• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgmo870

Banned
How do 2D PSP games look on the Vita? I'm trying to decide if I should download Gungnir and GKH or just buy the UMD versions.

You want to get this thread closed as well? :(

To be fair I wouldn't recommend people quoting that gif a million times. But to think it was the only reason the other thread was closed when:

A) Said thread was a month old when it was closed (and it was a thread about a launch so why keep it open for any longer?)
B) A pic of chobot on the toilet was posted.

seems a little silly. But then again I'm no mod so I wouldn't really know why that thread was closed.

Only did a quick glance through the thread so apologies if it's covered. PlayStation Access posted a map of the UK showing where every Game and Gamestation has a demo unit.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?ms....407016,10.821533&iwloc=0004b84a06feae6ef950a
vitamap.jpg

That's a lot of vitas.

raven777

I got to play with vita on my local gamestop for about 10 minutes...cause i didn't have much time.
just looked at the hardware, the interface, and little bit of uncharted, hot shots golf, gravity rush, and fifa12, and I played all those in less than 10 minutes so I can only reflect on the first impression of the visuals.

My favorite was gravity rush. The graphics were good and I really liked the art direction. Day 1 for me.

Fifa12 was a ok but the players looked too small on the field. Hopefully there is a way you can change the camera to zoom in just a little bit more.

Hot shots golf was good. Its the only title I pre-ordered at amazon so far. The only disappointing thing was that the graphics were a bit blurry, probably because its sub-native resolution, but it wasn't as distracting as uncharted GA. I am hoping there will be option to change the voice to japanese but I highly doubt they have that option.

As for Uncharted:GA....I don't know maybe I expected too much for the graphics, so I was a little disappointed with the graphics. the details and lighting were good but the AA and blurry feel made it look bad. I was hoping for a crisp clear image, but it was sub-native and it was really distracting. Its probably going to be #1 selling launch title in US, but I don't think I will be getting it, at least at launch.

As I said before, I had very little time with the games so it might not be 100% accurate impression of the entire games.

for the hardware, I liked the design, especially the rear touch panel side. The sticks and buttons felt little small, but I think it will be fine once I get used to it. The overall UI of vita looked better than what I have expected from pictures and videos, and the UI was very responsive. I am definitely going to put protective film both on the front side and the rear touch panel.

I am still thinking of one more launch title other than HSG. thinking of getting either blazblue, ninja gaiden sigma, or dynasty warrior next.

Number45

For those people that have played Uncharted - is it really noticeable (i.e. without pixel counting) looking at the screen with the naked eye? I'm picking it up anyway (not yet though, still haven't played 3!), but I'm curious as there are a lot of people stating that they're disappointed with how it looks.

I mean, on the one hand it's disappointing that CoD4 ran at less than 720p... but on the other it looked amazing. :/

ampere

New Lumines and Wipeout on a fresh portable console make my mouth water.

A bit pricey right now though, I gotta wait for a price drop or deals.

Bumhead

Banned
Just got to play some FIFA Football on the Vita, and it is truly awesome to play a FIFA game with such fidelity on the go - can see it do mad numbers in Europe at least.

Did notice some (occasional) slowdown and hiccups, hope they do iron those out before release.

Only reason I might pass on FIFA this time around is the lack of cross platform play.

If they work that into FIFA 13 and beyond, the Vita is going to become my go to console to play football games on (irrespective of next gen console releases)

Zoibie

For those people that have played Uncharted - is it really noticeable (i.e. without pixel counting) looking at the screen with the naked eye? I'm picking it up anyway (not yet though, still haven't played 3!), but I'm curious as there are a lot of people stating that they're disappointed with how it looks.

I mean, on the one hand it's disappointing that CoD4 ran at less than 720p... but on the other it looked amazing. :/

Yes, it was very noticeable. The Vita I tried wasn't loaded up at the part with the fire, but I thought it looked pretty good despite the low resolution.

As for the wonky aim acceleration, I didn't think it was that bad, certainly not something I wouldn't be able to get used to. Then again, I did only shoot about 5 people so I didn't really have that long with it.

Takao

Banned
Gravity Daze, albeit fairly short on the demo side, already shows that if developers actually realize what platform they are developing for, will probably make amazing games for this thing. The mechanics work really well, the graphics are well suited and stylish. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to try out the full version?

It's funny because this didn't start life as a Vita game. ;0

Lol, so I've contributed to a Vita meme, that's something to never put on a resume.

I needed this thread to finally get my launch hype back. I was succumbing to the bleak buzz of late.

Has anyone tried Wipeout's cross-gaming option? Or does Wipeout Fury needs a patch before you can play.

Also, too bad that Fifa doesn't have some sort of crossgaming option. Would have bought it instantly, but i'll wait too for Fifa 13.

RedSwirl

Wait what the fuck happened with Phantasy Star Portable?! Okay so it's not on PSN anymore, but I still have a copy of the game installed on my PSP. I can't just transfer that over?

Number45

Wait what the fuck happened with Phantasy Star Portable?! Okay so it's not on PSN anymore, but I still have a copy of the game installed on my PSP. I can't just transfer that over?

If you bought it on PSN you can get it from your download list.

EDIT: And to answer your question, I believe the answer to that is no.

Koroviev

I just prefer handhelds. A handheld launch is the most magical time for me. I don't have a rationale for it but I prefer playing almost all types of games handheld, including deep, hardcore ones. I guess it's because I feel like switching on my handheld more often than sitting down in the sofa and playing for real. It's less of an """"effort"""" so I do it more often. Doesn't hurt that I love the gadget factor.. And now we're out of the 3D graphics ghetto so all types of games actually can work handheld. Anyway, let handhelds rule, success to both.

I'm with you there. It's the reason that I spend more time with indie games than the flashy AAA ones that cost me several times as much: they're simply easier to dive into. I can play for an hour or for fifteen minutes. I didn't even have a console for most of this generation, just a PSP and a DS (now a 3DS with no 3DS games; GS had a decent promotion).

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR

I heard, if you purchased it, even if it's not on the store you can redownload it somehow.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Kamiya got brain damage at some point and he no longer devs games, just trolls twitter. He played the same game with people asking him about Bayonetta 2 last year :( It hurt.

LOL

I was just looking at my Online Pass for Wipeout and it says you need to go to the PSN Icon on the Xross Media Bar to activate it on your Vita.

What?

I'm probably going to import Gravity Rush from North America. I like having physical boxes and with the weak dollar it's likely a lot cheaper too.
Has there been any news on the UMD registering thing for the US/EU launch or are they not doing it over here?
There hasn't been any news at all about it.

Takao

Banned
LOL

I was just looking at my Online Pass for Wipeout and it says you need to go to the PSN Icon on the Xross Media Bar to activate it on your Vita.

What?

Sony doesn't proof read things. That's obviously wrong.

You serious? This sucks! :( And the Japanese version doesn't have a English language option?
Is the US version also DD only?

Look at this awesome box art!

irB1oMvYyRWiI.jpg

It'll be retail in North America.

patsu

Only reason I might pass on FIFA this time around is the lack of cross platform play.

If they work that into FIFA 13 and beyond, the Vita is going to become my go to console to play football games on (irrespective of next gen console releases)

You're probably right. Cross platform play with PS3 should be there by default for "standard" Vita + PS3 games. 8^/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom