• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best soft case? The official Sony one? Would like something super slim that also has a small area for games (even just a little pouch).

Friend of mine got this one. It's also in Black. He was very positive about the case.

psvita-playstation-vita-soft-carry-case-white.jpg

patsu

It would be pretty fast if it wasn't only up to SCEJ to update the FW.

I agree with people's sentiments here, needs a youtube app, as well as music, video unlimited app. A crackle app would be nice, since that is a nice service with good movies and tv shows for free, but the app might be exclusive to 360 for video game systems.

Crackle is owned by Sony and also listed as a SEN partner. In due time, Hulu Plus, Video, Music Unlimited, NetFlix, MLB.tv, etc should make it to Vita also since they are all SEN partners or Sony services.

EDIT:
The Vita and PS3 browsers should support HTML5 features like WebStorage, Canvas, AV tags already. Flash is not supported or updated because Adobe gave up its mobile Flash strategy.

I suspect whatever is holding up YouTube should be business or process related - unless they insist on VP8 support for new licenses. The old/standard YouTube codecs are already supported on Vita.

Sorry if this was obvious, but quite a few people seemed to be having trouble holding it..

It's not an issue of me having a problem with how they intend me to hold it. I have a problem that it's not even remotely comfortable holding it the way it was designed. I have big hands, which may be the issue. Much more comfortable just extending my fingers across the entire back of the device. Hopefully the games I end up buying will be smart enough to account for it, or at the very least offer adequate controls if I choose not to use the backtouch. Fifa for example wisely lets you turn off the back-touch.

Nor will it until Tuesday. I love that about Amazon. They give you plenty of time to change your mind, then change it back etc etc. So people that are vacillating between 3G and Wifi-only can continue to create and cancel new orders for two more days. If their history is any indication, Vita orders will enter the shipping(no cancellation allowed) Tuesday morning, and then shipment notifications will be sent early Tuesday evening.

It also work both ways, making me torture myself whether to get Vita, 3DS, or none...

Quick question, do you have to create a new PSN account for the Vita or can you use your PS3 PSN account?

But be careful of logging in the first time you start your Vita, it won't work. Select guest account, update the system, then log in.

spectyre

It's not an issue of me having a problem with how they intend me to hold it. I have a problem that it's not even remotely comfortable holding it the way it was designed. I have big hands, which may be the issue. Much more comfortable just extending my fingers across the entire back of the device. Hopefully the games I end up buying will be smart enough to account for it, or at the very least offer adequate controls if I choose not to use the backtouch. Fifa for example wisely lets you turn off the back-touch.

Stay away from Escape Plan. Great game but you are rated by how many commands you enter and accidental back touches do count.

Well thats the reason I am buying a Vita, my wife likes to surf the net while watching a film, so she uses the laptop and the TV, which renders my Xbox completely useless to me %90 of the time, If I can use the Vita for nearly all my web and gaming needs, but still get access to my Xbox exclusives while she surfs on the Vita and watches films on the laptop, than I will be a very happy dude.

this post makes me feel sooo friggin' unplugged (i'm buying a vita so i can play gravity daze :) )...

just tried Alpha 3 mac on Vita looks awesome.

Quick question can I transfer this game to another Vita ccount? like the psn game sharing thing?

Now if only someone would release MOTW and LAst blade 2

- J - D -

It is cheap in NZD. You realise how much we pay for shit? Uncharted Vita is $90NZD (retail) while it's possible to get Ridge Racer for $33NZD (Granted Retail is $50NZD) from nzgameshop. You telling me that is not cheap?

Not everyone thinks like you. Just because Game X has 16 tracks for $100NZD doesn't mean 6 tracks for a third of the price is a bad deal. I'm pretty sure that the Gold Pass allows for discount on future content as well up to a certain date. There could be 20 tracks by the time everything has been released and it could cost exactly the
same as a full priced retail. Would that still be an embarrassing rip?

And that's a bit rich telling me to stop after your constant posts like these....

..and there were more but you get the idea. It's a forum, we're entitled to our opinions but don't get personal. =)

Wow, you're still sore over that? Well, hold it deep in your chest if you want, but my sentiment towards the memory cards and high-prices inherent were half in jest, as I willingly partook in buying an FEB. still, the situation is the same. You may be able to get RR for cheap from some store that's offering it, but msrp is what I am focusing on as that is what most people will end up paying without knowing the dearth of content they'll be getting.

At least with the memory cards, you know what you're getting into. With RR, you can't know for sure how much it'll end up costing and/or when Namco will make tracks and cars available to put this anywhere near an acceptable 15-track, 40 car full release. To start it all off at $30usd is ridiculous. And you're sitting there, parroting the same comparison to a 15 year old game to justify this.

And it only runs at 30fps.

I just compared Tactics Ogre between Vita and PSP3000. wow. I remember having a comparison between PSP1000 to PSP3000 and PSP 3000 kick the shit out of PSP1000 screen and color. it's like that all over again. probably with even bigger difference between Vita and PSP3000, the black colour of OLED really can't be beat.

now I'm curious to make side by side comparison between PSP 1000 to Vita just for the lol.

Call of Duty coming to Vita? If the Vita is receives capable port by what the general public considers "High Quality" FPS, then the Vita could potentially beat the 3DS in the US. It'd be amusing if the regional sales of the PSV vs 3DS turn out like the 360 vs PS3.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Well that's what I was hoping and it makes most sense, but with the weird saves setup the Vita has I don't know how it will behave. Let's say you buy a game retail that doesn't require a memory card and then get that game digitally. One version saves to the game card the other to the memory stick. If it only has one bubble on the home screen, when loading a save game would it display all the saves available on the memory card and game card? I know wipeout doesn't do this and always saves to the memory stick, but it almost seems like the retail game would be distinguished from the digital version.

I'll have to double check - i know Tennis is supposed to save to teh game card but i'm pretty sure when i downloaded the digital version my progress was saved. will check tomorrow - nearly 3am here.

patsu

Stay away from Escape Plan. Great game but you are rated by how many commands you enter and accidental back touches do count.

That's true ! Fortunately I don't care about the stars in Escape Plan. Extra front or back gestures do affect the star rating.

JohngPR

So the deal didn't pop up on their register at this other Target but the manager said to honor the promotion anyway. To get it to work they ended up changing the pric of one of the games to .01. I like this Targets style! I'm assuming that YMMV since one Target didnt do the deal and one did.

I was hoping that they would have Virtua Tennis but it looks like most Targets are only carrying UMvsC3, HSG, Wipeout, FIFA. Uncharted, and NG Sigma.

Call of Duty coming to Vita? If the Vita is receives capable port by what the general public considers "High Quality" FPS, then the Vita could potentially beat the 3DS in the US. It'd be amusing if the regional sales of the PSV vs 3DS turn out like the 360 vs PS3.

not into speculation, but i do think if there's ever been a piece of gaming hardware that has the potential to generate lots of word-of-mouth, 'got to mess around with my friend's vita' type sales, it's this one...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
So the deal didn't pop up on their register at this other Target but the manager said to honor the promotion anyway. To get it to work they ended up changing the pric of one of the games to .01. I like this Targets style! I'm assuming that YMMV since one Target didnt do the deal and one did.

I was hoping that they would have Virtua Tennis but it looks like most Targets are only carrying UMvsC3, HSG, Wipeout, FIFA. Uncharted, and NG Sigma.

You can totally taken advantage and return both full priced games for a refund. Depends what your ethics are but that override can let you do that since the system is suppose to make each game 33% of total price

Now I am really excited getting the Vita, as per joystiq, COD is confirmed for fall.

Link

Got a feeling this years E3 is going to be huge for annoucements for the Vita. Hopefully NHL comes out for it.

Glad I pre-ordered at Future Shop. Can't wait for Wednesday.

Fortunately I have no interest in Escape Plan, but I am happy to say that Lumines rewards you for accidentally touching the back-touch. That's fine by me.

Cloudy

Banned
The TRU deal is the best one out there. Just got 2 copies of Uncharted for $40 and a $20 gv. One is going on eBay tonight lol. You can't beat $10 for UC. :p

JohngPR

You can totally taken advantage and return both full priced games for a refund. Depends what your ethics are but that override can let you do that since the system is suppose to make each game 33% of total price

It crossed my mind but they were nice enough to do the deal for me anyway, I don't want to dick them over or get someone in trouble.

I ordered it, but the final page to confirm showed Wipeout instead, but the email I got has a picture of the 32gig card packaging. We'll see.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
It's gone. I hesitated because of the wipeout pic. Will be kicking myself if it's real but no biggie, I would go retail anyway with my games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom