• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Can I get a volunteer who has Stardust Delta to post screens for the OS screencap thread? I technically own it but I have to wait for the voucher code from the data plan promo.

Oh my gawd signing up for the 3G plan is a pain in the ass.

Are you doing it from the Vita? It's a cinch on PC. I've had far worse registrations for other things. It was literally 4 pages and there was only really 2 major ones to fill out. 1 page was like a form like thing where you put in your credentials and stuff.

raven777

I finally got mine! First thing I did was to put the screen protector. But it seems too big to fit on the back...should I cut it?

Updating the system firmware now...I will use japanese PSN for now.

aro52

DELIVERED!
But I'm stuck at work for 2 more hours :*(

UPS.com is still borked, but the tracking on the Amazon order page works!

Yellow J

Neo Member
Setting up the Vita and on one of the System Information screen is says

System Software
MAC Address
Memory Card Capacity
Free Space
Phone Number

Phone number caught me off guard right now its blank.

jcutner

augh i shouldn't have been reading this thread all day

i'm super tempted to drop by my EB after work and see if they have any FEBs left and switch my pre-order but I can't justify spending that extra $50 for it

Lothars

I bought a brand new PS3 there (new model), and when I plugged it in it sounded like a vacuum cleaner. Returning it the same day was awful.

"I'd like to return this. It's way too loud"
(old woman taking return) "There's nothing we can do about that. They're all the same volume."

(at this point we go back and forth for five minutes until she realizes I'm taking about system noise, not volume from the TV).

"Oh, let me get someone to test it then." *takes the PS3 away, comes back 10 minutes later*
"The PS3 works fine sir."
"I know that, but it's extremely loud...the system itself is very loud..."
"Well don't place it on a carpet. But it works fine sir. Most systems have a fan inside them running at all times."

I had to argue with this lady until she finally gave me a new system, which guess what, isn't extremely loud. I hate BB so much.
I preordered the FEB with free uncharted and I am petrified they are going to screw it up, I will be going tonight to pick it up but bestbuy sucks.

- J - D -

Are you doing it from the Vita? It's a cinch on PC. I've had far worse registrations for other things. It was literally 4 pages and there was only really 2 major ones to fill out. 1 page was like a form like thing where you put in your credentials and stuff.

Yeah I'm trying to do it on the Vita, but I'll just do it on pc now that you mention it. Thanks.

It crashed on me once, lol.

So far, this set up has not bee so fluid. I couldn't link my PSN account to the Vita because it needed a system update, but then there aren't any buttons that will let you update from the Vita during the initial startup.

Argyle

Ok, so I'm not sure how "sleep mode" is actviated...but say if I were to put my vita on the charge cradle overnight, would it continue my download?
Didn't see anyone answer your question. Downloads continue in the background if you let the screen time out, they will suspend if you put the console to sleep manually (tap power button to turn screen off).

You can tell if your background downloads are going because the PS button stays on (blue) while it is downloading, it will turn off if the system goes completely to sleep.

I'm lining the inside of the FEB case with a microfibre cloth. Not a fan of the rough inside edges, they're not a hazard by any means, but I prefer knowing the Vita is placed/removed from a softer enclosure.

Setting up the Vita and on one of the System Information screen is says

System Software
MAC Address
Memory Card Capacity
Free Space
Phone Number

Phone number caught me off guard right now its blank.

Thought that was for 3G. I know for my iPad (3G) i have a phone number for reference purposes or something along those lines.

And after following this thread, i broke down and pre-ordered the 3G Vita, and bought WipeOut and UMvC! Really thinking about Lumines, but it's just depressing playing any of them after the original (nothing's beating Lights and Shinin'). Any opinions on if the new version holds its own to the original?

timnich

Spent 20 minutes downloading Tactics Ogre only to have it fail at the last possible second and start redownloading. What a waste of time/bandwidth...

LiquidMetal14

Yeah I'm trying to do it on the Vita, but I'll just do it on pc now that you mention it. Thanks.

It crashed on me once, lol.

So far, this set up has not bee so fluid. I couldn't link my PSN account to the Vita because it needed a system update, but then there aren't any buttons that will let you update from the Vita during the initial startup.

This is what other clients have to do to so it's more on AT&T than Sony. It worked great after the first fail.

tch

How would Target be as far as returns go in case I get a defective unit? Considering switching from amazon haha

Yellow J

Neo Member
Thought that was for 3G. I know for my iPad (3G) i have a phone number for reference purposes or something along those lines.

And after following this thread, i broke down and pre-ordered the 3G Vita, and bought WipeOut and UMvC! Really thinking about Lumines, but it's just depressing playing any of them after the original (nothing's beating Lights and Shinin'). Any opinions on if the new version holds its own to the original?

Maybe, when I went to the Network settings>Mobile Network Settings Sim card is not locked

When I get to VA this weekend imma try my wifes Verizon Sim Card to see what happens

Didn't see anyone answer your question. Downloads continue in the background if you let the screen time out, they will suspend if you put the console to sleep manually (tap power button to turn screen off).

You can tell if your background downloads are going because the PS button stays on (blue) while it is downloading, it will turn off if the system goes completely to sleep.

Awesome. Thanks!

Argyle

Lumines Electronic Symphony is better in every way over the original IMHO.

RoylAsult

do they sign you up automatically for 3g? because i did not register my device or start a plan or anything and in the top left corner is says AT&T 3g on my vita and my cc hasnt been charged so....

Toki767

So the woman who was delivering my package was a trainee, so I got the package 3-4hours late...

why does it always happen to me ? :(

It's okay. You still got it in the end right?

do they sign you up automatically for 3g? because i did not register my device or start a plan or anything and in the top left corner is says AT&T 3g on my vita and my cc hasnt been charged so....

You sign up yourself.

Setre

Just checked the tracking on my 32 GB from Amazon and it says it was delivered to my door, while I was here. Guessing it was delivered to someone else, lovely. Guess I'll use my 4 GB for now.

LiquidMetal14

It's not ideal, I agree.

I agree too but this is also my first 3g device. I may actually buy data from time to time. It's really hand for mobile browsing and it works great.

I'm playing Legend of Heroes right now, how do I access the smoothing options? I guess I should re-read the OP lol

Alright VitaGAF, 16 or 32 GB?

Due to the number of PSN PSP games I own, I went 32. I know I'll regret it when someone drops the price on them, but it's really the best size option if you intend to buy Vita and PSP games from PSN, as well as grab a bunch of demos.

Takao

Banned
I agree too but this is also my first 3g device. I may actually buy data from time to time. It's really hand for mobile browsing and it works great.

I'm playing Legend of Heroes right now, how do I access the smoothing options? I guess I should re-read the OP lol

Hold on the touch screen to enable emulator options.

How do you use the AR Cards ?

Is there an app for them ? Codes to enter ?

Are the AR games on PSN yet?

- J - D -

Yeah, well I really want the free game, so, I'll deal with it.

Isn't it hold the Vita button to access smoothing?

Toki767

How do you use the AR Cards ?

Is there an app for them ? Codes to enter ?

There will be free games on the store to download which use them. I believe they'll go up on the 21st though.

Hold down the touchscreen to access PSP options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom