
So true, I hardly ever pay attention to trophies on my first playthrough in games I really love, when I know I'll be playing/replaying after completion anyway. To me this is meta-progression. But sometimes I notice I'm 90% done with them when I get to the credits "by accident" in games that are just okay, and mop the rest by having nothing better to do like I did with AC Mirage. Getting to plat in TLOU Remastered took me 6 years because of Factions (I love it and I suck), but I'm never gonna grind if I'm not feeling it even if I'm missing just a few of them. Alone in the Dark is a good example, I beat it twice, if was ok and I'm done and no thanks I'm not doing the no-heal speedrun.

Con-Z-epT

So true, I hardly ever pay attention to trophies on my first playthrough in games I really love, when I know I'll be playing/replaying after completion anyway. To me this is meta-progression. But sometimes I notice I'm 90% done with them when I get to the credits "by accident" in games that are just okay, and mop the rest by having nothing better to do like I did with AC Mirage. Getting to plat in TLOU Remastered took me 6 years because of Factions (I love it and I suck), but I'm never gonna grind if I'm not feeling it even if I'm missing just a few of them. Alone in the Dark is a good example, I beat it twice, if was ok and I'm done and no thanks I'm not doing the no-heal speedrun.

I love DOOM3 so much and played it countless times. Another year another playthrough of the BFG edition where i wondered why i never went for the Platinum. And then i suddenly acquired it after so many years. It felt special thinking i watched trailers for it when i was young and needed to play it at a friends house because we couldn't afford such a powerful PC to even run the game.

Valfaris is another one i play once a year yet i can't get the speedrun down. Still enjoy it.

It's just good to know and to acknowledge when it's time to stop, which is not always easy. Or to come back if it makes sense.

In addition I immensely enjoy the community aspect of it in here. Seeing others posting difficulty trophies, sometimes for games i haven't even heard of, is always entertaining. Then i shake my head and wonder how you did it. It feels like that we achieved something together although it's the trophies of the individuals.

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Platinum #42 FF7 remake

Played the game when intergrade launched but never went back through on hard mode. Game is tricky at times but nothing too difficult. A long time to complete though but it is such an amazing combat system. Going to play intermission and then take a break before Rebirth. FF7 remake, it was a pleasure.

ZXdS5BY.jpg

Con-Z-epT

53651923755_1b717625c3_c.jpg

#104 - Ultros

My game of the year so far. And not just because i'm a fan of Niklas Åkerblad or Oskar Rydelius but because there is an awesome game beneath the stellar presentation. A game that subverted my early expectations as to what it would be about and ultimately transcended into a meditative experience. No handholding. Brain is required!

Platinum wasn't hard but needed a bit of dedication for completing the map to 100% and to "solve" the late game "puzzles". Saying anything more would ruin the fun.

53637290233_3a77c8b2be_o.jpg

53637527755_2b2f7063a8_o.jpg

53650595517_2b0b065e0e_o.jpg

TexMex

53651923755_1b717625c3_c.jpg

#104 - Ultros

My game of the year so far. And not just because i'm a fan of Niklas Åkerblad or Oskar Rydelius but because there is an awesome game beneath the stellar presentation. A game that subverted my early expectations as to what it would be about and ultimately transcended into a meditative experience. No handholding. Brain is required!

Platinum wasn't hard but needed a bit of dedication for completing the map to 100% and to "solve" the late game "puzzles". Saying anything more would ruin the fun.

53637290233_3a77c8b2be_o.jpg

53637527755_2b2f7063a8_o.jpg

53650595517_2b0b065e0e_o.jpg

Buying for the backlog now!

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
AkBc4cn.png

Most recent was Mystic Pillars - Remastered.
Unsure what I’m going for next, haven’t had as much free time as I used to. Probably Sand Land, then definitely the new Mana game this summer, and probably Ys X when that comes west. Other than that I’m sure I will sprinkle in some randoms between those.

Con-Z-epT

53662709651_46c31dd105_c.jpg

53662922623_6b012dda4f_c.jpg

#105 - Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster (PS4)
#106 - Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster (PS5)

I went to play this for the nostalgia since it's from a time when i still cared for Star Wars and were we would gather to enjoy the likes of X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter and such games. And I obviously have a thing for old games the older I get. After playing this i hope for and would love to see the same treatment for Dark Forces II. This together with Mysteries of the Sith is one of the best Star Wars games for me.

Platinum is fairly easy and while there are theoretically missable trophies here, chances are very high that you will get the Platinum when the credits roll no matter what. Still some fun puzzles, loads of movie references and fun to have along the way.

It's like a 3 hour ride of constant E-11 Blaster sounds with Stormtroopers shouting "Surrender immediately!" or "Stop rebel scum!". :messenger_tears_of_joy: Kinda hilarious, i love it.

Bartski

Gold Member
53662709651_46c31dd105_c.jpg

53662922623_6b012dda4f_c.jpg

#105 - Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster (PS4)
#106 - Star Wars: Dark Forces Remaster (PS5)

I went to play this for the nostalgia since it's from a time when i still cared for Star Wars and were we would gather to enjoy the likes of X-Wing vs. Tie-Fighter and such games. And I obviously have a thing for old games the older I get. After playing this i hope for and would love to see the same treatment for Dark Forces II. This together with Mysteries of the Sith is one of the best Star Wars games for me.

Platinum is fairly easy and while there are theoretically missable trophies here, chances are very high that you will get the Platinum when the credits roll no matter what. Still some fun puzzles, loads of movie references and fun to have along the way.

It's like a 3 hour ride of constant E-11 Blaster sounds with Stormtroopers shouting "Surrender immediately!" or "Stop rebel scum!". :messenger_tears_of_joy: Kinda hilarious, i love it.
man you should check out Boltgun. I'm not the biggest fan of retro boomer shooters and I was never into Warhammer but I couldn't put it down for more than 10 levels. It's really well made and now on gamepass

Con-Z-epT

man you should check out Boltgun. I'm not the biggest fan of retro boomer shooters and I was never into Warhammer but I couldn't put it down for more than 10 levels. It's really well made and now on gamepass

It's in the wishlist since release as I only heard good things and it looks awesome. Just a matter of having too much choices. I'm aware but I still appreciate every recommendation. Thanks.

Last edited:

TexMex

ldiCfeg.jpeg

#236 - Death Stranding: Director’s Cut

After multiple false starts I finally sat down to polish this one off and I’m glad I did. Just unbelievably good. At 110 hours I think it’s my longest plat and I loved every minute. Even the post game grind was so fun and satisfying, I wasn’t ready for it to end. Can’t wait for the next one.

Con-Z-epT

53684578190_19e20473fc_c.jpg

#107 - Ultros (PS5)

The last gen version has some minor visual hiccups and some sprout knots missing. Kinda weird to have such obvious differences between these. PS5 version is the way to go. Still a mesmerizing experience. If I had to criticize something, it would be that the moveset was underutilized. Sleeper hit. If i wasn't so lazy i would make a thread to tell people to play it. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Bartski

Gold Member
Stellar Blade.

Plat requires you to beat the game at least twice to see all 3 endings.
Perfect for NG+, as getting the "bad" ending means skipping a ton of side quests and one whole late game level, trust me you don't wanna do that on your first playthrough.
Make no mistake after all the talk about hot chicks with jiggly tits and the silly v002 censorship drama, this is an amazing character action game that proudly hits the quality bar of the finest SIE output.

LRBFFIO.jpeg

Top Bottom