• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

I'm sorta picky because it's quite an investment, but are you also covering the "PS Logo/Serial Number" area that is right beneath the touch pad? Also, is the screen protector difficult to cut?

Yes, my protector covered the entire panel of copyright panel as well. The Sony protector is easy to cut.

If you are picky, I suggest you take a measurement of the protector on the front screen first and then subtract the height of the back track + copyright panel. Cut and then apply.

My back pad protector is more flawless than my front screen protector, which made me want to slap myself the day I applied them, but whatever.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Yes, my protector covered the entire panel of copyright panel as well. The Sony protector is easy to cut.

If you are picky, I suggest you take a measurement of the protector on the front screen first and then subtract the height of the back track + copyright panel. Cut and then apply.

My back pad protector is more flawless than my front screen protector, which makes me want to slap myself the day I applied them, but whatever.

Awesome, thanks for the info very helpful! :)

OK, I can confirm that Near will access the GPS for location data when 3G is off and wifi is not connected. Pulled up near when I got home tonight, it had an entry for 7:46 am when I was driving through the city on my way to work.

Pretty cool that it works exactly like I hoped it would, this was the main reason I wanted the 3G version.

Does you system say "No Signal" on the status bar?

Alchemy

Am I the only person who is going to keep the foam pouch the Vita is boxed in and use that as a sleeve for it? Did the same thing with my DSi XL and it worked fine.

raven777

Is it just me, or is 3G signal really bad for Vita? It couldn't get connection at a place where my phone(ATT) got good connections.

darksunpr

Sometimes when my Vita is charging the led will change from orange to blue, so I check for notifications but nothing and it will change to orange again. Any ideas for why it changes to blue if it has no notifications?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Is it just me, or is 3G signal really bad for Vita? It couldn't get connection at a place where my phone(ATT) got good connections.

I've ran into 1 patch with 1 bar but the rest is 3-5 bars. I haven't had it bad enough to not get connection either but that's me again.

it might be a crappy antenna..idk if 3g uses the same one as the wifi but i lost signal a few times in my lazy spot (my bed) where all my other wifi electronics get 100% there without losses

UberTag

I wonder if Sega is going to even bother sending review copies of VT4 out to the North American media or if they're just going to let the European press have their say on it.

For some reason, I bet there was a time way back when that companies didn't send copies of games out to the press and the press simply had a budget for them subsidized by ad revenue. That's probably just me being delusional, though.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Am I the only person who is going to keep the foam pouch the Vita is boxed in and use that as a sleeve for it? Did the same thing with my DSi XL and it worked fine.

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. Nice.

I was thinking of digging up my old PSP pouch that came with the PSP but I bet it's too small

Or how about the PSP Logitech case? If I took out the padding, would it fit?

Toki767

According to my Gamestop, like 5 people showed up for the FEB launch. Though they say they got a lot of preorders for the regular launch. Funny that the guy said it wasn't COD preorder numbers, but it was pretty big.

FrancisH

I have the Hori one but not my Vita yet, has anyone here tried applying it yet? If so how easy was it to get the application bubble & dust free?

This if my first Hori screen protector so I haven't had the chance to use the system they have for applying them before.

Raine

I have a feeling this will do some impressive launch numbers which is why Sony wasn't concerned with advertising weeks early.

Alchemy

Hmmm, that's not a bad idea. Nice.

I was thinking of digging up my old PSP pouch that came with the PSP but I bet it's too small

Or how about the PSP Logitech case? If I took out the padding, would it fit?

I think the Vita's sticks are going to be the problem fitting into the PSP sleeve, but its worth a shot. I have my blue PSP sitting in that somewhere...

Eusis

Personally I'm not interested in first person shooters, but obviously is good to have a confirmation of a Cod game for the console.
Given how Treyarch's been good about supporting the Wii I imagine getting the game running on Vita's not a big deal, whether it's downgraded from PS3/360 or upgrading from Wii. Or maybe just looking at 30 FPS the same exact thing you'd get on consoles anyway.

Yellow J

Neo Member
OK, I can confirm that Near will access the GPS for location data when 3G is off and wifi is not connected. Pulled up near when I got home tonight, it had an entry for 7:46 am when I was driving through the city on my way to work.

Pretty cool that it works exactly like I hoped it would, this was the main reason I wanted the 3G version.

Same here didnt sign up for att but it show I traveled 21 mile and met new people when I went out this morning.

RoylAsult

The specialities are player traits. They are specific to an individual player(s).
E.g John Terry has the 'Aerial Threat' speciality. Anelka has the 'Poacher' speciality.
To see what speciality (if any) a player has, pick the player and cycle through the player's attributes.

And yeah, though I didn't mind responding, probably should pose the question(s) in a FIFA for PS Vita thread (is there one?).

how do you use it? is it just automatic?

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Semi off topic, but I was just thinking. As we all know, there is a FFX HD Remake coming to the PS Vita; however, wouldn't it be awesome if Square-Enix implemented the FF13/FFX13-2 battle system into FFX? I would totally buy that. What do you guys think?

MrBeggar

Can anyone that has a Vita confirm whether or not you can switch X and O in firmware settings?
For example.. instead of X to confirm... i want to set it to O to confirm and X to cancel on a US Vita.

I understand that some games are preset by the programmers as to which is to confirm and some switch on their own depending on unit.. but I really can't stand using X to confirm!
If that's the case.. i have to import a JP one then ><

thanks in advance!

Ken

Can anyone that has a Vita confirm whether or not you can switch X and O in firmware settings?
For example.. instead of X to confirm... i want to set it to O to confirm and X to cancel on a US Vita.

I understand that some games are preset by the programmers as to which is to confirm and some switch on their own depending on unit.. but I really can't stand using X to confirm!
If that's the case.. i have to import a JP one then ><

thanks in advance!

X remains confirm while playing a Japanese copy of Gravity Daze on a US Vita. Haven't checked the firmware settings yet.

addyb

I'm normally not concerned with protecting stuff, but I'm worried about the plastic screen and the many reports of scratching the touchpad.

I'm always under the impression that those that report scratches on there vita, phone, tablet etc just simply aren't careful enough with there kit. Every phone I've bought, beforehand I read reports that the screen scratches easily etc. I've never had a scratch on anything before.

It's fair enough if you want to protect your gear but all these shells, grips, screen protectors make the vita much less stunning and that upsets me. Lol

dvdjamm

There's going to be a buy 2 games,get 1 free sale at Target...I know I want Hot Shots Golf,but what 2 other games would you buy? Sorry if this is late...

2awCA.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom