• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Just saw my first Vita on the wild and got some hands on with it. Uncharted definitely looks good (incredible in fact), analogue sticks feel nice as well. Unit is very big though, and my OCD kicked in when I saw that the bottom part is longer than the upper part (like, the screen is lined up more upwards). Its more comfortable than the 3DS definitely... but... I'll probably wait for a price drop. Not dying to buy one ATM and no games appeal me for now. I'll get it when it drops to $200 which is inevitable I imagine.

njean777

hey guys how do I pull up the psp game settings on this thing? I am playing FFDissidia and would like to put the second analog as the camera...

Kiraly

how do you use it? is it just automatic?

Yes, they are automatic. They are just special traits some players may have that make them a little better - for example I'm sure Messi has a special dribble trait, which means he will be a little better at dribbling and running with the ball than a player which hasn't got the trait.

Man, we need a FIFA Vita thread.

Grisby

Picked one up from Gamestop just now.

Does the vita have enough power out of the box to do the set up stuff or should I just plug it in?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone got a list of all demos available on US PSN?

Ok just read the destructoid review of escape plan. Yes I know Jim can be a bit of a dick but can gaffers confirm are the controls bad for it? Kind of put off buying it next week now.

I got Escape Plan on the 15th and absolutely love it.

That review is way off base, and missing the entire point imo. The game itself is splendid and eerie, the only issue I have is that solving a puzzle and getting three stars requires a low number of inputs, but tapping the backscreen by accident counts as an input, so three starring a level on the first try is usually impossible.

You'll have to really buckle down and be aware of what your doing if you plan on acing this game. If you ignore the stars until later, you'll enjoy playing twister with your fingers to assist Lil and Laarg in avoiding the ample death traps the game throws at you.

Also, picked up Virtua Tennis 4 today. Very fun game, and the visuals are incredible.

My Vita library now consists of VT4, Uncharted GA, Rayman Origins, Wipeout 2048, and Little Deviants.

I just ordered the 3G/wifi bundle, for those who suggested it thank you. A new dilemma now is screen protector and a case for the Vita, whats your suggestion gaf.

Soi-Fong

Why would you ever want to play console games on a handheld?

Brb gonna go download mgs3 3 fps edition demo

Oh I don't know maybe when I'm on the train commuting to class and the ride is an hour each way. How about you actually try to be a bit more open minded and that some of us do see a use for the Vita in our everyday lives?

I'm seeing people suggesting the 3g model now? Whats the reason? I have no intentions of taking the vita out of my home so I see no benefit from it. Also picked up hot shots golf today, and a 16 gig card.

Ran rp

Just got notification from Amazon that Ridge Racer has been pushed back to June 30. :(

Oh well, I have 6 games right now as it is. Not a big deal.

Edited to add link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006FRNAAE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Everyone should keep their RR pre-orders just in case Namco decides to add the rest of the content to the game and charge full price.

It just turned $20 and it'll stay $20 since it was a price drop.

Wrong. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was raised from $9.99 to $19.99. Capcom's feeling the launch hype too.

That WipEout soundtrack is making my ears tear it's so good.

Mr.Fresh

I just pre-ordered mine today. The guys in the Gamestop near my house are hyping this up to everyone that walks in the store. They had a crowd of.people in the vita section showing off the games and just showing off the system with the sony rep.

addyb

I got Escape Plan on the 15th and absolutely love it.

That review is way off base, and missing the entire point imo. The game itself is splendid and eerie, the only issue I have is that solving a puzzle and getting three stars requires a low number of inputs, but tapping the backscreen by accident counts as an input, so three starring a level on the first try is usually impossible.

You'll have to really buckle down and be aware of what your doing if you plan on acing this game. If you ignore the stars until later, you'll enjoy playing twister with your fingers to assist Lil and Laarg in avoiding the ample death traps the game throws at you.

Thanks for the info. Might just give this a whirl.

B.O.O.M

Reading through the COD Vita date thread gave me a headache. Why so much negativity? This is nothing but positive news for Sony. I think if they can make it so that you can continue playing COD games outside of the house when you go out, it will be very appealing to the fans

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Oh I don't know maybe when I'm on the train commuting to class and the ride is an hour each way. How about you actually try to be a bit more open minded and that some of us do see a use for the Vita in our everyday lives?

Woosh

mauaus

Reading through the COD Vita date thread gave me a headache. Why so much negativity? This is nothing but positive news for Sony. I think if they can make it so that you can continue playing COD games outside of the house when you go out, it will be very appealing to the fans

Stupid Fanboys are the only ones who want this awesome device to fail

Eusis

PSY・S;35238636 said:
Wrong. Monster Hunter Freedom Unite was raised from $9.99 to $19.99. Capcom's feeling the launch hype too.

That WipEout soundtrack is making my ears tear it's so good.
It was only on sale, much like the other Capcom games were. In hindsight I probably should've grabbed a few more, especially with that OLED screen eliminating the ghosting that made me decide to avoid these collections on PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom