• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

*Splinter

You mean like those 10 April games like Statik and Syndrome? Or those 5 confirmed May games like Farpoint, Persistence and Star Trek Bridge Crew? The situation is grim indeed...
I'm sorry, are you telling me I'm wrong to not be interested in most of those games? Or to be disappointed with the amount/quality of games released for PSVR this year?

Gnog looks interesting but I'm worried about how much content is in there. Farpoint is probably good although I'm not sure about buying an extra controller for it. Syndrome looks "better than nothing", which isn't usually listed as a positive but that's about where I am with PSVR at the moment.

And my biggest complaint is the lack of VR support in games that are obvious fits. Wipeout being the main offender. GT being only partially supported is also a disappointment compared to what I would hope for / expect. If Capcom can make a first person game work (at the risk of their biggest franchise) there is no excuse for any racing game, especially ones published by Sony.

KORNdoggy

but full games is what people that bought this thing want.

speak for yourself.

i actually want more games like thumper, bound and rush of blood. games you can jump into quickly and have a blast with or without friends. i actually DON'T want games like Resi7, as great as it was, to cut yourself off from everything for long periods just doesn't do the platform any favors imo. and these "real" games require you to invest in sensory deprivation.

give me a VR lumines or a VR timecrisis. something short and sweet.

IaN_GAF

Bought How We Soar and Wayward Sky, sat down to try them out and somehow, somewhere four hours of my evening just straight up disappeared. I absolutely adore both games.

bosh

StarBlood Arena has been very vocal over on Reddit with updates and what they are working on:

Hey folks!

There's a ton of chatter going on here and as Matt posted earlier, we're listening to ALL your feedback. We apologize for how long it's taken to update you; we wanted to make sure that we understood the problem and that we could give you good information.

I want to address some of the major things here, but before that, I want to make something clear: StarBlood Arena is a passion project from both WhiteMoon Dreams and Sony. We have been crazy about the game since we dreamed it up in mid-2014 and we are still crazy about it now. You can love it, hate it, not care about it, whatever, but regardless of what you feel about the game, we're taking every last piece of feedback we get into consideration and we are moving this forward aggressively. We will be supporting the game and all of you moving forward.

We are already working on the next patch and the patch after that. Along with that, we're starting to plan the patches that come after that. We are sticking with StarBlood. Our teams are up nearly round-the-clock watching/working on servers, working on patches and supporting the different regions.

**Multiplayer Matchmaking**: The reason why you haven’t heard from us regarding matchmaking is because we’re in constant discussion on the various issues related to matchmaking, some server related, some region related, some player related, etc. However, both us and Sony are working together to address this in a number of different ways that will be rolling out over the next several patches. Right now, all our solutions are strictly server/backend side, so no one has to worry about doing any sort of updating, but we’re pulling all our teams together to make sure you guys can find games, and on top of that, we've got community events and tournaments in the making. Rest assured, matchmaking is being handled.

**Demo**: We are very excited about doing a demo; it's a high priority for us, but supporting the full release has to be our highest priority at the moment. The same team that builds the game has to build the demo. I've gotten a number of PM's that tell me it's as simple as locking stuff out; if it were that simple, believe me, we would knock it out, get approval from Sony and call it a day. It doesn't work like that. All you folks who are waiting on a demo before you buy, we totally understand and back you on that. We'll kick out a demo as soon as we can.

**HOTAS Sucks!**: We are reading every comment and working on fixes and updates for it right now. There will be changes in the next patch and we'll keep iterating on this to get it right.

Finally, there's a lot of concern about what happened with RIGS happening to StarBlood. Hearing about RIGS made us very sad because it's such a badass game, but I'll tell you right now that right at this moment, I'm sitting in Sony San Diego with our our team here and we are planning the future of StarBlood. It looks really tasty and we hope that you will be a part of it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/comments/652r5n/starblood_arena_update_madness/

Great job with communication and making things happen.

KORNdoggy

I am thinking Sony will add in optional VR mode to their AAA titles similar to Ace Combat 7, RE7 etc. Not full blown AAA VR material, but its a low risk job to help people ease in into PSVR.

Also they have funded some VR titles in China too and releasing globally.

https://www.playstation.com.cn/chinaheroproject/hero.html

i don't really get the argument about lack of support from sony either way. it's been out around 6 months. it has rigs, playstation VR worlds, driveclub, starblood, rush of blood, here they lie with GT sport and farpoint on the horizon...that's just the sony published exclusives, that's not counting things like dirt rally, eagle flight, robinson, battlezone, EVE, resi7 and ace combat etc.

the switch has less first party support for it entire first year and people are raving about it's first party release schedule. how people can say this hasn't has sony support is beyond me... and we haven't even reached E3 yet. lol

How is EVE Valkyrie? Is it multiplayer focused?

it's pretty much multiplayer ONLY. it's good, but limited. if you can get it cheap go for it.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
i don't really get the argument about lack of support from sony either way. it's been out around 6 months. it has rigs, playstation VR worlds, driveclub, starblood, rush of blood, here they lie

The problem there is half of the studios that produced that great launch content won't be going on to produce sequels or future products.

That's a big problem.

MattAces

If anybody is still trying to be hopeful for "full AAA game" experience on PSVR, I would advise you to bail out now.
As much as the mentality of "wait for E3" is being spread around (even in the Switch reddit and threads), I wouldn't do that if I'm not interested in any of the upcoming indie games. I will always expect the list of games in the front page is more or less the total amount of life span for this first generation of hardware will get.

For me, I really enjoy these indie stuff and sometimes titles thrown by Sony. I'm really excited for Aim controller and The Persistence so I never really had a second thought of selling it anytime soon.
Kind of off topic but my Switch is pretty much suffering a similar experience here and for me it's in a worse situation compared to PSVR. PSVR launched 6 months ago with 100+ titles in store, granted that a lot of them are short experiences, still a wide variety of apps and games. Everytime I look at Switch eShop, it's just depressing. As an owner of PC, PS4, PSVR, Wii U, Vita, 3DS and Switch, it is a painful launch window for me. After watching the direct yesterday, I went from, "haha switch has no games" to "oh god, switch is getting games like these...". After finishing Snipperclips, Zelda and rebuying Shovel Knight on my Switch, I can honestly say there won't be anything for me until Mario Odyssey. And because of this, I had to buy Mario Kart 8 and reconsider maybe Splatoon 2. People keep saying "wait for E3", so we'll see. That being said, similar to my PSVR purchase, I never regretted my Switch preorder because I'm a big fan of Mario, Monster Hunter and Pokemon games.

KORNdoggy

The problem there is half of the studios that produced that great launch content won't be going on to produce sequels or future products.

That's a big problem.

why is it? people incessantly complain about the industry being a sequel-fest, and yet now we need more of them? VR needs fresh content catered to VR. not getting a driveclub VR sequel isn't a sign of the end times. lol

*Splinter

the switch has less first party support for it entire first year and people are raving about it's first party release schedule. how people can say this hasn't has sony support is beyond me... and we haven't even reached E3 yet. lol
To be fair I wouldn't be satisfied with the Switch lineup either, but then I didn't buy a switch :p (for that exact reason, in fact)

iratA

I think most of us who own the headset and some of the best titles available up to this point are happy with our hardware and software purchases. More than happy actually. But its baffling that Sony hasn't even tried to trojan horse the device by adding in cool extra "VR modes" into some of their most popular franchises.

Which hardcore Sony fan wouldn't want to spend a bit of time INSIDE the lush worlds of Horizon or Uncharted? How about an adrenaline pumping jaunt through a level in God Of War or Killzone? There's so much potential here, both in helping PSVR adoption/sales plus getting their First Party Teams ready (feet wet) for the 'VR Future TM' we can all see coming.

On the plus side some of the Indies look to be gaining a nice share of this market segment and there have been some decent to excellent smaller VR titles already. I've personally been spending way more money on VR stuff digitally than I thought I would have up to this point.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I love VR, but this PSVR is still killing my head when I play for more than 30 min. I have a bigger than the average head.

Anyone have any solutions?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
why is it? people incessantly complain about the industry being a sequel-fest, and yet now we need more of them? VR needs fresh content catered to VR. not getting a driveclub VR sequel isn't a sign of the end times. lol

Taking a studios expertise and then going on to make an even better second VR project makes more sense than scrapping them and hoping entirely new ones are gonna tech up and crack it from the get go.

Sony Cambridge or Sony London's 2nd VR projects could have been bigger more impressive products but Sony saw fit to call time on them. As I said, now what impetus is there for other Sony studios to make great VR specific content when it comes as a death sentence?

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
i don't really get the argument about lack of support from sony either way. it's been out around 6 months. it has rigs, playstation VR worlds, driveclub, starblood, rush of blood, here they lie with GT sport and farpoint on the horizon...that's just the sony published exclusives, that's not counting things like dirt rally, eagle flight, robinson, battlezone, EVE, resi7 and ace combat etc.

it's pretty much multiplayer ONLY. it's good, but limited. if you can get it cheap go for it.

Because they don't have the AAA console branding. Mainstream gamers are unfamiliar with Robinson or Eagle Flight. They are looking for Bioshock VR, Call of Duty VR, Battlefield VR, Borderland VR, Titanfall VR etc.in full fledge VR manner. This means hours of gameplay on par with the console version, and also not a console title with some extra VR content (like that Tomb Raider VR mission thing)

Just doing a quick look on wiki the first 6 months of releases for the PS4 and first 6 months of releases for the PSVR appear to be about equal with some markets seeing slightly higher amount of released games in favour of PSVR.

iratA

I am sure there are quite a few studios out there who could pull off the "Full game playable in VR" mode, along side their standard mode, ala Resident Evil 7. Given the opportunity I would happily play the VR mode over a flat screen mode. From a business stand point it can also be a point of competitive and conversational difference in the modern crowded marketplace. The Lets Plays on Youtube for Resi. 7 VR alone would of helped it garner a wider audience.

I'm sure Tekken's VR mode will surprise many.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You mean like those 10 April games like Statik and Syndrome? Or those 5 confirmed May games like Farpoint, Persistence and Star Trek Bridge Crew? The situation is grim indeed...

I just bought Psychonauts VR. Looking towards Statik, Farpoint, and Persistence in the next 2 months.

That could be 4 VR games in 60 days. If so, they'll be a great 2 month release window for me. VR is doing well imho, but Sony does need to do a better job "DISPLAYING" these upcoming games.

majik13

Switch had the huge benefit of launching with a massive AAA 100+ hr Killer App though, and some of those other 1st party releases are amazing games as well. Its basically quality over quantity. Also lets be fair, Switch has received a lot of flak for its amount of available, games.

Not to say that both platforms cant have vastly improved releases schedules.

Im really hoping that DREAMS is turning into a VR killer app

ArtHands

I am sure there are quite a few studios out there who could pull off the "Full game playable in VR" mode, along side their standard mode, ala Resident Evil 7. Given the opportunity I would happily play the VR mode over a flat screen mode. From a business stand point it can also be a point of competitive and conversational difference in the modern crowded marketplace. The Lets Plays on Youtube for Resi. 7 VR alone would of helped it garner a wider audience.

I'm sure Tekken's VR mode will surprise many.

I think Tekken VR mode is just some character gallery thing where you can just view those characters in VR, that's all.

I got the greenlight to announce here that a new game is coming to Playstation VR platform.

The title is "Virtually Impossible", a casual party indie title that feature multiplayer challenges. on the HTC Vive (releasing today there), it will have local multiplayer feature of up to 4 players (hot seat) and online for up to 4 headsets, so I believe this will be the case for the PSVR version too. No date for the PSVR version yet

Here's a trailer and Steam page (it doesn't say PSVR on the trailer but I am told of this via email)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx5E03BnSwU
http://store.steampowered.com/app/621780/

Looks stupid as hell, I love it!

I agree, Sony needs to put at least ONE of their First Party Studios on to a big VR project. RIGS is a great start but not nearly enough to show the full potential of VR.

Luckily for you they have 3 First Parties working on PSVR.

London, Manchester and Japan Studios

Edit: dp sorry

Gitaroo

I think Sony should look at PSVR as it own platform and start a new life on PC. Otherwise this thing is dead in the water in 1 year.

MattAces

Luckily for you they have 3 First Parties working on PSVR.

London, Manchester and Japan Studios

Edit: dp sorry

FireSprite is also kind of a second party. Persistence is an exclusive.

I think Sony should look at PSVR as it own platform and start a new life on PC. Otherwise this thing is dead in the water in 1 year.

It is doing well for them for 6 months with a lot of promising content coming. So you are suggesting somehow 6 months later it will be dead? Unless the entire Sony VR department is assassinated, I'd say they're fine.

valeu

Man, I'm really looking forward to Statik. Looks so cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d76izN32YSE&feature=youtu.be

Developer: Tarsier Studios
Publisher: Sony
Release Date: April 24, 2017 (WW)
Price: £16/$20

Let's start with the most impressive. Statik, created by Swedish indie Tarsier Studios, is described as "a VR game about solving puzzles in a place you don't know, with a person you don't recognize, and hands that aren’t completely yours," which is about as succinct an elevator pitch as you can get for a game that defies description.

Statik solves the classic problems of restricted movement and suspension of disbelief by using the limitations of VR to its advantage. In each puzzle you awake on a chair, in front of a scientist with a pixellated face that periodically offers words of self-deprecating British encouragement. It emerges that you're undergoing a test, although quite what the results will be used for, or indeed why you're being tested in the first place, remain pleasingly nebulous. The focus is on the task in front of you: namely, fiddling with a madcap contraption that completely encapsulates your hands.

Statik is played with a DualShock controller, rather than PlayStation Move, which cleverly plays on the idea that by donning a VR headset you can't see your hands. This restriction of the real world reflected in the virtual world, as well as a complete (and thoroughly intentional) lack of instruction, makes you feel utterly helpless when you first start playing. All you can do is look at the weird, whirring box and hammer away at buttons until something happens.

And something does indeed happen. Every button press, D-pad direction, and flick of the analogue stick makes the contraption do something. Your job is to make sense of the levers, screws, lights, and other such mechanical paraphernalia that hum around your hands, while trying to memorize exactly what each button does without getting into a finger-twisting mess. In an earlier, supposedly easier puzzle, the hands-trapping box contains a laser projector and a rack of circular slides that change the shape of what's projected.

After much fiddling, it becomes clear that your job is to match up the projected shapes with those on the cards in front of you. Except, without any guidance on how to operate the contraption, the game quickly turns into a battle between your brain, your fingers, and the on-screen animations.

A later level ups the ante, with a puzzle that requires dozens of different steps to solve. There's a tape that needs to be slid into a tape deck via a rack of moving cassettes, a pictorial puzzle that's solved by listening to audio cues on the tape, and a series of coloured lights that need to be flicked on and off in the right combination.

The solution to the puzzle is both a result of trial and error and some less than obvious environmental clues scattered around the level. Indeed, one of the clues is so perplexing that it's being tweaked for the final version of the game to make things that little bit easier. Even then, Statik will remain a real head-scratcher. Of the two puzzles I tried, the second took me around 20 minutes to solve, and even then I was only able to do so with the gentle prodding of a PR person.

But that's exactly what I want from a puzzle game—something that truly tries the intellect, yet remains logical enough for a solution to be truly satisfying. And if it can do so while being one of the most compelling examples of how to design a VR game yet, all the better."

https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/04/psvr-2017-games-statik-korix-persistence-starblood/

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I'm really disappointed , I found that many users complain about the blurry thing about psvr and that happened to me .why the hell I can't see the same as my tv show ? Its not what I expected, drive club is bad and blurry everywhere its not like what they show on YouTube and thats lying

I tried all possible calibration and still blurry , I know the res is not that wow on psvr but still we should see clearly

I'm really disappointed , I found that many users complain about the blurry thing about psvr and that happened to me .why the hell I can't see the same as my tv show ? Its not what I expected, drive club is bad and blurry everywhere its not like what they show on YouTube and thats lying

I tried all possible calibration and still blurry , I know the res is not that wow on psvr but still we should see clearly

Does your PSVR have plastic covers on the lenses?

Other than that, I would't call 720p resolution blurry. Especially with their recent PSVR update that improved cinema resolution.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Does your PSVR have plastic covers on the lenses?

Other than that, I would't call 720p resolution blurry. Especially with their recent PSVR update that improved cinema resolution.

No it doesn't , and I know that I should see the same what my tv show but nothing is real , yeah its amazing but still res blurry everywhere and I don't know whats wrong

No it doesn't , and I know that I should see the same what my tv show but nothing is real , yeah its amazing but still res blurry everywhere and I don't know whats wrong

That's really weird, did you try disconnecting everything from the processor box to the hdmi cable to see if its that?

Try to restart the PS4 and go from there.

Make sure your lenses are totally clean. They get greasy even when you never touch them. Use the included cloth to carefully clean the lenses. Get a lens pen if you want to actually get the lenses really clean.

Driveclub is not a pretty game. It looks ok, but is definitely not something to judge the whole system on. Try some of the games from the Demo Disc. A great one for good image quality is to try the Bound demo.

majik13

psvr has a pretty tight sweetspot for the lenses, meaning how you put the psvr on and where you line up your eyes to the lenses, really determines how sharp or how in focus the image will be. If the eyes arent centered to the lenses then 1 or both eyes can be really blurry. Try shifting the psvr up and down a little bit, even left or right, even sometimes a little rotation helps.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
I really try everything , still I don't get it
Should I see clearly as my tv show ? If yes then why I see blurry pic everywhere yes I can play with that but it must be clear as you experience

Man, I'm really looking forward to Statik. Looks so cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d76izN32YSE&feature=youtu.be

Developer: Tarsier Studios
Publisher: Sony
Release Date: April 24, 2017 (WW)
Price: £16/$20

Let's start with the most impressive. Statik, created by Swedish indie Tarsier Studios, is described as "a VR game about solving puzzles in a place you don't know, with a person you don't recognize, and hands that aren’t completely yours," which is about as succinct an elevator pitch as you can get for a game that defies description.

Statik solves the classic problems of restricted movement and suspension of disbelief by using the limitations of VR to its advantage. In each puzzle you awake on a chair, in front of a scientist with a pixellated face that periodically offers words of self-deprecating British encouragement. It emerges that you're undergoing a test, although quite what the results will be used for, or indeed why you're being tested in the first place, remain pleasingly nebulous. The focus is on the task in front of you: namely, fiddling with a madcap contraption that completely encapsulates your hands.

Statik is played with a DualShock controller, rather than PlayStation Move, which cleverly plays on the idea that by donning a VR headset you can't see your hands. This restriction of the real world reflected in the virtual world, as well as a complete (and thoroughly intentional) lack of instruction, makes you feel utterly helpless when you first start playing. All you can do is look at the weird, whirring box and hammer away at buttons until something happens.

And something does indeed happen. Every button press, D-pad direction, and flick of the analogue stick makes the contraption do something. Your job is to make sense of the levers, screws, lights, and other such mechanical paraphernalia that hum around your hands, while trying to memorize exactly what each button does without getting into a finger-twisting mess. In an earlier, supposedly easier puzzle, the hands-trapping box contains a laser projector and a rack of circular slides that change the shape of what's projected.

After much fiddling, it becomes clear that your job is to match up the projected shapes with those on the cards in front of you. Except, without any guidance on how to operate the contraption, the game quickly turns into a battle between your brain, your fingers, and the on-screen animations.

A later level ups the ante, with a puzzle that requires dozens of different steps to solve. There's a tape that needs to be slid into a tape deck via a rack of moving cassettes, a pictorial puzzle that's solved by listening to audio cues on the tape, and a series of coloured lights that need to be flicked on and off in the right combination.

The solution to the puzzle is both a result of trial and error and some less than obvious environmental clues scattered around the level. Indeed, one of the clues is so perplexing that it's being tweaked for the final version of the game to make things that little bit easier. Even then, Statik will remain a real head-scratcher. Of the two puzzles I tried, the second took me around 20 minutes to solve, and even then I was only able to do so with the gentle prodding of a PR person.

But that's exactly what I want from a puzzle game—something that truly tries the intellect, yet remains logical enough for a solution to be truly satisfying. And if it can do so while being one of the most compelling examples of how to design a VR game yet, all the better."

https://arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2017/04/psvr-2017-games-statik-korix-persistence-starblood/

This looks super super cool; didn't realize that Tarsier was working on a VR game! I'll definitely have to get it

Glix

I really try everything , still I don't get it
Should I see clearly as my tv show ? If yes then why I see blurry pic everywhere yes I can play with that but it must be clear as you experience

No its not going to be as clear as your tv but it should be pretty sharp, especially on a pro.

try and get it so that the front of the visor is running straight up and down, not at an angle. Slide it in towards your face.

Get to a screen with text.

Move the visor up and down by adjusting the BACK of it. Find the sweet spot when the text isn't warping and you should be good to go.

Retro_Stew

This is surprisingly well done. If not for the quick cuts I would feel like I was in Japan.

You can paste the link into the downloader at clipconverter.cc and choose the resolution you want to download it at there. The 8k version is like 15GB though. Then you'll have to rename it adding: _360_ou to the title. I don't know if it will work in Media Player so your best bet is to add it to a flash drive and watch it in your Littlstar library. I'm not even sure 8k video is within their parameters. The 4k version works fine though.

Word! I'm gonna get on that then. Thanks!

Thanks pal!! It worked like a charm. Really impressive stuff.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
No its not going to be as clear as your tv but it should be pretty sharp, especially on a pro.

try and get it so that the front of the visor is running straight up and down, not at an angle. Slide it in towards your face.

Get to a screen with text.

Move the visor up and down by adjusting the BACK of it. Find the sweet spot when the text isn't warping and you should be good to go.

I have pro and that makes it weird , when I put the vr it sounds like I'm playing on 480p specially on driveclub other games its good but still something wrong with it

I tried everything you said but I don't know what's the problem with it

I have pro and that makes it weird , when I put the vr it sounds like I'm playing on 480p specially on driveclub other games its good but still something wrong with it

Have you set up your eye distance in the settings?

Driveclub is one of the blurrier games but primarily when looking in the distance, up close such as the steering wheel was always good for me. I'd say it was very similar to playing DC on a 720p tv.

This doesnt sound right. It may be your eyes or something because while it looks more blurry than the TV, it isnt so blurry that I could mistake it for 480p or anything. It gets blurry towards the edges of your vision, so you need to turn your head and not your eyes to look at things. AND you have a pro, and I'm on OG? Nah you may need a new headset or mess with the settings because that doesnt make any sense

Hope that helps because I just played 4 hours of Werewolves Within last night and even in that simple game it looks good.

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Have you set up your eye distance in the settings?

Driveclub is one of the blurrier games but primarily when looking in the distance, up close such as the steering wheel was always good for me. I'd say it was very similar to playing DC on a 720p tv.

I did that and still nothing changed

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
This doesnt sound right. It may be your eyes or something because while it looks more blurry than the TV, it isnt so blurry that I could mistake it for 480p or anything. It gets blurry towards the edges of your vision, so you need to turn your head and not your eyes to look at things. AND you have a pro, and I'm on OG? Nah you may need a new headset or mess with the settings because that doesnt make any sense

Hope that helps because I just played 4 hours of Werewolves Within last night and even in that simple game it looks good.

I think I will return it back and ask for replacement , at the mean time can you give me a game that looks sharp and good so I can try it and see if I experience the same you are

Mervils for $15, worth it?

It looks kind of half assed and yet, I could see myself having fun with it running around and just exploring. I find it kind of reminiscent of Mario 64, as far as simple but varied colorful worlds. I doubt the game play is as tight though.

Ive like most everything I've played so far on vr, recently completed rush of blood and re7 which were both fantastic. Im interested in the Brookhaven experiment, but Mervils seems like a decent change of pace.

Any word from those that have played it?

ArtHands

What? My info was a little old, but I heard there were battles that took place right in front of you?

What I mean is you won't be playing the game in first person from the character's perspective. The 'gallery mode' thing is what I guess from reading what they have hinted. I can't say I know exactly what they mean.
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/tekken-7-virtual-reality
"I think people just assume 'Oh Tekken is a head to head game, and it's going to be in VR so you'll just punch each other like Punch Out or something'," Murray continues. "I think that's where the misconception comes in. We're not going to do that. It doesn't lend itself to a fighting game well, so we want to find something that isn't that but still pleases fans. [Tekken senior producer] Katsuhiro Harada always illustrates it as, if someone's right in your face, punching, it's very jarring and disorienting, not that fun experience you want."

As for what players can expect, Murray offered that "The only hints we could probably give is that Tekken is ultimately all about the characters. You want to see the cool characters, the cute female characters like Lucky Chloe, and we have all kinds of customisation for them and they have all these cool techniques that are motion captured.... something that would allow people to enjoy the game in that aspect maybe is about all we can say."

Grinchy

Banned
Hmm, itching for a new VR experience and I've got $40.

Starblood or Robinson?

I don't have Starblood yet, but I'm going to vote for that one very strongly.

Robinson is incredibly boring and can barely be classified as a game. It's very pretty, but that's it.

Top Bottom