• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

theBishop

Banned
I'm watching gameplay of this new PC/Console fantasy RPG called Kingdom of Amalore. It looks like a poor man's Elder Scrolls. I wouldn't buy this on console or PC, but a Vita port would be pretty sweet if it's possible.

Can EA be counted on to milk?

graywolf323

how the heck do I do the system update so I can attach my PSN account...

can't seem to get out of the setup to do so

edit: nvm figured it out

VanWinkle

If there's no FEB in Walmart tomorrow, I'll probably just wait for the 3G launch bundle, I should have preordered it for release date delivery at amazon but I wanted to use my employee discount (hey, $35 off ain't bad).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Oh I have full intentions of getting Rayman either way. I just don't know if I want to succumb to the 40 dollar price.

I meant Michael Jackson rhythm crap, Rayman isn't the full version is it?

CVX Freak just retweeted this article from Nikkei and I can't read Japanese but according to the tweet Japanese developers are moving from Vita to the 3DS. If anybody can read it and clarify the article.

http://www.nikkei.com/tech/personal...E0E2E2E2E2E2E2;p=9694E3EAE3E0E0E2E2EBE0E4E2E7
Sony, it's time.

ixHPidLpzMei5.jpg

Soi-Fong

Deja vu all over again

There were also reports of the 3DS being abandoned when it was doing bad in terms of sales. The Vita will be fine. Seriously, I've lost hope in Japanese developers anyway and really only looking forward to seeing what Western developers can do with the Vita.

As long as companies like Cave are still supporting the Vita with their awesome shmups, I say the hell with the rest of the Japanese companies like SE. The whole industry there has stagnated any way as well.

matmanx1

Vita is home with me now and all set up and unboxed. This little thing is gorgeous and I'm gonna get lots of playtime out of him in my next two days off. Can't wait!

knitoe

I suck at putting on screen protectors...

Wipe. Try to make sure no dust on screen. After putting on screen protector and you see dust caught underneath, use scotch tape to lift a corner and use another piece to get the dust sticking to protector. Repeat until all dust / dirt are remove.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Nah it's releasing as is and we're getting the download pass for free when we buy it.

that doesn't make much sense though - there's not much to do in terms of localisation and the full download contents are supposed to be completed by end of April (extra 1,000 yen i believe)

that still means the game is in the BUDGET range here - and i think Namco are aware there would be a huge backlash if they tried to pull what they did in Japan anywhere else.

Given the timing - i expect it to be the "full" game

Eusis

As long as companies like Cave are still supporting the Vita with their awesome shmups, I say the hell with the rest of the Japanese companies like SE. The whole industry there has stagnated any way as well.
This isn't as agreeable for people like me who felt that handhelds were great BECAUSE of Japanese support. Though hell, as long as companies like Falcom are on board I probably won't be having many problems anyway. At least with the second analog stick more western games will be done justice.

And a key difference between Vita and 3DS is that Nintendo has reliable first party titles that WILL move systems en masse. Sony never really had anything like that, despite how good some of their games could be. I want to see the Vita do well, but I'm more concerned for it than I was for the 3DS which proved my suspicions right (get Mario on and they will come.)

Just checked out the Target website to see what the prices for games are, and they are offering a $20 gift card and free shipping if you preorder your Vita. Thinking of doing this and then using the card for the B2G1 deal. Not sure if it's online only though.

DBT85

My questions is if all the other games have been debunked? I got all the demos downloading now including MJ.

Yes. They all have a "buy me biatch" button in the live area except for MJ.

It's certainly been interesting seeing people scrabble to get a game for free that they had absolutely no interest in buying in the first place.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

It's certainly been interesting seeing people scrabble to get a game for free that they had absolutely no interest in buying in the first place.

Welp, one free game, not too shabby. I want to try the other demos anyways so I will leave them downloading. Maybe minus Asphalt though haha

dallow_bg

nods at old men

Keyword is "buying".

Everyone likes a good glitch on PSN now and then. It's tradition.

patsu

"Free" is a powerful word in marketing.

Eusis

Every developer everywhere is always abandoning every platform.

I'm sure it'll be fine.
I wouldn't be surprised if there was some bouncing back and forth anyway. DS did best in Japan, yet the PSP ended up with seemingly more support by the end of the generation.
How is it different?
One's the slip up of a publisher/distributor, the other's outright going out of your way to get something illegitimately. It's even more ridiculous of a comparison if this IS able to be fixed remotely, because then it's essentially a one or two day free rental for a few people who have the system extra early, rather than an outright free game.

graywolf323

Wipe. Try to make sure no dust on screen. After putting on screen protector and you see dust caught underneath, use scotch tape to lift a corner and use another piece to get the dust sticking to protector. Repeat until all dust / dirt are remove.

that's not the problem, I can't get the air bubbles to go away :(

Toki767

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
CVX Freak just retweeted this article from Nikkei and I can't read Japanese but according to the tweet Japanese developers are moving from Vita to the 3DS. If anybody can read it and clarify the article.

http://www.nikkei.com/tech/personal/...E2E2EBE0E4E2E7

wonder why CVX didn't point out what an absolute mess of an article (read: opinion piece) it is? Hmmm...

Unnamed official says japanese big publisher cancelled all their games and moved them to 3DS!

Pondering on 4m vs 500k sales!

The article is utter dogshit - start to finish.

ゲーム機の発売時期はメーカーが宣伝に力を入れるため、ソフトを早期に投入できればヒットに結びつけられる可能性が高い。そのため大手のパブリッシャーほどゲーム機の発売時期に力を入れる。ところが日本での年末商戦でPSヴィータが50万台しか売れなかったのに対し、任天堂が3DSを逆ざやを抱えながらも400万台売った。このためパブリッシャーには3DSが魅力的なプラットフォームとして映り始めている。

GAF---> BABELFISH ENGLISH-JAPANESE --> NIKKEI --> CVX FEITCLUB --> GAF

patsu

http://www.nikkei.com/tech/personal...E0E2E2E2E2E2E2;p=9694E3EAE3E0E0E2E2EBE0E4E2E7

Good critic of Sony's current strategies. But this is a period of change. I don't think what they classified as risks (smartphone related) will remain that way. Interesting to see how Sony react.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
wonder why CVX didn't point out what an absolute mess of an article (read: opinion piece) it is? Hmmm...

Unnamed official says all japanese big publishers cancelled all their games and moved them to 3DS!

Gotta have that slander and sensationalist type writing particularly before the launch in a big region. It's all hot air. Vita should be all right in the long run. Only an idiot would want it to fail.

Unnamed official says japanese big publisher cancelled all their games and moved them to 3DS!

Pondering on 4m vs 500k sales!

Phew, glad that article was utter bull. I want the Vita to do well (btw, and the 3DS).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom