• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

I love my PS4. I don't feel the need to update to Pro since I'm not buying a 4k tv anytime soon. With that said, I couldn't care less for VR, either on PC or PS4. Way too little of a catalogue for me to care. I guess that I'd like to play RE7 and Batman, but that's it. I'll eventually get one from a friend that own a videogame store and play those, but so far, that's it.

You clearly have no idea what you speak of, Look at PSN and the catalogue for VR is already stacked.

Currently playing Farpoint with a friend in co-op, Simply unbeatable immersion when done right VR is.

On a side note didn't get chance to play Bravo team so hopefully that also turns out to be a decent co-op experience.

Joystick

Another cooking game baby!
ChefU VR will be coming to PSVR in about a month.
https://twitter.com/lockemreality/status/911410913172799490

Nice! It popped on my radar a couple of days ago but I saw that it was just for Vive (and Rift?). PS VR is good news. I wonder why they didn't mention that in the press that has been going around.

HOLY SHIT I just tried Bound: Shattered Kingdom
How did they do that? It's mind blowing.
The graphic is perfect. This might be the sharpest most beautiful game yet.

Agreed. It's a surreal world, filled with both large objects and small details. Plastic have produced a few quirky games but they always push the hardware. Bound is certainly memorable. One of the devs, irkutsk12, has posted in the original thread a couple of times.

The numbers are perhaps open to interpretation, but 10 million PlayStation VR compatible games have now been sold.

http://www.sankei.com/smp/economy/news/170922/ecn1709220026-s1.html

Translation -

Wow, that's a great figure for less then a year! I'm not that surprised though, the amount of games and support the headset has had so far outstrips that of the vita, plus the excitement around psvr is much more palpable.

It's nice to see sony still being conservative, however it's hard to imagine they are probably not going to ramp up marketing and amended.for the headset, even more then they have.

Can we get a thread about those figures? Still a lot of fence sitters and doubters on gaf about vr and even psvr in general.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKb60-Sy8tw
Zone of the Ender PSVR gameplay.
God damn. I need one of those gyro chair.
CES-2017-Galaxy-VR-Studio_main_8_F.jpg

ffvorax

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKb60-Sy8tw
Zone of the Ender PSVR gameplay.
God damn. I need one of those gyro chair.

lol

I finally tried Rigs in the weekend but I did have to stop after the tutorial, didn't even got to the match... motion sickness... I need to find out if i just need some time or change some setting.

Also finished the main "story" of Super Hot VR.... really fantastic! I tried some challenges too, but these are quite hard... :O

iJack

Banned
You clearly have no idea what you speak of, Look at PSN and the catalogue for VR is already stacked.

Currently playing Farpoint with a friend in co-op, Simply unbeatable immersion when done right VR is.

On a side note didn't get chance to play Bravo team so hopefully that also turns out to be a decent co-op experience.

I'm talking Triple-A games like RE7. So far what I know about Batman VR is that it's great but it's short. I'm glad people are enjoying it, but I'll wait until we get at least some five to ten games like RE7 before I jump in.

I love my PS4. I don't feel the need to update to Pro since I'm not buying a 4k tv anytime soon. With that said, I couldn't care less for VR, either on PC or PS4. Way too little of a catalogue for me to care. I guess that I'd like to play RE7 and Batman, but that's it. I'll eventually get one from a friend that own a videogame store and play those, but so far, that's it.

Thanks for sharing? I really don't understand the point of coming in here to post that, but okay...

deadfolk

Finally got around to starting RE7. Haven't used VR for a while, so I decided to jump back in.

I cannot imagine this game without it. We need more like this. I'm really curious about how they will implement Fallout and Skyrim in VR now.

HOLY SHIT I just tried Bound: Shattered Kingdom
How did they do that? It's mind blowing.
The graphic is perfect. This might be the sharpest most beautiful game yet.
The moment the game begins, the graphic blew me away.
Sound and music is so damn good, the animation is perfect. I enjoy the game so much, this is such an underrated gem. So so good. This is shooting up in my list to be one of my favorite VR game yet.

I believe they are almost rendering close on 4K on the pro then downsampling. It's so sharp, up there with the Robot Rescue on the PlayRoom VR

Yesterday I was playing DriveClub VR and oh my god... it is a crime not to play with a wheel. On the other hand, absolutely no one was playing online :(

Yesterday I was playing DriveClub VR and oh my god... it is a crime not to play with a wheel. On the other hand, absolutely no one was playing online :(

Yeah community is dying sadly :( Would love it to be free like RIGS was next month. Hoping Sony might be looking to do that sort of thing where online community is paramount for a game. With VR already being a small subsection, giving online games free to help boost a community would be a good idea.

I'm talking Triple-A games like RE7. So far what I know about Batman VR is that it's great but it's short. I'm glad people are enjoying it, but I'll wait until we get at least some five to ten games like RE7 before I jump in.

AAA games are all well and good, But you do have full length games available.
Farpoint is full length and incredible, Also co-op
Arizone Sunshine is full length co-op campaign
Solus project is full length
Robinson the journey is full length
Rez
Archangel

Got The Inpaitent about to drop which is in the R7 category

Not to mention other games that easily are fun in VR, I'm amazed at the support it has in less than a year.

Multiplayer games in VR in general are pretty dead, i found it frustrating to even try as you have to just look at a blank screen in VR waiting for opponents.

All VR games should implement the fighting game style, looking for opponents in the background while you play singleplayer.

FDC1

Coming to Europe this week according to the official blog:

-Herocade
-Light Tracer
-Everest VR
-Chernobyl VR Project

gmoran

Yeah, full locomotion with Move. Hold down left controller [move] button to walk forwards. Hold down right controller [move] button and flick your hand left or right to turn in that direction.

I think that's a good paradigm for Move VR games to handle turning, though for combat games controlling turning with the left hand would be better (reversed for lefties). I'm hoping Skyrim implement something like this.

gmoran

GunHeart VR got their PSVR dev kit (15 days ago)
Looks like they opted in for the Aim controller too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gunheart/comments/6yyktf/we_got_our_psvr_dev_kit_today_let_the_aim/

So chuffed, Gunheart looks awesome, great style and a locomotion system that incorporates free movement and teleportation as a sort of super power. I thought Aim would be a great addition and the Reddit post conforms they are looking at it. I'm guessing we won't see anything for about a year, but will be great when it lands.

MattAces

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2017...or_and_pesky_produce_collide_in_shooty_fruity

Shooty Fruity
Unsurprisingly, this is a fun but derivative PlayStation VR game that will entertain in bursts but won't win any awards. As a supermarket clerk your job is to scan various everyday items and drop them in the packing bay, which would be easy if it wasn't for the mutated fruit that keeps coming at you.
As you scan items you'll earn points which unlocks weapons, allowing you to fend off the fleshy threat. It then becomes a frantic balancing act of how you want to use your hands: are you going to scan as quickly as possible with both hands – or keep a gun handy in your right palm? Maybe you should dual-wield?
The game's very good at putting you under intense pressure quickly, and performing all of the tasks asked of you is part of the fun. You'll have played games like this in virtual reality before – it's not massively dissimilar to Job Simulator really – but in combining existing ideas it delivers something fresh.

I'm so getting this. I played Dick Wilde way too much, need more colorful shooters.

ChouGoku

So im guessing Megaton Rainfall got delayed. No updates anywhere, and not on the ps updates page. I hope not but its so dissapointing, I have been waiting on this game for 2 years and it would be terrible to realize the game is delayed the day its supposed to come out.

ryseing

So im guessing Megaton Rainfall got delayed. No updates anywhere, and not on the ps updates page. I hope not but its so dissapointing, I have been waiting on this game for 2 years and it would be terrible to realize the game is delayed the day its supposed to come out.

I came to see if there was any discussion about this. The dev is one guy out of Brazil but a little communication would be nice, especially since there was a firm release date.

there are missions in sequence. each have different objectives. the graphics are great and it controls well. the scale is simple, i.e. the levels are compact. you are not shot at by enemies for quite a few missions in the beginning but things get harder. if you keep your expectation in check (it was made by 2 people i believe and started out as a cellphone game) you will have some fun with it

I've played the first half hour or so. It feels kind of a cross between EVE Valkyrie and COD Jackal Assault. Looks quite nice, with good backgrounds and explosions. Missions have been fairly simplistic so far, but it seemed to ramp up quite quickly on stage 5 (?) with a ton of enemies to combat. How it goes beyond that is hard to say until I get chance to put some more time in.

Some gameplay from the early part of the game here -
https://youtu.be/XoE0_LoCRho

Thanks for the impressions!

Price isn't too steep. Probably end up grabbing this later tonight.

TheMan

Has WarThunder not added PSVR compatibility yet?
this was discussed long before release and has been nearly a year since.

Yeahhhhh. Sounds like a project cars situation where the devs basically bit off more than they could chew. I wouldnt hold my breath for that one.

Speaking of flying games though, I thought we'd have ultrawings by now. Devs have been saying "soon!" for a while now.

majik13

What the hell? Where is that from?

I always wanted one of these:
https://youtu.be/S8gwdfBpgUI

that would be pretty insane, looks like it works pretty well too.

https://twitter.com/wildbitstudios/status/910491540333694977?s=09
CoolPaintr VR zoom tool, showing zooming and drawing.

I'm still very upset that the game only supports one Move.

weird really? The art work of the chick even shows here holding 2 moves. 1 to paint and 1 as a paint palette.

Briarios

Voltron unlocked for me, but sadly, I'm too tired to try it out. I'll post my impressions in the morning, in case anyone was on the fence about getting it.

ChouGoku

How is End Space especially compared to EVE Valkyrie visually?

On a Pro, technically speaking its worse. Visually speaking it seems more barebones than EVE. The explosions look cheaper, the ships dont look as cool breaking apart, and I have yet to do a mission that matches the scale of the EVE mission with the capital ships. However its still pretty sharp and the environments are very cool looking, it is very easy to get immersed and just looking around. It really nails that cold but beautiful space feel.

How is End Space especially compared to EVE Valkyrie visually?
Looks pretty good especially on the Pro. The backgrounds look flat compared to Eve but it’s still a pretty looking game on the Pro. What impresses me is the lighting in the game. The shadows the light makes in your cockpit look really nice in VR. I still think Eve Valkyrie looks better at the end of the day but End Space is a nice looking PSVR game.

thanks..i was thinking of it as i prefer a SP focused space game than Eve's MP focused..

is the shooting comparable to Eve's or more 'casual' like Star Wars/COD Jackal Assault?

jobrro

Some are claiming that Megaton Rainfall is listed as 26th Sept in the PSVR monthly newsletter.
I still doubt it's happening.

Hands on on the non VR mode from a couple days ago. Haven't seen much noise on this game recently so hopefully it does come out this week and it's ends up being pretty good.

Top Bottom