• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Escape Plan (842 MB), Lumines (722 MB) + demo available, Virtua Tennis 4 (1.2 GB), UMVC3 (1.5 GB)

Blazblue (3.33 GB/$35), FIFA (3 GB/$40), Dungeon Hunter (1.03 GB/$36 + demo), Michael Jackson (1.6 GB/ $36 + demo), Rayman (932 MB, $36 +dem

Are you telling me EA is the only company not giving 10% discount on digital download? Stay classy EA.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Wi-Fi Vita is not the same as 3G/Wi-Fi Vita.

Oh, I was reading it wrong then, I thought it was talking about both of them. Thanks for the clarification.

The launch bundle includes an 8GB memory card.. the wifi unit itself does not have a memory card.

I was originally planning on getting the Wi-Fi model because it was cheaper, but the inclusion of a memory card with the 3G sounds like a better deal. Time to go destroy my bank account!

Oh, I was reading it wrong then, I thought it was talking about both of them. Thanks for the clarification.

I was originally planning on getting the Wi-Fi model because it was cheaper, but the inclusion of a memory card with the 3G sounds like a better deal. Time to go destroy my bank account!

not only that, but you get a free game when you activate the 3G service.. super stardust delta..

They're realllly pushing that 3G model lol

UberTag

I can confirm that the Michael Jackson trophies are NOT counting towards one's external PSN profile. You can still earn them local on the Vita itself but it won't contribute towards your trophy level or anythng.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I can confirm that the Michael Jackson trophies are NOT counting towards one's external PSN profile. You can still earn them local on the Vita itself but it won't contribute towards your trophy level or anythng.

What about that screen that darksurrection posted? Is that normal to appear like that if it's not counting towards the trophy level?

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Confirmed! Just completed the order for the 3G launch bundle on Amazon, and chose the Release-Date Delivery shipping option. I should be holding the future in my hands about week from now.

not only that, but you get a free game when you activate the 3G service.. super stardust delta..

They're realllly pushing that 3G model lol

Does activating 3G service cost any money? If it does, I'm probably never going to use it.

Primeval

Neo Member
Ahh darn accursed power save turn off stopped my download, now my ps3 is way ahead of my vita downloading Michael Jackson demo lol.

UberTag

What about that screen that darksurrection posted? Is that normal to appear like that if it's not counting towards the trophy level?
There are two tabs on top of the trophy screen.

One shows your trophy information localized on the PSVITA system itself.
The other shows your trophy information as recognized on the PlayStation Network.

When you sync your trophy data with PSN, anything you've earned prior to or after the MJ trophies shows up on PSN... but your MJ trophy record doesn't show up at all.
Presumably if you purchase the full version of the game, your trophy progress will migrate over to your full PSN identity.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
There are two tabs on top of the trophy screen.

One shows your trophy information localized on the PSVITA system itself.
The other shows your trophy information as recognized on the PlayStation Network.

When you sync your trophy data with PSN, anything you've earned prior to or after the MJ trophies shows up on PSN... but your MJ trophy record doesn't show up at all.

Ah, I see. Oh well, at least it has trophy support on some level. I wouldn't mind going for them locally

I wonder if renting the actual cart would give you the trophies

the3ye

big question, and this question goes to Canadians: is it true that I can exchange Little Deviants from FEB to another game? I would love to swap it for...Rayman, and I know I would have to add $10 to that

Confirmed! Just completed the order for the 3G launch bundle on Amazon, and chose the Release-Date Delivery shipping option. I should be holding the future in my hands about week from now.

Does activating 3G service cost any money? If it does, I'm probably never going to use it.

I think they give you a voucher for a free month of the service.. that is the 250MB Datapass..

It does auto-renew, but you can cancel it before that happens, apparently.

So you could activate it using the pass, get your free game and cancel the data service.. then it will just stop working after you hit 250MB downloaded and won't charge you.

Kiyo

I think they give you a voucher for a free month of the service.. that is the 250MB Datapass..

It does auto-renew, but you can cancel it before that happens, apparently.

So you could activate it using the pass, get your free game and cancel the data service.. then it will just stop working after you hit 250MB downloaded and won't charge you.

You have to buy a pass (cheapest one is $15) to get your free game though, then after that, the voucher will activate to give you your 2nd month free.

Those look a lot better than the pre-order bonus ones.

Zb60Y.jpg

demolitio

The gaming gods have blessed me. After saying it wasn't possible to get a Vita due to a $400 car repair, surgery on the day of the Vita's launch, $1500 in physical therapy fees, and another pharmacy run, I just now found out my parents are taking my grandparents to transfer my money they had saved up for me since birth (hasn't had any interest really in a few years thanks to the economy) since I'm the only one that hasn't gotten it yet. I'm also selling my 3DS with 2 games and accessories for $190 which will help out towards one, and then my mom told me she would go pick up a Vita after work on the 22nd if I gave her the money so I could play it while I'm laying on the couch from the surgery.

The tech geek in me is now satisfied and the boredom shall be cured. :D

The gaming gods have blessed me. After saying it wasn't possible to get a Vita due to a $400 car repair, surgery on the day of the Vita's launch, $1500 in physical therapy fees, and another pharmacy run, I just now found out my parents are taking my grandparents to transfer my money they had saved up for me since birth (hasn't had any interest really in a few years thanks to the economy) since I'm the only one that hasn't gotten it yet. I'm also selling my 3DS with 2 games and accessories for $190 which will help out towards one, and then my mom told me she would go pick up a Vita after work on the 22nd if I gave her the money so I could play it while I'm laying on the couch from the surgery.

Wow, Good luck with the surgery. I hope you get better soon.

DBT85

You have to wait for 30 days before you can download free game

You got to ask why. You already paid for the damned 3G time and you can't cancel it.

Wonder if it's the same in the UK.

No reason they couldn't email/txt you a code immediately.

Tweeted @VodafoneUK who seem to reply to everyone. Should get an answer soon hopefully

- J - D -

Awesome! What games you getting for launch?

demolitio

Wow, Good luck with the surgery. I hope you get better soon.

Thanks. I'm getting pretty used to them by now, lol.

I'm debating if I get something at launch or wait til' Unit 13 and The Show come out, but Hot Shots Golf looks so damn fun.

Edit: Haha, perfect time to respond about the games. :p I can't decide at all.

B.O.O.M

It also help with the older PSP games. I put it in someones hands with Alpha 3 playing and they wouldn't give it back.

I also tried Powerstone and while it looks worse cause its a 3D game, it plays great. 2D games tend to age a little bit or not at all. Guilty gear accent core + looks really good on the vita and plays great.

Nice. Depending on when Tekken Tag 2 for vita is announced (and I'm sure it will) I might have to get Tekken DR to keep me company. Not sure if it's on psn tho cuz I had the physical copy

I'm SO hyped now. Going to pick up my first game tomorrow, UMVC3!

Karish

Gamefly sent me Uncharted tonight. Honest to god the game was so small I thought they left it out. Only found it upon third examination

raven777

I dont know if this was asked, but can anyone who got FEB check if little deviant has a barcode and no "not for sale" thing or not.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
I thought release date shipping was no longer available?

It worked for me. The option was there and I selected it, and it added $0.99 to the total. Did someone say it wasn't available anymore?

You have to buy a pass (cheapest one is $15) to get your free game though, then after that, the voucher will activate to give you your 2nd month free.

They want me to pay money for a service I don't want/need in order to get a free game? How good is this game?

As for what games people are buying, the only thing I'm getting for sure is Gravity Rush. Nothing else really strikes me as must-buy. UMvsC3 sounds good, but I already own it for 360 and don't play it enough. Gravity Rush better be worth the $340 I'm spending to play it.

We're VIPs!

Christ, Rayman is absolutely gorgeous! Controls perfectly. Playing DD ver and loads are fast.

Take it from a guy who has three ver of thos game now, this is borderline perfect

:) So glad I bought it. I bought Rayman 3DS last year for 40 bucks and let me tell you I am relieved that this game is good.

DBT85

Christ, Rayman is absolutely gorgeous! Controls perfectly. Playing DD ver and loads are fast.

Take it from a guy who has three ver of this game now, this is borderline perfect

Analogs or d pad. Be honest.

Anyone else wondering if they'll release a new DS3 with this new non-Nintendo patented d-pad?

Toki767

Analogs or d pad. Be honest.

Anyone else wondering if they'll release a new DS3 with this new non-Nintendo patented d-pad?

I kind of wish they do. Maybe make it a little bigger, but the d-pad on the Vita is very Nintendo-esque. Plus it's clicky and feels really nice in general. Probably going to be really great for fighting games.

tch

For those of you with Lumines, how difficult are the trophies? Because the ps3 lumines trophies were fucking absurd. Thanks

Yjynx

Has anyone played Escape Plan here? or is there any review about it?

Sony (singapore) include Escape Plan and 10% discount on any game when I preorder from them. Before I make my desicsion I need to know if the game worth it (I never played the demo).

Snowballo

hell yes.

Holy Grail of Gaming moment for me.

Finally a Fifa player out there!

Now mate, I need to know more about the slowdowns.
How bad are those? I don't care at all if this is a "Fifa 11 version with steroids", if the career mode is not so freakin' good, if it doens't have Precision Dribbling or Impact Engine or it doens't use the new defense system. Loooking at the videos out there it seems a miracle and I prefer to have it today than wait till October to get Fifa 13....

So, how bad are the slowdowns?!
Thanks.

wotta

To the person talking about certain trophies not syncing.

I have had games for a few weeks for review and only now are some counting towards my PSN Trophy count. This happens because Sony has not activated the game on PSN (or something along those lines).

I've seen it happen many times before, once the official release date is here it should work, if not just keep trying, it'll work eventually once sony activate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom