• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

anddo0

The case can't smell THAT bad, can it?
Anyway, I'll just spray with some AXE or something if it smells.. Doubt I'll be putting my nose near it much anway. LOl.

Yeah, the case smells a bit when you first get it. It's likely the adhesives used just needing to air out. Just leave it open a day or two, and it will pass.

timnich

I also would love to see this-- Tactics Ogre will be one of the first games I load unto the vita.

Also interested in seeing Trails in the Sky pics please-

As soon as I'm done setting up and updating, I'll download Tactics Ogre and snap a few pics. What's the best way to apply the sony screen protectors? I'm sure its already been discussed but I didnt see it posted.

btkadams

Anyway, I'll just spray with some AXE or something if it smells.. Doubt I'll be putting my nose near it much anway. LOl.

KuGsj.gif

patsu

I left an alcohol wipe (aka PC monitor cleaner) on top of the case when I put on the screen protectors. The FEB case has a little bit of alcohol wipe smell now. Think it will fade away later. ^_^

KalBalboa

Banned
Sorry to double post this, but can you have your own music playing with the PSN store open? On PS3 your MP3s stop immediately as soon as you open the store.

nekotama

Neo Member
Okay, I'm currently frustrated about the 3G sign-up, but that may be because of my connection, but trying to go online to do it--that's not working either. ://

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
As soon as I'm done setting up and updating, I'll download Tactics Ogre and snap a few pics. What's the best way to apply the sony screen protectors? I'm sure its already been discussed but I didnt see it posted.

Mmmmm Tactics Ogre, definitely the first PSP game I'll be downloading on the Vita. It won't be until later today, so your pics would be welcome until then.

Setre

So did anyone else have trouble getting their FEB? I pre-ordered some games at two different GameStops and had no trouble getting those. Already paid them off so I just walked in, got them, and left. I pre-ordered the actual system, and two games, at my local Best Buy and had a bit of trouble getting it.

For those of you who don’t know, when you pre-ordered something at Best Buy (at least mine) you go to the Customer Service area to pick it up. So I want into BB and decide to head for the gaming area as I planned to pick up Fifa as well. When I get back there I look around and don’t see any Vita stuff sitting out besides empty boxes for pre-orders. I sigh knowing I’m either going to leave without my FEB or jump through several hoops to get it.

I head over to Customer Service and look at the counter where they usually keep their pre-orders and see nothing sitting on the shelf. I talk to the guy helping me and tell him I was there to pick up my Vita. He, and another person, tell me it doesn’t come out until the 22. I pull out my receipts and show him. The other person checks on the computer and once again says it doesn’t come out until the 22, I then explain what the FEB is. Another guy then tells them both that people who pre-ordered the Vita get to pick it up today but everyone else has to wait.

Dude helping me goes back into the back to see if there’s any in stock, the other guy goes with him. The person who checked on the computer calls someone and tells me once again it doesn’t come out until the 22. I just nod and am pretty pissed off at this point. I start searching their website, and Amazon, for the FEB so I can show it to them if they want to keep telling me I’m wrong. Eventually that person leaves then comes back and tells me to go back into the gaming area.

I do and eventually get my FEB and my two games. Only ended up paying $108 due to some gift certificates and Reward Zone certificate I had. Might stick to just pre-ordering shit off Amazon now.

BFIB

So can anyone confirm the best place to trade in Little Deviants at?

Is Best Buy taking the trade-in on the game yet?

Marco1

Every time I see the hardware and see how the stick and buttons sit in a different look and feel of matt plastic, I always think that that maybe they pop-out so they can be easily exchanged when the stick wear out.

anddo0

I think the AXE would make it worse.

Axe is disgusting.

Why are people smelling their cases anyway?

Do people actually believe that AXE smells good?

Okay... Time to switch body sprays, I guess.

Yes, but to switch accounts you need to factory reset your PSVita each time.

Say it ain't so. Think Sony will patch this?
I was going to use the 4GB for my alt account. but this sounds like too much of a headache.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Best Buy just plains sucks. Kassatsu couldn't get his FEB that he preordered there cause they didn't have enough. That's bullshit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sorry to double post this, but can you have your own music playing with the PSN store open? On PS3 your MP3s stop immediately as soon as you open the store.

You can do everything but play a game on it from the looks of it. Now I didn't actually boot into a game or a PSP game but the music keeps going in almost every place including the Playstation Store. So that's an emphatic YES!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom