• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
oh geez....20 pages while I was asleep 0_o

Well this will probably be Lumines, Rayman, and UMvC3

If it applies to pre-orders online that could be bad...

Still no regrets on buying the games I did. Got them from Amazon with 5% cashback or with gift cards at less than MSRP

Yeah, I'm using this as a chance to buy some games I didn't initially intend to. When it's all said and done, you can get 3 games for ~$27/each (assuming you buy 2 @ $40), and there are some titles that I would pay $30 for but not $40.

As many have said earlier, Target wins my money.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
The three greatest words in the English language: OUT FOR DELIVERY!

FedEx for me, and they usually show up around 10am or so, less than two hours!

*walks a rut in his floor, sipping expresso*

Adr1an

I caved. Just ordered Hot shots on futureshop for 29.99 and a 16gb Memorycard.

Although im gonna try my luck and hopefully walk into a store next week and pick up a vita.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Less than a week, damn all you early launch people!
LLShC.gif

Ken

Vita games are region free, yes?

I'm in the UK, but would be willing to offer more than Gamestops trade value for a copy if anybody wants to sell it.
Yes. Caveat is that import DLC and online passes for import titles won't work with a region different from the game.

matmanx1

I am sooooo impressed by the quickness and responsiveness of the UI. I've just been getting my PSP and Vita apps copied over this morning from my PS3 and will be moving over my save files from my PC in short order. The OS is actually fun to use and fairly intuitive at the same time. It feels and acts like a modern touchscreen device should feel and act.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I am sooooo impressed by the quickness and responsiveness of the UI. I've just been getting my PSP and Vita apps copied over this morning from my PS3 and will be moving over my save files from my PC in short order. The OS is actually fun to use and fairly intuitive at the same time. It feels and acts like a modern touchscreen device should feel and act.

That's good to hear. I'm honestly looking forward to whatever apps get released, too.

UberTag

Just checked a few minutes ago and the Super Stardust Delta DLC is still glitched.

Can anyone that's purchased Escape Plan share the trophy list?

imjust1n

Banned
I have to wait the whole day to pick up my FEB : (

But im gonna do a big comparrison on my youtube tonight.

So if you wanna chek it out look up me

Itsjustinsanegames

jaxpunk

OH MAN. Epic. But I live in a city without a Target... well, they are building a big one next to my work, but it won't be finished for a few months... I'm so sad to be missing out on this.

Doesn't walmart price match? I'm in the same boat as you, so holding out that I can get them to match the ad.

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
Have Vita games been put up on the UK PSN Store yet? I want to start downloading some now ready for when I get the vita (my connection is wank).

Rootbeer

Banned
Doesn't walmart price match? I'm in the same boat as you, so holding out that I can get them to match the ad.
I can't answer your question, but in my case, there is no Wal-Mart here either :) My city has been fighting to keep Wal-Mart out for many years (San Francisco). I could hop a train though... not sure if I'm willing to take all that time but we'll see what my schedule is like :D

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yay, the FEB has been delivered to my office. They just need to get it to my desk now.

866 miles arrives at 9:30Am after being shipped the night prior at 5:36PM. Logistics is amazing!

Salaadin

Super Stardust Delta. According to the Giant Bomb podcast, you also get the DLC for free with it.

Yeah, Sony confirmed this on twitter.

You pay 15.00 for a month of 3G and get 1 extra month for free plus the 15.00 SSD bundle. Not a bad deal if you want SSD.

Dammit lol I shouldn't have bought it early, well at least the dlc is free

Sony will refund if you call them and explain. I did yesterday and they gave me no hassle at all.

Ken

You pay 15.00 for a month of 3G and get 1 extra month for free plus the 15.00 SSD bundle. Not a bad deal if you want SSD.

Sony will refund if you call them and explain. I did yesterday and they gave me no hassle at all.
Too bad you have to wait 30 days after activating 3G before receiving the game. Not sure if I can wait a month.

RoylAsult

Being honest though I don't think it's worth my time since I still has to pay 15 for the 3G something I don't even want

matmanx1

My Vita isn't seeing my PSP save files that I have backed up on my PC. I installed Content Manager on my PC but I'm not sure which directory I need to dump my PSP save files into so that Content Manager on the Vita will see them. Anyone know the answer to this?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
YES! Package delivered, and here at my office.. where... I ....... Can't ........ use..... dammit!

Well, fast delivery = amazing
Not being able to use, or touch for at least 3 hours and 20 minutes = Painful.

YES! Package delivered, and here at my office.. where... I ....... Can't ........ use..... dammit!

Well, fast delivery = amazing
Not being able to use, or touch for at least 3 hours and 20 minutes = Painful.

Take your large package to the washroom. No one will notice.

Anyone has any actual playtime with Ninja Gaiden yet? I loved the game when it originally came out, and it has now gone up my list as one of the two or three launch games I'll likely end up buying.

Ken

Wait, what? You have to wait 30 days to receive it? Are you certain?
Another gaffer in this thread who picked up a Vita at midnight said this was the case many pages back.

Post #10869. I'd link but I'm not sure how to on the secondapps site.

Rootbeer

Banned
Being honest though I don't think it's worth my time since I still has to pay 15 for the 3G something I don't even want
Yeah, I've thought long and hard about getting the 3G version. I was weighing changing my order from a WiFi to a 3G just today, actually.

Even the "free" game is not enough to convince me... because it's not actually free. it's a bribe to pay for 3G service I don't want or need. I have superfast wi-fi both at home and work, and it's extremely easy to find wi-fi in other public places so... I think i'm fine with Wi-Fi.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Anyone has any actual playtime with Ninja Gaiden yet? I loved the game when it originally came out, and it has now gone up my list as one of the two or three launch games I'll likely end up buying.
I might pick it up. I'm very curious about the port. It looks great in the videos we've seen, but those videos were all recorded at 30 fps. The question here is obviously whether it actually runs at 60 fps or not.

I have a feeling it's going to be 30, though. :(

Syntsui

I have one serious doubt. Let's suppose I buy one 4Gb card, download like 5 games and then, the card gets full. I want more games but I don't have space, can I delete one game I have to play a new one and then download it again as many times as I want in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom