• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Vita (PCH-2000) Launching in Australia on June 4th, $269.95

HowZatOZ

Banned
Searched and couldn't find anything.

Sony Computer Entertainment Australia today announced that following its successful launch in Japan on the 10th of October 2013, the new slimmer PlayStation Vita Wi-Fi model is set to launch in Australia on June 4th.
The new PCH-2000 series takes portable gaming to the next level. By completely redesigning the internal architecture, the new PS Vita system is approximately 20-percent slimmer and 15-percent lighter than the original version, making the entertainment system even easier to carry. In addition, a high-definition liquid crystal display (LCD) has been newly adopted for the 5-inch front display which is one of the PS Vita’s greatest features. Thanks to the rapid progress of LCD technology in recent years, the new display provides users with the highest-level image quality that is at the core of PS Vita enabling a deep and immersive gaming experience. There has never been a better time to purchase a PS Vita as most games available on the recently released PlayStation®4 (PS4) are accessible on PS Vita through Remote Play. With Online Multi Play, users can also connect with friends and enjoy all of the social gaming experiences they know and love through PSNSM.
It is launching at a rather ridiculous price of AUD$269.95, which compared to our current 3DS and 2DS prices won't be swaying many people looking to jump on the handheld bandwagon.

No Love

Banned
Vita will sell an additional 15 units in Oz-land, bringing the total to 28.

Aussies get screwed again on pricing, and Sony commits to not giving any fucks about selling additional Vita's. :\

CLEEK

With all the recent sales, my Vita has been getting a good work out recently, after long playing second fiddle to my 3DS.

While I've never found the Vita 1000 uncomfortable, I reckon I'd be interested in a thinner, lighter version.

$270 doesn't seem bad compared to UK pricing. It costs £180 in the UK, which is $320 at current exchange rates.

shink

They have had cheaper sales though, since you often find bundling or at $199 occasionally throughout the year. Still, can't see many retailers stocking it.

HowZatOZ

Banned
They have had cheaper sales though, since you often find bundling or at $199 occasionally throughout the year. Still, can't see many retailers stocking it.

I doubt anyone outside of JB, EB and maybe Dick Smith stocking it. Target/Big W and Kmart aren't too interested in anything not Nintendo, PS and Xbox.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Pretty bad considering you can import any one of the multiple 2000 colours from SuperUFO to Oz for subsatntially less than that price...

Still, on the topic of Aussie retail it's nice to see JB still have their Vita shelf quite prominent in all their stores - I've been to a few different ones lately and it seems to have quite a presence in most of them. Probably does nothing for sales but nice to see some support for it!

I can import a Japanese Vita slim from Nippon Yasan for $220AU... I thought it would be $230AU at most, but I'm not surprised.

Stores here are CONSTANTLY having sales on Vita's to try and get rid of stock. Selling them off at $200AU with a game and sometimes a 4GB memory card.

Stores are not going to want to stock an even more expensive one when they know they won't sell and can't mark down for a long time because it is a brand new product.

It took stores ages to even stock them over here. At launch only our EB games and JB HI FI had them. It took 6 months to a year for our department stores to jump on board and sell them.

They could have taken advantage and priced it at $250AU of lower to be the same price or cheaper than the 3DS XL, but nope.

Edit: JB has it listed cheaper than EB at $259.

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/game/ps-vita/playstation-vita-2000-wifi-console/701644

It is $259 at jb for a preorder. Needed to be $150-$180 at most so that price is crazy.

Will actually be interesting to see if Sony reduce the PS4 price. The xbox one could be $50 cheaper due to their gouging soon.

What a completely stupid and bloated RRP, but that's expected from Sony Australia. I bought my Vita from JB with a bonus memory card and game (FIFA) back in 2012 for $190. =\

ajim

Went back to akihabara today and bought me a swank matching ps vita 2000 pink case and a 64gb card.

so much sec in my hands.

simtmb

Definitely not a good price, and just announced a few days after I got the 3DS XL here for $99! Older model Vita had some good deals recently in AUS iirc though,but this isn't going to drive much sales...

kunstClick

Neo Member
This is basically the same price as the existing Vita if you go to EB Games except you get Assassin's Creed and a 4GB memory card.

Keep in mind the 3DS XL is like $250 so if you live in Australia and your hobbies don't revolve entirely around sport - prepare to be soaked.

I doubt they would stay that price for long.

I bought my Vita for $199 at EB games and will buy the new version once it gets below $200.

I think the biggest problem is that there is hardly any display models of the Vita running a game in any shops.

You see 3ds demo models in EB Games but no Vita.

web01

Definitely not a good price, and just announced a few days after I got the 3DS XL here for $99! Older model Vita had some good deals recently in AUS iirc though,but this isn't going to drive much sales...

That was a great deal Kmart had but they were reduced to clear since they seem to not be stocking them anymore, its not representative of the true price.

So this is where all the vitas went...

Poor Australians getting shafted with the prices. All the time.
This has to pop up in every thread. It's a different economy, you can not compare pricing between countries like that without all other factors being equal and they are not.

Top Bottom