• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tattooth

FUCK! I wanted to trade in some stuff to amazon, but when I refreshed the page today and the total for the games HALVED!

Is this normal, will the price change again?

FUCK! I wanted to trade in some stuff to amazon, but when I refreshed the page today and the total for the games HALVED!

Normal? Yes

Will they change back? Not within the next day I wouldnt' say so. You might need to keep an eye on it for the next 3-7 days

Crush is one of the best puzzle games there is -period- and it's $9.99.

*** MANDATORY GAMING ***

I'll definitely be getting that then.

Thanks!

Captain N

Oh man! I've got a doctors appointment and then it's PS Vita the rest of the day. Who wants to test out Cross Game chat in like three hours?

Add me on PSN!

• LAAG64

PaulLFC

Just had an email from ShopTo to say that the case I ordered has been dispatched:

TGGJAl.jpg

Spoke to Play.com and they say they're aiming to deliver the Vitas by release date at the latest, still a week to go though :(

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Super damnit...My Vita should be here soon. And I'm at work. So I'm going to get this package at work, open it and get excited, but not be able to play it until I go home. :| fffffff

Also interesting to see that MJ demo is gone. Sort of glad I grabbed it when I did last night.

krumble

Ok
so I bought the super stardust bundle
try to download and install - error
cancel - redownload - same
cancel the install and reboot the device - redownload - still error?

Anyone else had any issues with this? All my other games downloaded fine and installed

Error C2-12383-7

spectyre

Crap - not sure I'm getting my Vita today. Normally it would be "out for delivery" at this time, but it's still in transit. SHIT.

My tracking via Amazon says the same thing. When I try to track @ UPS.com I get the following message:

"UPS.com System Availability

We are temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Thank you for using UPS."

I have had this issue before with release day delivery, and the tracking finally updated when the package was delivered. So don't give up hope yet.

Durante

When you're picking up PSP games to play on your Vita, don't forget about Corpse Party. Best portable game of 2011. /shamelessadvertising

My tracking via Amazon says the same thing. When I try to track @ UPS.com I get the following message:

"UPS.com System Availability

We are temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

Thank you for using UPS."

I have had this issue before with release day delivery, and the tracking finally updated when the package was delivered. So don't give up hope yet.

Yeah, my item still says in transit. It's in the same spot it was at like 8am last night. I'm not really sweating yet.

Would be greatly disappointed if it did not come in today though :|

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
one more week to go...

kinda pissed the Thrustmaster VIP case isn't shipping til launch day which means I'll probly get it a coupla days after my Vita.

Yeah, mine is still showing in Indy (and Im in Cincy) on Amazon's website. Was able to get through the UPS site about 30 minutes ago, and its at my local UPS center. Dont worry everyone, just the UPS site acting a fool. : )

AwRy108

Amazon low-balls trade-in prices for about a week after a game releases; afterwords, they adjust them to be more reasonable. Amazon's trade-in values are typically way better than everyone else's (after that initial week, of course), plus store credit tends to go further with them, too, because their prices are usually very competitive.

darkwing

Ok
so I bought the super stardust bundle
try to download and install - error
cancel - redownload - same
cancel the install and reboot the device - redownload - still error?

Anyone else had any issues with this? All my other games downloaded fine and installed

Error C2-12383-7

looks like an error on the store part, is the bundle still there?

Mzo

Super damnit...My Vita should be here soon. And I'm at work. So I'm going to get this package at work, open it and get excited, but not be able to play it until I go home. :| fffffff
This is what bathrooms are for.

I only take craps when I am being paid to do so.

kerrak

Still a week to launch here in Europe. I watched Leverkussen-Barcelona instead of browsing this thread just to ease the pain, but hey, i couldn't.
Proof: my new avatar.
It's Messi.

The UPS issues are freaking annoying the hell out of me. I know it'll be on time, but I need to know when it arrives exactly so I can call and have the driver drop it off at a nearby UPS Store. They won't leave it at my doorstep while I'm at work.

Inside this thread it smells like roses. You'd think the Vita was going to have the greatest launch ever. Step outside and look at the other threads and you say the Vitapocalypse happening all around.

I think I'm just going to stay in here.

For whatever reason there are many people that want the Vita and even the 3DS to fail, thinking mobile gaming on iOS and Android is the future. Well until they put buttons and sticks on those devices (never) I am hoping dedicated handhelds have a place. I dont get why people wish to see something fail the more platform options the better chances for innovation in games.

mauaus

For whatever reason there are many people that want the Vita and even the 3DS to fail, thinking mobile gaming on iOS and Android is the future. Well until they put buttons and sticks on those devices (never) I am hoping dedicated handhelds have a place. I dont get why people wish to see something fail the more platform options the better chances for innovation in games.

I own the Xperia Play and although the phone is nice and its refreshing to have buttons, dpads and touchpads. The games made for Android (and even those made specifically for the device) dont have the depth and quality of a descent PSP, Vita or 3ds game...

This is what bathrooms are for.

I only take craps when I am being paid to do so.

When I grab my Vita at lunch I'm going to open it up in a local coffee shop then bring it back to work. Once at work I'm going to hit the washroom with it, which just happens to still receive our wifi, and proceed to update the thing to the latest firmware.

I won't have time to play games until I get home. Then I'm taking my girlfriend out for the evening.

Duffyside

Banned
If I take my FEB's Little Deviants and 4GB card down to the local Gamestop, do you think they'd let me trade those unopened in for full credit if I said I was going to then immediately buy Wipeout 2048 and a 32GB card? Will that work?

If I take my FEB's Little Deviants and 4GB card down to the local Gamestop, do you think they'd let me trade those unopened in for full credit if I said I was going to then immediately buy Wipeout 2048 and a 32GB card? Will that work?

I don't see why they would give you full credit for it. That would technically be an exchange which would require you to have a receipt showing you paid the full amount for them. They will probably let you trade them in though.

I was tempted by the FEB, but I won an auction for the wifi version for ~$240 last night and he's shipping today. Whew, $130 saved! ($30 in tax on $350) I even got a new system for less than retail, so I'm happy. I think that says something about demand though-- the guy had 4 in-hand wifi systems up early and only one got to about $260, the rest were around $240, less than retail.

Anyway, hearing that Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus has trophies pushed me over the fence. I've wanted NG1 with achievements/trophies for a long time! I hear the load times were cut out, which is great and makes it maybe superior to the ps3 version.

Yes, but the amount of credit they give you will be nothing because they know people are gonna be trading in the FEB stuff. I would guess $10 for little deviants, $7 or $8 for the card.

Twinduct

You know, I have my dead PSP staring at me from my desk. Which reminds me .. any way I can transfer over my savegames from my PSP to my PS Vita? .. looking at Monster Hunter Unity.

Number45

Finally made my mind up on the PDP Crystal Case. Storage for carts and memory cards that's kept away from the main unit did it for me.

My Hori screen protector turned up this morning as well. A week to go! :'(

Yjynx

Escape Plan is pretty neat!

Art style is lovely - it's fairly early days and the puzzles have been straight forward but the mechanics of it (using front and back panel touch well - along with gestures) is interesting and it has a nice unique style.

Thanx I guess I'll go preorder from sony store then.

In neogaf time this happened 20 pages ago lol. Great deal though.

oh geez....20 pages while I was asleep 0_o

Well this will probably be Lumines, Rayman, and UMvC3

If it applies to pre-orders online that could be bad...

Still no regrets on buying the games I did. Got them from Amazon with 5% cashback or with gift cards at less than MSRP

Bumhead

Banned
Vita games are region free, yes?

I'm in the UK, but would be willing to offer more than Gamestops trade value for a copy if anybody wants to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom