• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IllumiNate

Sony gave Amazon.ca the go ahead to build hype, free advertising. It's also cause there throwing us a bone because of the lack of 3G in Canada

Sony gave Amazon.ca the go ahead to build hype, free advertising. It's also cause there throwing us a bone because of the lack of 3G in Canada

You think they would allow all retailers to release the FEB first in that case. You know, it being the "First Edition" and all.

legbone

i've said it before and i'll say it again. lucky ass canucks. first ya gotta flaunt your socialized medicine and now you get your vitas before my first edition bundle which is now just a bundle. hope us amazon just releases too. guarantee they won't though. gamestop would have a hissy.

frequency

At one point I thought I was paying $30 for Wipeout and HSG and $40 for Uncharted. Now I kind of don't want to buy any of these games for $10 more.

Stupid Sony.

I don't mind paying $40 for games. I don't want to pay $50 for Uncharted though.
And I don't want to pay $40 when the game was available for $25 just a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm being punished.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Congrats to Canada-GAF getting their Vita's shipped out early!

I'm in the US, and I'd probably be jealous, but I don't get paid until the 15th, anyway, so it's not like I could have taken advantage of any early release/street date breaks.

I'll be waiting until the 22nd! But the fact that it's finally so close is getting me super excited now! I remember when the Vita was first announced, and that $250-$300 price sounded like music to my ears, but the wait was so far away!

Less than 2 weeks, and it will be in my hands! I've gone without a portable gaming device for a long time, and my smartphone just was not scratching that itch. My PSP suffers from a busted battery, and I can't take it anywhere with me, so it's been collecting dust. The 3DS did nothing for me software wise, so all my attention has been focused on the Vita. I have 2 hours a day to kill going to and from work on the bus, so this will be perfect for me, and sometimes I like to curl up in bed and game, without having to stare at my big screen, or hunt for controllers and remote controls.

I'm going physical with my Vita, with digital support for titles that are only available that way (ie, Super Stardust Delta, Motorstorm RC, Escape Plan, etc). I'll also be able to catch up on a lot of the PSP games I missed since my PSP was out of commission (sure, I could just plug it into the wall and play, but not being able to take it with me really soured me on buying more games for it). The 8gig card will be perfect for me for the first few months of owning the system, and then, when memory card prices drop, I'll get a bigger one. It's going to be an exciting few days on GAF reading people's reactions to getting their units.

Just remember: POST SCREENS IN THE SCREEN CAP THREAD!! Nobody ever seems to post in that thing, sadly...

btkadams

does anyone know ebgames' return policy on accessories like the memory cards? i have a 32gb card from costco that i ordered and it probably won't be here for like 2 weeks. would i be able to return costco's memory card (still in package) to ebgames that much later? or is it a week long like the games?

Djin1979

Canadian gaf, did u get your vita with your games/memory card or just the VITA ?

I dunno if I should order the vita via Amazon.ca with games and all, or just the system, it would be so frustrating to have this baby without anything.

Misterhbk

does anyone know ebgames' return policy on accessories like the memory cards? i have a 32gb card from costco that i ordered and it probably won't be here for like 2 weeks. would i be able to return costco's memory card (still in package) to ebgames that much later? or is it a week long like the games?

I think unopened products can be returned up to 30 days after purchase

IllumiNate

It's 2 weeks, just like the games.

UberTag

Canadian gaf, did u get your vita with your games/memory card or just the VITA ?

I dunno if I should order the vita via Amazon.ca with games and all, or just the system, it would be so frustrating to have this baby without anything.
As far as I can tell Amazon.ca isn't shipping out anything Vita right now apart from the Wi-Fi systems.
You'll need to raid EB Games for other goodies.

btkadams

people should not be jealous of canadians. i'm actually really mad the vita has taken decades to ship to me.

WAFju.png

Cloudy

Banned
I can't understand why anyone would buy the wifi only pack with an 8gb card cost $30. Even if you want a bigger card, sell it on eBay and have a system with higher resale value in the future. :p

I'm planning on getting one retail game and 2 PSN, Super Stardust and Escape Plan sound really great. I hope we will soon get other PSN titles for Vita, the window after launch doesn't seem to have many games.

Wazzim

Banned
I can't understand why anyone would buy the wifi only pack with an 8gb card cost $30. Even if you want a bigger card, sell it on eBay and have a system with higher resale value in the future. :p

WiFi only with €35 8gb card here, fucking retailers here have never heard of deals. Sad panda.

Ken

Decided to go from the FEB to a Wifi Vita, an 8 GB card, a case, and HSG. Saves me $40; I guess I can wait out the extra week with Reckoning (or school).

madp

The Light of El Cantare
It's time to finalize my launch purchase plans, so I'm trying to decide on one more game on top of what I'm already getting (HSG and Gravity Rush whenever that's out.) Are there any sites that have detailed impressions of Dynasty Warriors Next? I'm having difficulty finding any. I want it, but I also want to make sure that it's not just DW7 downgraded to fit on a Vita cartridge with touch elements. As a Warriors fan I have a high tolerance for rehash, but not that high. If I end up not getting that I'll probably just go with Shinobido or possibly Blazblue.

IllumiNate

Please people restrain yourselves from paying $50 for Uncharted, Your doing us all a disservice. If this game sells amazing at that price then we can pretty much be guaranteed more games will follow suite. Just asking nicely, not telling anyone how to spend there funds, hehehehe

Jeff-DSA

Please people restrain yourselves from paying $50 for Uncharted, Your doing us all a disservice. If this game sells amazing at that price then we can pretty much be guaranteed more games will follow suite. Just asking nicely, not telling anyone how to spend there funds, hehehehe

I'd be in at $40, but at $50, Sony can keep it. So far I have WipEout and Little Deviants, but am looking at possibly Hot Shots Golf at launch.

GQman2121

Banned
Over/under: At the amount of time the PSN price stays higher than $45 permanently?

I say over until e3.

Digishine

Banned

$50 ?

iFAXVeKKkuwXN.png

about €32 Or $42

Grisby

Played with the Vita at the my GS that finally got one. Immediately went to the counter and put 50 down. That screen looks amazing.

Did it surprise anyone else how light it feels though?

aknbad30

Banned

Don't worry. It has bomba written all over it at that price.

But you are.

Don't worry mate, I'll renting a copy from Gamefly. Then I'll "keep it" for a used price that I guess will be $41.99 and I'll throw my $5.00 off coupon on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom