• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Just recently got back into DriveClub VR, now that I updated my Thrustmaster T150. I have been playing the game with old firmware all this time. GT SPORT made me check for an update and yooo!!! I'm there. I was playing the game at 900degree angle, now since the update 1080degree angle and it handles a lot better. I forgot how in VR how the cockpit moves and you can feel the road under you the dips ect... great feeling and the handling makes it that much better.
The game told you you needed a firmware update for your wheel?! That's pretty cool. If I didn't get a message I guess I'm ok then (I have the T600RS and I don't think I've ever updated it.)

BenAddict

Neo Member
Yes. The positional sound is absolutely awful in this game and it's hard to tell where you're being shot at from. >:/

Yes. Its so bad that it actually hurts the gameplay. Very strange. The graphics are quite nice on the other hand. They should get a new audio programmer and designer... :D

On VR Invaders:
After playing a bit more, I really can NOT recommend this game. Especially at this price. The gameplay is ok, even though very repetitive, but it baffles my mind that there is no pause menu at all. There is actually no way to get to the main menu other then to die...
If this is supposed to be like that, because its an arcade game, I don't care. Its just stupid.

Citizen K

is there any ps vr simulation where you explore space and stuff like that, something that is more an experience than a game (not shooting etc). my dad would love something like that

is there any ps vr simulation where you explore space and stuff like that, something that is more an experience than a game (not shooting etc). my dad would love something like that

Apollo 11 VR Experience comes to mind, maybe Space Rift but it has some mining/shooting moments. Either that or a 360 degree youtube video of space.

The game told you you needed a firmware update for your wheel?! That's pretty cool. If I didn't get a message I guess I'm ok then (I have the T600RS and I don't think I've ever updated it.)

No GT Sport didn't make me look for firmware, the getting into the beta reminded me to check for an update. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't own PSVR but why is no one, ESPECIALLY SONY, not talking about Starblood?

First off, there are so many great games to play right now it's going to take a lot to pull me away from them. Also I was underwhelmed by what I have seen of Starblood, both in promos and streams. I have RIGS/Eve and those seem to scratch that itch (And be better games from what I have seen). With that in mind, the $40 price takes it out of "Why not" range for me. If it were $20 I may give it a run.

iratA

Just bought Mortal Blitz. Easily one of the most polished game apart from the initial control syncing problem.
Graphic looks really sharp and clean, the roomscale aspect is also very stable. Almost no wobbly problem and you really need to duck, hide to shoot enemies. Much more polished and better graphics compared to the demo. Even the move controller doesn't drift/shake.
Straight up Time Crisis in corridors.

Can Mortal Blitz be played sitting on a couch? (just ducking or swaying with your head maybe?)

Also I hope the same is true for Farpoint, I really don't want to have to stand to play it.

MattAces

Can Mortal Blitz be played sitting on a couch? (just ducking or swaying with your head maybe?)

Also I hope the same is true for Farpoint, I really don't want to have to stand to play it.
Yes, but it won't be as immersive. The game guide does show sitting animation though.

bumpkin

How is drift and Move jittering these days?

Was it already corrected with firmware updates?
I don't know if it's a software-level thing or me unknowingly looking to one side, but I still get drifting, especially in Pinball FX2 VR.

Grinchy

Banned
How is drift and Move jittering these days?

Was it already corrected with firmware updates?

It was massively improved by a recent firmware update. I have done a ton of complaining about the crappy tracking from PSVR and I was impressed by how much it had improved.

That's not to say it is perfect, but this is how the tracking should have been when it launched.

I'm so close to just getting this and Resi 7.

giphy.gif

Chris_C

I don't own PSVR but why is no one, ESPECIALLY SONY, not talking about Starblood?

Bought it on a whim. It's well made, good gameplay and does an admirable job of sidestepping issues with nausea ndespite the fast-paced 6DOF gameplay.

That said, I really feel there's no need for this to be a VR game, and that it doesn't play to the medium's strengths. A game like Scavenger's Odyssey is slow paced enough that you get a real sense of the space and presence. In Starblood, the action is so fast-paced that you don't get that. You don't have time to soak in the atmosphere, and the environments are so abstract (intentionally, to combat nausea) that you never get a sense of the environment, because it doesn't matter. You're just zooming around randomly blasting anything that creeps into your peripheral vision.

It feels like the game would have been better served if it was a bit morre fleshed out and released as a non-VR free to play game.

valeu

I have two more crystals to get in Windlands. I finally figured out an important move - the slingshot move: if you're grappled onto the underside of a bush and hold circle while pulling the stick backwards, it extends the rope like you're pulling back on a slingshot, and when you let go you fling forward fast and high in the direction you want to go. It's never really explained, but it will get you to seemingly impossible places. This is one of the best platformers I've ever played. It's almost like a puzzle, trying to figure out how to get to where you want to go.

Kyolux

Sounds incredible. I didn't even know about the game until now, but I think it made my must-buy list.

Speaking of which, my local Target had copies of Loading Human on clearance for $12. How is it? How long does it take to finish?

3-5 hours, but not really worth the investment. I doubt chapter 2 will see the light of day.

bumpkin

have this preordered (it's 4€ cheaper with ps+) already, can´t wait till it´s out.
No preorder is available in the US from what I can see. Hopefully maybe they offer the discount to people for the first few weeks like Secret Sorcery did with Tethered.

TheBear

Since RE7 & Dirt Rally I haven't really found any compelling reasons to play, but as there's a decent sale on I was thinking about picking up Job Simulator, Harmonix Music and Eagle Flight to show my mates.

The tracking in the JS Demo was terrible, has it improved? What about the other games, are they fun for beginners? I'm wary to show off stuff that can induce nausea, I made the mistake of putting a mate into RE7 with comfort aids off and that didn't end well :(

Also VR Invaders looks exactly like Space Pirate Trainer, does it compare at all game play wise? It was fun on Vive but got old fairly quickly

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Since RE7 & Dirt Rally I haven't really found any compelling reasons to play, but as there's a decent sale on I was thinking about picking up Job Simulator, Harmonix Music and Eagle Flight to show my mates.

The tracking in the JS Demo was terrible, has it improved? What about the other games, are they fun for beginners? I'm wary to show off stuff that can induce nausea, I made the mistake of putting a mate into RE7 with comfort aids off and that didn't end well :(

Also VR Invaders looks exactly like Space Pirate Trainer, does it compare at all game play wise? It was fun on Vive but got old fairly quickly

VR Invaders has been released on Vive since months ago.

kingkenny76

Can anyone help me with a psvr problem I'm having? I was on playroom all day yesterday with my kids and the headset was working perfect all day (it would blink the odd time but it lasted a second) but when I tried to use the headset this morning the image won't display on the headset even though all of the lights are on the headset and when I go into a vr game my TV goes black saying no HDMI signal.

I've tried unplugging everything but it didn't work.

After Farpoint what's the next big release for PSVR? I'm still on the fence about getting one, a few more decent games would help.

Finally grabbed EVE on sale the other night and I'm really enjoying it! There's a ton to do because of all the free updates and it seems like there's a decent amount of depth to the combat itself. Is there a GAF group for the game?

Can anyone help me with a psvr problem I'm having? I was on playroom all day yesterday with my kids and the headset was working perfect all day (it would blink the odd time but it lasted a second) but when I tried to use the headset this morning the image won't display on the headset even though all of the lights are on the headset and when I go into a vr game my TV goes black saying no HDMI signal.

I've tried unplugging everything but it didn't work.
PS4 OG or PS4 Pro?

kingkenny76

It sounds like you're experiencing the same HDCP issue pretty much everyone with PSVR and a PS4 Pro eventually has. Try this

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4Pro/com...urce=amp&utm_medium=comment_list&compact=true

Bad news is setting HDCP to off restricts audio/video service streaming and Bluray movie playback. You can turn it on and off between sessions though.

I can't believe Sony hasn't fixed this yet.

Thanks for your help but unfortunately it didn't work, any other ideas?

The headset powers on and all of the blue lights come on but the screen is completely dead.

I think I will have to return it, fuck sake I only got my pro back because it was fucked as well. Fucking Sony and their cheap shit really pissed off

Top Bottom