• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

I'm seeing people suggesting the 3g model now? Whats the reason? I have no intentions of taking the vita out of my home so I see no benefit from it. Also picked up hot shots golf today, and a 16 gig card.

Mostly because of good bundles and discount promos. So people could spare some more cash/credit to get it.

3G Vita also has better geolocation capability for more accurate Near-related features.

cyborg009

Banned
I got Escape Plan on the 15th and absolutely love it.

That review is way off base, and missing the entire point imo. The game itself is splendid and eerie, the only issue I have is that solving a puzzle and getting three stars requires a low number of inputs, but tapping the backscreen by accident counts as an input, so three starring a level on the first try is usually impossible.

You'll have to really buckle down and be aware of what your doing if you plan on acing this game. If you ignore the stars until later, you'll enjoy playing twister with your fingers to assist Lil and Laarg in avoiding the ample death traps the game throws at you.

How would you rate the game? destructoid gave it a 4.5.....

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So which Monster Hunter is the best one for a beginner? I've never played one of these games before.

MHFU on US PSN.

Come on people i need a decision, which case is best for the Vita and i also need a screen protector.

I have an extra Skinomi screen protector I got and the one I got on now is flawless. It's up for grabs but no one took it. I can even throw in an iphone one for free if you want.

It was only on sale, much like the other Capcom games were. In hindsight I probably should've grabbed a few more, especially with that OLED screen eliminating the ghosting that made me decide to avoid these collections on PSP.

So Darkstalkers, Power Stone Collection, and Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max are all on sale? Or is $9.99 permanent?

TheGrue

Anyone having an issue with Near where when you hit the Update button, it finds your location but then when it goes to transmit it, it errors out with "An error occurred"? Worked fine this morning and now all day I get the same thing. I've tried killing the app and rebooting and it still does it.

Oh, and my wifi signal works fine. Can browse the store, do online Hot Shots stuff, so it isn't anything to do with my network connection. I first noticed it when I was out on 3G somewhere, but when I got home to wifi, it still continued.

Two questions...

1) How exactly do you get the free Super Stardust Delta game (3G deal)?

I don't want to sign up and bind myself to some AT&T contract. Any way to get the game then wipe all AT&T stuff permanently?

If they're going to pull some BS I'm just going to buy the game normally.

2) Screen protectors...you guys are saying the Hori is best, but at least as far as the Japanese Hori protectors are concerned, there's two types, matte and glossy. Which is best/more natural for Vita?
Also does the protectors "cloud" the OLED's sharpness, contrast or image quality in any way? That's my main concern.

patsu

Come on people i need a decision, which case is best for the Vita and i also need a screen protector.

I use the Sony one. They work fine and are easy to put on. Comes with 2 pieces, so I put one in front, and another one for the back touchpad.

The Hori one is supposed to be good too.

I have the FEB bundle, and use the limited edition case. Opinions vary for the case. No clear winner yet.

Has there been any talk of an E-reader app?

No announcement so far.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Will any of the Japanese Official Accessories for the PS Vita be available in the US, or will I have to import and pay a premium for a pouch from Play-Asia?

Thanks!

Toki767

So I have this Buy 2 Get 1 Free coupon for Best Buy, but it says console or PC. Does anyone know if it'll work for Vita games? Here's a picture of the coupon

Al5eAnACAAE39Qu.jpg

EriCKY

Neo Member
so the gamestop i preordered at months ago isn't having a midnight release. great.

I'm busy from wednesday til friday so tuesday night is my only chance of getting it.

does anyone know if i can go to a different gamestop and preorder this late in the game?

This is going to be soooo radical guys! I've had $200 saved from christmas....must get another $599 to pay for the rest of the stuff I need...

IMACOMPUTA

I'm there day 1 for COD Vita. This is why I wanted a Vita. I don't play cod for visuals / home theater experience. Its a fun competitive game. If the controls work well, I think its a system seller.

Ran rp

It was only on sale, much like the other Capcom games were. In hindsight I probably should've grabbed a few more, especially with that OLED screen eliminating the ghosting that made me decide to avoid these collections on PSP.

Maybe, but:
It just turned $20 and it'll stay $20 since it was a price drop.

I purchased Gods Eater Burst at $19.99 under the Special Offers section of Media Go. Are deals in Special Offers actual price drops? I wouldn't think so. (I'm asking because I rarely buy games on the PS Store.)

Eusis

PSY・S;35239750 said:
Maybe, but:

I purchased Gods Eater Burst at $19.99 under the Special Offers section of Media Go. Are deals in Special Offers actual price drops? I wouldn't think so. (I'm asking because I rarely buy games on the PS Store.)
I believe both the Store Update on the blog and the PS3 store show it under "price drop".

spectyre

Two questions...

1) How exactly do you get the free Super Stardust Delta game (3G deal)?

I don't want to sign up and bind myself to some AT&T contract. Any way to get the game then wipe all AT&T stuff permanently?

If they're going to pull some BS I'm just going to buy the game normally.

2) Screen protectors...you guys are saying the Hori is best, but at least as far as the Japanese Hori protectors are concerned, there's two types, matte and glossy. Which is best/more natural for Vita?
Also does the protectors "cloud" the OLED's sharpness, contrast or image quality in any way? That's my main concern.

aqvrc.jpg

sorry for the large size. It was hard to read otherwise

delta25

Banned
Lucked out today and was able to snag a FEB, dear lord this thing is absolute sex. Picked up Uncharted: Golden Abyss, the game is pretty damn good thus far in both game play and graphics. Speaking of graphics, considering UC is a launch game, I cant imagine the kind of stuff will see down the road in terms of visuals on the Vita. Mind Blown!!!!

Oh and the screen on the vita absolutely destroys the iPhone and its "inferior" retina display.

and one other thing, anyone know how to close applications on this sexy bitch....

EriCKY

Neo Member
so the gamestop i preordered at months ago isn't having a midnight release. great.

I'm busy from wednesday til friday so tuesday night is my only chance of getting it.

does anyone know if i can go to a different gamestop and preorder this late in the game?

quoting for the new page

really need some help on this :/

NateDrake

I'm there day 1 for COD Vita. This is why I wanted a Vita. I don't play cod for visuals / home theater experience. Its a fun competitive game. If the controls work well, I think its a system seller.

Why is it a system seller? If I want a good MP experience from a COD title I'm playing in on my nice big TV. Not a 5in screen or portable that lacks L/R2 triggers or clickable analog sticks.

spectyre

Lucked out today and was able to snag a FEB, dear lord this thing is absolute sex. Picked up Uncharted: Golden Abyss, the game is pretty damn good thus far in both game play and graphics. Speaking of graphics, considering UC is a launch game, I cant imagine the kind of stuff will see down the road in terms of visuals on the Vita. Mind Blown!!!!

Oh and the screen on the vita absolutely destroys the iPhone and its "inferior" retina display.

and one other thing, anyone know how to close applications on this sexy bitch....

Hit the glowing blue PS button which will take you back to the "Live Area". Then pull the corner down to close or tap the arrow on the side to leave it semi open and go back to the home page.

Has this been posted? Unit 13 will have a demo up on Tuesday.
Edit: NA store

Glassboy

I was playing challenge mode in Hot Shots and I was about 16 holes in when the Vita ran out of juice and shut itself off. I was crushed. I thought that I was going to lose all that time spent playing. I threw the vita on the cradle and when it charged enough to boot up again (couple minutes) Hot shots was in the same spot when it ran out of juice. I love this thing!

Why is it a system seller? If I want a good MP experience from a COD title I'm playing in on my nice big TV. Not a 5in screen or portable that lacks L/R2 triggers or clickable analog sticks.

Yeah dictate everything on your experience or wants, not other people's. Nobody knows if it will help out big or not, but more quality games help sell systems.

graywolf323

PSY・S;35238636 said:
Wrong. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was raised from $9.99 to $19.99. Capcom's feeling the launch hype too.

eh?

December 20th, 2011 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/12/20/playstation-store-update-218/

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Digital (Sale) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)

July 12th, 2011 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/12/playstation-store-update-198/

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite Digital (Sale) (now $9.99, original price $19.99)

October 19th, 2010 http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/10/19/playstation-store-update-161/

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite – Permanent Price Drop (PSP) (now $19.99, original price $29.99)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom