• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piggus

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan I'm worried about the weather we've been having here. It has snowed a bit the last two days. UPS says my FEB is on it's way and on time but I'll be piiiisssssed if it can't go out for delivery because of the snow. :(

krumble

Well I caved and picked up Lumines on download.... OMG I never thought it would be this good, I was a fan of the original... but this..

jony_m

Finally a Fifa player out there!

Now mate, I need to know more about the slowdowns.
How bad are those? I don't care at all if this is a "Fifa 11 version with steroids", if the career mode is not so freakin' good, if it doens't have Precision Dribbling or Impact Engine or it doens't use the new defense system. Loooking at the videos out there it seems a miracle and I prefer to have it today than wait till October to get Fifa 13....

So, how bad are the slowdowns?!
Thanks.

2c: earlier in thread someone mentioned the slowdowns were mostly during prematch ceremonies and nothing bad, hopefully someone can clarify. Can't wait to play it tomorrow.

Razgreez

Costs about $480 for a wifi vita, 16gb mem, fifa and lumines here...
I'm seriously beginning to feel the urge to blow a load on it.

>_> I was downloading Michael Jackson earlier and then fell asleep. Installing onto my Vita now... And here I am 15 minutes into playing the game with a trophy and not a single thing that would make me think it isn't the full version.

demolitio

I'm starting to realize what Sony should do to market the Vita. They clearly don't spend too much money compared to the others so why don't they spend all their money on putting ads all over other websites that link to this thread so they can join the hype train? Hell, TV ads should link to this thread too! I went from a guy who wasn't going to get a Vita until next Christmas because I'm broke to a guy who had a liquidation going on trying to raise every cent possible to buy one (the grandparents thing was just luck though, lol) and I see I'm not the only one that is buying a Vita due to the hype in this thread.

Hype is really contagious and seeing all the excitement makes everyone want to jump on board. From all the doom and gloom threads about handhelds to coming to this one made a huge change in me even though I didn't even buy into those threads. I thought I'd be stupid to buy early because it won't sell and it will be just like my Dreamcast, but fuck all of that thinking...I WANT TO HAVE FUN!

I love and hate this place at the same time. :)

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Is there any news about PS One games support?

Yjynx

Has anyone played Escape Plan here? or is there any review about it?

Sony (singapore) include Escape Plan and 10% discount on any game when I preorder from them. Before I make my desicsion I need to know if the game worth it (I never played the demo).

anyone? \(T_T)/

true Gek

Those look a lot better than the pre-order bonus ones.

Zb60Y.jpg

That are the pre-order bonus ones XD

Snowballo

2c: earlier in thread someone mentioned the slowdowns were mostly during prematch ceremonies and nothing bad, hopefully someone can clarify. Can't wait to play it tomorrow.

I'm waiting for your quick review as soon as you try it.
If you want feel free to pvt msg me.
Thanks.

maverick40

Hi guys loving the thread. I taught you me interest in what I received from sony in the post yesterday.......BEST VALENTINES EVER!!!!!!!!!!!

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep

Wozzer

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-15-sony-to-shut-down-psp-digital-comics-service

Sony will shut down the PlayStation Portable Digital Comics service at the end of September.

Sony will stop adding new content to the service from 15th March. You'll be able to re-download already purchased content until the end of the year.

Well if that's how Sony are going to handle discontinued items on their store, concerns me in regards to purchasing my Vita games digitally. Are they as easily going to decide to stop letting me access my paid for games a generation from now?

In relation to Steam, EA items get discontinued from the store but you're still able to download and use the service for EA games you've purchased forever. Your access to purchase items isn't removed.

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
I wonder if Sony plan on releasing a FW update for PS3 to show that little Vita icon whenever someone logs in through a Vita. I see PS3 friends on my Vita but not vice versa.

Toki767

Doesn't seem like my question is getting answered. Not that I really expected it to. They seem to just be answering the stuff we already know.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
anyone? \(T_T)/

mine is downloading now as i speak, but i have conf calls for the next 5 hours :/

I totally won't be playing Vita then.... TOTALLY.

(impressions in about 40 mins)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Doesn't seem like my question is getting answered. Not that I really expected it to. They seem to just be answering the stuff we already know.

Surprise. If there was any news to the stuff we want to know, they probably would do a blog update about it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Anyone tried Dungeon Hunter Alliance? Can't find any review and I must say it looks pretty funny.
Played the demo and didn't like it. Watered down Diablo clone - I suggest waiting for Ruin (btw., do we have a release date for that?).

DCharlie

Anyone tried Dungeon Hunter Alliance?

i played through a fair bit of it, wife finished it.

Both our feelings are that it's an okay Diablo clone - whilst the Japanese price was "okay" the US price looks daft.

It's not going to win any awards, but if you are desperate for bog standard hack/slash dungeoning and you have more money than sense? It's going to fill a hole

#untilRUIN

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Played the demo and didn't like it. Watered down Diablo clone - I suggest waiting for Ruin (btw., do we have a release date for that?).

It's the only remotely interesting game for me in the Amazon UK bundle, though, and I'll take a watered down Diablo clone over no Diablo clone...

DCharlie

2c: earlier in thread someone mentioned the slowdowns

playing Career- Manager mode - i've played 4 games so far and i've not seen a single instance of slowdown -at all- in game.

I saw one or two stutters when the game is loading when you are in the practice arena, but who the hell cares about that?

Game is God Tier.

UberTag

>_> I was downloading Michael Jackson earlier and then fell asleep. Installing onto my Vita now... And here I am 15 minutes into playing the game with a trophy and not a single thing that would make me think it isn't the full version.
It's the full version of the game all right.
Just with trophies that won't go anywhere outside of your local Vita collection unless you buy the game.
Looks like you'll be able to earn them all, though.

Really, so you downloaded the demo for free but got the full version??
Full version of the game = Yep
Unactivated bubble trophies = Yep

Bradach

It's the full version of the game all right.
Just with trophies that won't go anywhere outside of your local Vita collection unless you buy the game.
Looks like you'll be able to earn them all, though.

Really, so you downloaded the demo for free but got the full version??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom