• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thundr51

Thinking about picking this up but I've already got a psp and a go that I barely play. Anybody heard anything about trade in deals? Maybe I should just pickup a new gpu instead..

Happy Vita Day!!! Downloaded HSG, Lumines, Virtua Tennis, Wipeout, and SSD. Got my 32 card yesterday and just waiting for the Vita itself to be delivered. Probably end of day, so no sick day it is.

Do I need to install the Vita games on my PS3 before connecting my Vita to move them over?

Looks like the Demo version of the MJ Experience for the Vita has been pulled from PSN... I tried to grab it this a.m., but tho' I can find the Demos for Rayman and the others, I can only find the full purchase version of MJE... no free download for me :(

Downloading Escape Plan and Super Stardust Delta now...

linkboy

Can the 3G Vita be used without a data plan from AT&T.

I can get the 3G model for $224, but I'm not going to sign up with AT&T.

Zutroy

On a saturday/sunday? Really?

We're getting ours in on friday. Can put my pre-ordered Rayman and memory card nicely to one side, so I can pick it up on wednesday.

I work at a supermarket, so there are deliveries everyday. The majority of entertainment stuff comes at the weekend to be ready for Monday chart changes. Even the game stuff too, then just sits in the warehouse until the normal Friday chart changes.

sun-drop

i find it pretty odd that with all the coverage of vita .... by people who's JOB it is to do nothing but play with tech all day .... i haven't read a single review which has suggested using your mobile phone's wifi hotspot feature in place of the 3g mobile data connection of the vita..

whats up with that? ignorance or some kinda hush hush deal not wanting to piss off ISP's?

but yeh anyways .... so i'm getting a 3G model , i guess mainly just to give myself options, and also due to the 3g chip ..... but not sure i can be fussed with worrying about having to manage a 2nd mobile data account, even if it is offplan, top up as i go .....

i guess it could seriously kill my mobile's battery though :/

but on the vita, wonder what drains power faster .... having the vita's wifi on ..or 3g connection on? .... i'm guessing wifi .... the system is probably configured to poll for updates more often , and do more over the net in the background in general when on wifi

sun-drop

Can the 3G Vita be used without a data plan from AT&T.

I can get the 3G model for $224, but I'm not going to sign up with AT&T.

yes ...no mobile device is going to limit offline use if the mobile connection suddenly drops off ..this isn't the activision psp

Weenerz

Banned
Probably because it's not a feature to really brag about, you can use your phones hotspot feature to get 3g on ANY wifi enabled device.

linkboy

yes ...no mobile device is going to limit offline use if the mobile connection suddenly drops off ..this isn't the activision psp

That's what I figured, but I wanted to be 100% sure.

My exchange on base is giving away a $75 gift card with any electronic purchase of $299 or more.

That would essentially pay for a game.

vercity82

Anybody download the other demos of the vita ubisoft games I just went and picked up rayman asphalt lumines and dungeon alliance but now cannot access store do you think they done a boo boo with the demos being same size as the full games just like mk experience ??

Anybody download the other demos of the vita ubisoft games I just went and picked up rayman asphalt lumines and dungeon alliance but now cannot access store do you think they done a boo boo with the demos being same size as the full games just like mk experience ??

Not a boo boo IMO. Download demo, play the game. If you like it, you won't have to redownload te entire thing and just activate the game by paying up, continuing where you left off from.

That said, I heard Mortal Kombat experience is a fun game.

Weenerz

Banned
For the people waiting until the 22nd for their Wifi vita, you should really cancel or return your pre-ordered games. Target is running a B2G1 on all vita games starting the 19th.

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
sun-drop said:
but on the vita, wonder what drains power faster .... having the vita's wifi on ..or 3g connection on?
WiFi has remarkably low-impact on Vita battery, this is where the difference between existing mobile-systems (including phones) and Vita battery life is the most stark.

On that note - using hot-spot your phone will run out of battery long before the Vita does if you use it long enough (I've seen what an hour of that did to iPhone4, and it wasn't even funny).

mackattk

For the people waiting until the 22nd for their Wifi vita, you should really cancel or return your pre-ordered games. Target is running a B2G1 on all vita games starting the 19th.

I really hope they have a better selection in store than what they have online. It is missing Rayman and Virtua Tennis 4.

I would pick up Uncharted, Rayman, and Virtua Tennis 4 as my three games.

I should have waited on Lumines and just picked up Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf through amazon, since they were on "sale" already.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Anyone getting some psp games in anticipation of the Vita? Was thinking about getting $100 ps funbucks and just going all out.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
SCEE blog twitter just said that the EU PSN store will be live and ready for launch. I assume that means vita content will be up by the end of Tuesday

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Anyone getting some psp games in anticipation of the Vita? Was thinking about getting $100 ps funbucks and just going all out.

I did it too - I bought Dissidia 012, FF4 Complete Collection, Patapon 3 and Monster Hunter Unite. Hope there will be interesting sales this week on some PSP games.

sun-drop

WiFi has remarkably low-impact on Vita battery, this is where the difference between existing mobile-systems (including phones) and Vita battery life is the most stark.

On that note - using hot-spot your phone will run out of battery long before the Vita does if you use it long enough (I've seen what an hour of that did to iPhone4, and it wasn't even funny).

ahh interesting, well thats a plus ..sorta ... as i have my phone on usb charge at work most days. but yr right .... my cell struggles to make it through a day as is. bummer.

what kinda network settings are avail on the vita btw ...in the menus etc .... guessing no vpn settings?

think of netflix support here (nz) ...but i guess i'd have to get that off the US store to start with ....

can apps downloaded off other region stores run when you're back on yr native region's psn account? i guess the question is since th thing only supports one psn account at a time .... when chnaging psn accounts ...does it wipe yr apps off the thing? or leave them installed to be used by accounts that didn't actually download them ... ?

Gravijah

wal mart had some vita games out so i checked the cases out
and also bought drill dozer. hell yeah.
quite surprised at how small they are, even though i've been checking out comparison shots.

rager

Banned
I was going to order, but I am going to wait. I have two PSPs collecting dust and I have a feeling the vita will not do that well. Time will tell though.

Inside this thread it smells like roses. You'd think the Vita was going to have the greatest launch ever. Step outside and look at the other threads and you say the Vitapocalypse happening all around.

I think I'm just going to stay in here.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
wal mart had some vita games out so i checked the cases out
and also bought drill dozer. hell yeah.
quite surprised at how small they are, even though i've been checking out comparison shots.
I just wish they matched the depth of cases for other systems I have (GCN, Wii, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3) although I can't complain too much since they're at least the same depth as PSP cases.

mxgt

Banned
Inside this thread it smells like roses. You'd think the Vita was going to have the greatest launch ever. Step outside and look at the other threads and you say the Vitapocalypse happening all around.

I think I'm just going to stay in here.

All these other threads are giving me second thoughts :(

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Escape Plan is pretty neat!

Art style is lovely - it's fairly early days and the puzzles have been straight forward but the mechanics of it (using front and back panel touch well - along with gestures) is interesting and it has a nice unique style.

Rayman - played demo and that was it on Consoles. Good god, this game looks insane. So gorgeous and fun to play.

Hyuga

Banned
Escape Plan is pretty neat!

Art style is lovely - it's fairly early days and the puzzles have been straight forward but the mechanics of it (using front and back panel touch well - along with gestures) is interesting and it has a nice unique style.
Great to hear! :)
Escape Plan is a day 1 purchase for me.

Ugh....just got to work. Today is gonna be a looooooooong day :|

I did it too - I bought Dissidia 012, FF4 Complete Collection, Patapon 3 and Monster Hunter Unite. Hope there will be interesting sales this week on some PSP games.

I'm eyeing up Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (perm price drop to $19.99)

FFIV Complete Collection is awesome. I've got a UMD, but I'll probably double dip for the PSN version.

Also looking at some other games. Does anyone spot any key games that have dropped in price at all?

Also, does anyone have that list of PSP compatibility? I know there's some key additions to that list that will work when you transfer from PS3 to Vita as well that may not be on the "official" list.

I'm gonna be honest here. I HATE how the power on functions. I powered it down last night, on the cradle. This morning, I'm trying to power it on to show to my sons, and I can't get the fucking thing to come on. The PS button is flashing blue, but the fucking system will NOT come on. WTF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom