• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGrue

I'm getting the "np-2244-2" error when trying to buy UMvC3, is this a problem for anyone else?

I started getting that on Wednesday when I bought a bunch of games and my credit card company locked it for fraud protection. I got it settled on the card end, but it looks like Sony locked my account from purchasing anything. I called tech support about it and they said it can take 3-5 business days to unlock and they supposedly had no way to unlock it.

On another note, today I keep getting errors on Near when I try to do an update saying just "an error occurred." Anyone getting that?

This is BULLSHIT! I've played the demo and the sense of speed is amazing!! And look at this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mf4E0EVzoGU

Just buy the game and have fun, WipEout 2048 = day one for me. ;)

Yeah, hearing Gerstmann talk about wipeout on the bombcast gave me the impression that me may have spent about thirty minutes max with the game.

Not that I'm bitching about reviews or anything, but it is kind of an odd complaint when I'm playing races where I'm going so fast that I can just barely stay on the track (notably the second race in the third year)

TheExodu5

Banned
Do you have to use the touch screen to start games? I know the demo version forces you to use the touch screen for everything, but I was hoping that was something Sony had set in the options menu of the demo units. I really don't want to use the touch screen every time I want to select and start a game. It's going to get too many fingerprints on the screen.

Yes you do.

Pachimari

The only problem with that is the extra corners and stuff that dust will get into. It will only be inevitable unfortunately.

I love my Skinomi front screen film. It's almost all dissipated abotu 1 1/2 days after I put it on.

Trailer trash shoe fire smelling master race representing here!

Not after my deluxe cologne treatment but ehhhhhhhhhhh.

I already ordered a special "leather spray" with perfume from a local shop, which should be able to get rid of the smell if I get one with it. ;)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
My case smells but only a little, mostly leather actually. I don't think I'll use it though . . . too bulky. Wish Waterfield would make one. Their PSP cases were the best.

patsu

but its possible?

Aiight... does this help ?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35217228&postcount=14426

raven777 said:
Ok thanks that great!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DWsKE6tStQ

The video above is the way to switch using different memory card. So to switch the vita account without switching a memory card, do I just follow the same step above, but without taking out the memory card while formatting the machine? So it doesn't require me to format my memory card, is it correct?

Sorry for keep asking questions!

EDIT:
archnemesis, is the above YouTube link worthy of a place in the OP ?

This follow-up post may be useful too:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35217400&postcount=14431

That really sucks. I hate fingerprints on a screen.

The vita's screen is actually one of the best screens I've used in terms of not showing fingerprints. So long as you've washed your hands recently, you'll hardly notice fingerprints on the device. (though I haven't played outside in sunny weather or anything, so I can't vouch for outdoor use)

Oh hey, those are my screenshots!
That makes me feel better about taking them. With how fast this thread was going, I thought all that would've been lost after a page.
Well, I try to stuff as much useful information as possible in the OP.

Aiight... does this help ?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35217228&postcount=14426

EDIT:
archnemesis, is the above YouTube link worthy of a place in the OP ?
Absolutely! I'll add it right away.

Why does Wipeout 2048 feel harder than HD/Fury?

I thought the wider tracks would be easier, but I'm having trouble hitting the boost pads since they're so spread out.

Also, the side slide seems to be harder to pull off because there's a bit of side inertia, so the sliding drifts a bit and sometimes hit the wall if you don't counter it.

Ken

The only problem with that is the extra corners and stuff that dust will get into. It will only be inevitable unfortunately.

Yeah, it's a little loose on the top. I'm not too anal about it and if it does become a problem, I could always get a new one and pass this one down to a sibling.

By the way, is there any way to change the clock font color on the start screen? Poor contrast makes it hard to see on my wallpaper. Same for the pass code screen; any way to change the background color from blue to something else?

9a2149ec.jpg

patsu

I started getting that on Wednesday when I bought a bunch of games and my credit card company locked it for fraud protection. I got it settled on the card end, but it looks like Sony locked my account from purchasing anything. I called tech support about it and they said it can take 3-5 business days to unlock and they supposedly had no way to unlock it.

On another note, today I keep getting errors on Near when I try to do an update saying just "an error occurred." Anyone getting that?

Yeah for shopping issues, I have seen a few posts explaining their fixes so far.

* I believe TheExodu5 fixed his PSN shopping problem by a hard reset

* And yes, credit card fraud protection is another possibility

* I remember someone also mentioned that Sony was updating the server with more Vita "shit" when they tried to buy stuff (yes, good shit may have caused some confusion).

EDIT: In addition, Vita has an error log in Settings > System > Error Code History. You can look for more clues there (if the messages are any helpful).

Can't you just tap it with your fingernail instead?

Can't do that with capacitive screens, but actually, you don't even have to tap the screen. You can bring your finger 1 mm away from the screen and the vita will register it at as tap.

That's just for the lulz though... Don't actually do that.

Also, who else in here is offended that Wipeout defaults to some shitty control mode made for babies?

jcutner

Yeah for shopping issues, I have seen a few posts explaining their fixes so far.

* I believe TheExodu5 fixed his PSN shopping problem by a hard reset

* And yes, credit card fraud protection is another possibility

* I remember someone also mentioned that Sony was updating the server with more Vita "shit" when they tried to buy stuff (yes, good shit may have caused some confusion).

I tried on both my Vita and PS3 - couldn't purchase. There has to be some sort of block on my CC on the PSN side that Sony Support doesn't know how to see or fix. It seems like their solutions are "wait it out." with no clear cut resolution/solution.

jogarrr

So, I used the little mobile connect ( or whatever its called) application on the Vita to sign up for 3g.. Am I screwed? It said nothing about a promo/free game/free month

Go to att.com/buyasession (may not work on chrome)
Login and select your vita plan and somewhere you can apply the promo (I believe it is under add a plan).

It's not really an obvious step so,
Anyone who signed up for the 3G plan for SSD make sure you've applied the promo.

patsu

Login and select your vita plan and somewhere you can apply the promo (I believe it is under add a plan).

Anyone who signed up for the 3G plan for SSD make sure you've applied the promo.

Woah, thanks for the helpful tips ! I would have forgotten to do that. Will only do it next Wednesday together with everyone else.

EDIT:
I tried on both my Vita and PS3 - couldn't purchase. There has to be some sort of block on my CC on the PSN side that Sony Support doesn't know how to see or fix. It seems like their solutions are "wait it out." with no clear cut resolution/solution.

Did you ask to speak to their managers ?

no_to_co

My case smells like a new pair of basketball shoes. I'm ok with this.
Mine smells like burnt rubber and burnt wood. The smell is so strong that it fills up the entire room if you leave the case out. This would not be so bad if Sony did not refuse to exchange it.

TheExodu5

Banned
Mine smells like burnt rubber and wood. The smell is so strong that it fills up the entire room if you leave the case out. This would not be so bead if Sony did not refuse to exchange it.

I'm sticking mine in the freezer for 24 hours. We'll see if it does the trick.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Vita is awesome hardware and yet of all things they can't get the damn case right. Sony should get their money back from whoever they farmed the case out to and make right with the early adopters.

Ken

KEN I would love a review of this.

I don't really write reviews, sorry. :x

I did find this rather brief review of it with much better photos of the shell.

http://play-beyond.net/2012/02/07/hori-tpu-protector-cover-photos-review/

From the few days of use I've had with it, I agree with the pros listed in that review. I'm also less hesitant putting the Vita flat on a surface since the shell creates a few millimeters of space between the surface and the reportedly easily-scratched back touch screen.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Anyone with a VITA got a MadCatz ArmorShell ?

wAnDt.jpg

Saw it at Gamestop today for $12.99 and was wondering about the built quality.

I just bought one of these Hori Silicone Gel covers off Ebay the other day. Love the feel of it. \

Also love that the PS button is covered so I won't be annoyed by that blue light constantly on.

PDgit.jpg

ZSzn6.jpg

And I'll love it even more when my Vita arrives!

*sadface*

TheGrue

Thanks for pointing this out. I had no idea you even had to do this.

theBishop

Banned
Yes, Vita is Sony's easiest platform to develop for. Indies who have only made iOS and PC games have been able to do stuff on Vita.

Vita is being compared to PS3 for obvious reasons, but as an outsider, it looks far more like a 360. No weirdo CPU, just 4 conventional cores. Tile-based rendering. Supposedly high quality SDK. Party Chat.

abasm

I caved and bought a Vita, mostly to play PSP games on that gorgeous screen. Fingers crossed for more PS3 port announcements--I don't own one, and probably never will.

- J - D -

Where could I buy some of those? Can't find any around the house.

You can get the packets on Amazon, but sorry I don't know where you could find them in stores. I had some from shoe boxes and collectibles packaging.

edit: I suppose you could go to any department store and raid their shoe boxes for the silica packets, lol.

Loudninja

Unit 13 Takes Over Vita Hill Social Clubs; Demo on February 21st
The release of Unit 13 is just a few weeks away now, officially launching on March 6th, but you don’t have to wait that long to get your hands on the game! On Monday, February 20th, Unit 13 is going to take over all eight Vita Hill Social Clubs, giving you the chance to dig in to the full Unit 13 experience and find out what it’s like to play a console-caliber shooter in the palm of your hands. The top scoring players at each location will be eligible for some pretty awesome prizes, so play as much as you can during the limited-time event and try to get your name to the top of the leaderboards. For locations and times, check out the official Vita Hill Social Club page.

If you can’t make it to one of the club dates you might miss out on the prize opportunities but you can still get an early taste of Unit 13 by checking out the downloadable demo via the PlayStation Store on Tuesday, February 21st. The demo gives you access to one of the game’s Direct Action missions and includes all six operatives and online leaderboard support. Perhaps best of all is that your scores and level progress earned in the demo will carry over to the full game once it’s released on March 6th!
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/02/17/unit-13-takes-over-vita-hill-social-clubs-demo-incoming/

UberTag

I'm getting the "np-2244-2" error when trying to buy UMvC3, is this a problem for anyone else?
Ultimately in a situation like this you're just kind of stuck waiting until Sony's ultra-reactionary billing servers work themselves out. Seems to be an automatic trigger that kicks in whenever someone... heaven forbid... tries to buy multiple pieces of content at once off their marketplace.

Once you've made sure all of your billing details match up exactly with your credit card statement's formatting, your only option is to play the waiting game and make use of prepaid PSN tokens in the interim. If you have the option of buying them digitally online, it's not such a big hassle. In fact, you'd think given these challenges, Sony would provide people with an option of buying PSN tokens digitally through themselves instead of forcing them to rely on third-party retailers... but hey, that would make too much sense to succeed.

no_to_co

On a positive note I installed all the Disgaea PSP games on my Vita last night and they are awesome! I got them at gamestop as discounted DLC codes. Pretty cool, thinking of picking up Phantom Brave as well.

Zutroy

Any of you smelly case lot tried ferbreze?

"Ferbreze doesn't just cover bad smells, it eliminates them!"

Put it to the test!

Video review of Hustle Kings.

Not technically a review. He's playing the demo, and the control method quite frankly looks like shit to me. Why make the user set the power and then pull back to swing? Shouldnt the amount we pull back and the speed with which we push forward dictate the power of the swing? Blech.

Weenerz

Banned
I put a drier sheet into my FEB case and let it sit for around 24 hours and the smell went away. Probably won't use it though, since I already have more than 4 games. It's silly that the case only has 4 game slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom