• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Does anyone notice the difference between games running at 60fps compared to those running at 90 or 120? The only times I've noticed anything are at the end of a race on DCVR you are stood at the side of the track whilst people drive past and you can see a ghost car behind the player car - the spiderman experience had a similar thing when the Vulture flies past you at close range.

More of a feeling than something I visually notice unlike 30fps vs 60fps. Certain games feel smoother to me, more solid, head tracking is nicer and a more pleasant experience overall. When I looked at the frame rates these games were running at in the vast majority of cases it was at 90fps+ on the Pro. I'm totally fine with 60fps and If it means getting the image quality of Bound and was on option I'd choose 60fps every time.

MattAces

So that RADtv VR party game thing might be coming to PSVR, they haven't announce any confirmed platform, but it was developed for Rift and planned for every major VR platform according to one of the dev. In their twitter, they did mention PSVR is planned.
https://twitter.com/RadTVGame/status/912752660658446339
https://www.roadtovr.com/rad-tv-looks-like-raddest-social-vr-party-game-ever/

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Zushin

Just ordered a pro and a psvr. Looking forward to jumping in! Got re7 and rush of blood coming. Any other cool single player VR experiences?

ffvorax

Looks like finally tomorrow I will have my Farpoint+gun from Amazon.it... it got back in stock after I ordered it in July! :D

Going to play it in the weekend!

MattAces

Just ordered a pro and a psvr. Looking forward to jumping in! Got re7 and rush of blood coming. Any other cool single player VR experiences?

All of em.

Make sure you got a pair of Move, and consider Aim if you have the extra cash. Farpoint, Thumper, Statik, Dick Wilde, SUPERHOT and all the free stuff, COD Jackal Assault, demos, experiences.
Start slow, don't jump straight into RE7. Go with some static wave shooter or experience. Games with locomotion will probably kill you early on with motion sickness.

Farpoint is amazing if you can get hold of the Aim controller as well

Polybius is good as is Wayward Sky/Statik and Thumper

Driving you could go with Dirt Rally and DRIVECLUB

ffvorax

Buy 2 moves to play Rush of Blood, do you a favor.

Consider to buy also:
- Super Hot VR
- Wayvard Sky
- Batman VR
- Playroom VR (it's free, get some friends to play it, it's super fun)
- Thumper (at least try the demo)

Zushin

All of em.

Make sure you got a pair of Move, and consider Aim if you have the extra cash. Farpoint, Thumper, Statik, Dick Wilde, SUPERHOT and all the free stuff, COD Jackal Assault, demos, experiences.
Start slow, don't jump straight into RE7. Go with some static wave shooter or experience. Games with locomotion will probably kill you early on with motion sickness.

Farpoint is amazing if you can get hold of the Aim controller as well

Polybius is good as is Wayward Sky/Statik and Thumper

Driving you could go with Dirt Rally and DRIVECLUB

Buy 2 moves to play Rush of Blood, do you a favor.

Consider to buy also:
- Super Hot VR
- Wayvard Sky
- Batman VR
- Playroom VR (it's free, get some friends to play it, it's super fun)
- Thumper (at least try the demo)

Thanks all. Yeah I got a twin pack of move controllers coming too. Should have mentioned that.

bumpkin

So I guess that Voltron VR thing came out today... I preordered it, but actually totally forgot it was coming out soon. Anyone given it a whirl yet? Is it any good?

MattAces

So I guess that Voltron VR thing came out today... I preordered it, but actually totally forgot it was coming out soon. Anyone given it a whirl yet? Is it any good?

Fans of voltron love it. Haven't heard anything particularly bad aside from it being a pretty short experience. Then again it's quite cheap.

Jetman

Alright, so I played through Voltron. It's what you would expect -- about a 45 minute to an hour long episode where you solve puzzles and pilot the blue lion in a limited fashion. Your enjoyment and satisfaction with the purchase will be completely dependent on how much you like the new Voltron series.

I happen to like it, and for the discounted pre-order price, I totally feel I got my money's worth out of it. If I'd gone to an arcade and someone said, hey -- you want to play an interactive VR Voltron episode for $12? I would have definitely said yes -- so, owning it at home is a no brainer.

I found the puzzles really easy, but enjoyable nonetheless. The piloting isn't really piloting -- but, it still makes you feel like you are ... I know that sounds like a conflict, but you have control sticks that allow you to move around in an on-rails flight path. You aim by looking at targets. I had fun, and it brought me back to my childhood Voltron fantasies.

The story isn't great, but the interaction between the characters is just as good as the show -- so, great voice acting, but the drive of the action is a MacGuffin, unless they continue the story, which I guess is possible.

So, for fans, it's a thumbs up.

For anyone else, there are probably more interesting VR experiences for you, but it's still fun.

Edit: I should add, it is controlled with two Moves -- so, you need that.

Thanks for the impressions. Was jumping through the thread to see if anyone had tried it out. Big fan of the show so I think it'll be a buy for me.

Briarios

I wrote an impression up on the previous page, but it's basically an interactive episode where you solve some puzzles and sit some ships. It's not that bad a show piece in that you interact with the puzzles with the move in 3D, the story takes place all around you, so you turn around to see some stuff, and the piloting uses the two moves in 3D space along with head tracking for shooting.

Again, your mileage will be based upon how much you like the show -- if they released another episode with the same amount of content at the same preorder price, I'd buy it.

bumpkin

I wrote an impression up on the previous page, but it's basically an interactive episode where you solve some puzzles and sit some ships. It's not that bad a show piece in that you interact with the puzzles with the move in 3D, the story takes place all around you, so you turn around to see some stuff, and the piloting uses the two moves in 3D space along with head tracking for shooting.

Again, your mileage will be based upon how much you like the show -- if they released another episode with the same amount of content at the same preorder price, I'd buy it.
Thanks for the impressions! I saw that someone quoted them just above your reply to me. I’m looking forward to giving it a whirl tonight. I mean honestly, just being in the pilot’s seat of the lion will probably have me marking out, so it sounds like I chose wisely preordering it is you’re saying it’s a solid experience. I’ve spent almost as much money on far less (the Ghostbusters thing), so it’ll be nice to feel like I got my money’s worth. :)

My man, The treat you are in is gonna be brilliant, Resi 7, Farpoint, Batman, Solus project.

I'm currently playing Farpoint with a friend in co-op, VR is unbeatable when it comes to immersion in games.

Have fun and welcome!

Has there been any announcement on when Xing: The Land Beyond is coming to PSVR?

I know they said autumn/fall and was released the other week for PC, Rift and Vive. Its a game I really want to check out and noise from the PCVR communities has been very positive.

Briarios

Just FYI, the PS Blog said there was going to be a big PSVR game sale on Oct 10 for those planning to buy games over the next week or so.

bumpkin

Just FYI, the PS Blog said there was going to be a big PSVR game sale on Oct 10 for those planning to buy games over the next week or so.
Come on, Fruit Ninja!

I'm sure it's worth full price, but I have been holding out for a sale since it released. It just doesn't sound like it's anywhere near as robust as the mobile version of the game from a content standpoint.

MattAces

Come on, Fruit Ninja!

I'm sure it's worth full price, but I have been holding out for a sale since it released. It just doesn't sound like it's anywhere near as robust as the mobile version of the game from a content standpoint.

It's an extremely lite game, but I'm very happy with my purchase.
Tracking is among the best, especially for sword.
Swinging your katana means something, you don't just touch the fruit and slice it, you have to slice it like you mean it. The sound effect is beyond satisfying.
I just wish it's a more robust game with daily objective and stuff to unlock.
Other than that, fantastic arcade game.

Cilidra

Anyone here got Minecraft VR working on their PC with PSVR + PSmove (using PSmoveservice, Trinus and Vivecraft)?

I got it up and running (with acceptable tracking), I just don't have a good control scheme (button mapping) for the PSmoves.
It doesn't help that I don't play Minecraft (my kid does). I am trying to get it functional for him.

I was wondering if anyone came up with a good control scheme (button mapping) if they wouldn't mind sharing.

I asked in the PCVR tread but it doesn't look like anyone there is using the PSVR on their PC.

And btw, it's a bit complicated to to get PSVR and PSmove working on PC but it really not that expensive if you have a decent PC.

So that RADtv VR party game thing might be coming to PSVR, they haven't announce any confirmed platform, but it was developed for Rift and planned for every major VR platform according to one of the dev. In their twitter, they did mention PSVR is planned.
https://twitter.com/RadTVGame/status/912752660658446339
https://www.roadtovr.com/rad-tv-looks-like-raddest-social-vr-party-game-ever/

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

i love my PSVR but i am not looking forward throwing shurikens with the dodgy PS Move tracking (-_-")

MattAces

Holy shit, it's really happening huh.

FAQ
Will PSVR owners be able to play with Rift and Vive owners at launch?
Yes! Anyone connecting through Oculus Home or SteamVR will find themselves in the same servers as all PSVR users at launch. *During beta testing all PSVR players will be on their own test server.

Why can only North American and South American players participate in the beta?
This has to do with the PSVR regions that are available for us to test on prior to release. If we get access to testing in other regions we'll push out another signup form!

Can I submit multiple applications?
One application per PSVR unit. If you only have one PSVR unit please only submit one application.

Does this require PlayStation Plus? (from comments)
The full release won't require PlayStation Plus, so we don't believe testing will either. We could be wrong but we would be very surprised. I'll contact someone at Sony to make 100% sure though.
Edit: Response was no PlayStation Plus required for both testing and full release!

MattAces

Wow. Going through Rec Room subreddit, it's insane with the amount of PCVR people pissed off about it for being cross platform.

"Anyone else excited about a bigger influx of toxic players and children?"

Some of them deleted their comments.

ffvorax

Ok I did 4 offline matches in Rigs... I barely won just 1... my team gets humiliated every time... lol

I need some advice... I expected it to be easy at least at the beginning, but it's a nightmare!!

It's not my kind of game, so if I don't understand how to play properly I will abandon it... but I would like to try at least... I started with a little mech but then changed to a big one and I feel better, still it's super hard to kill and not get killed... :/

Someone can help me understand how to play better?

ChouGoku

Ok I did 4 offline matches in Rigs... I barely won just 1... my team gets humiliated every time... lol

I need some advice... I expected it to be easy at least at the beginning, but it's a nightmare!!

It's not my kind of game, so if I don't understand how to play properly I will abandon it... but I would like to try at least... I started with a little mech but then changed to a big one and I feel better, still it's super hard to kill and not get killed... :/

Rigs for me was kind of the opposite of most games where it is brutally hard at the beginning and easier as you go on. When I get into a new league usually the 1st match or 2 I get destroyed, then I have to change rigs and update teammates. I think your teammates are most important. You go from being destroyed every 2 seconds to doing pretty well. Also focus on movement and Rig perks. What rig you are using in a match is important

2SeeKU

Played superhot last night for the first time in VR (It's on special at the moment). It's probably my favourite VR experience now. Very engrossing!

MattAces

Rec Room planned for release/beta around Oct~Dec of this year.
It will be free, no ads, no microtransaction, just FREE.
It will be CROSS PLATFORM. and did I mention it's free.
It doesn't require PS+ to play online.

What is the game about? Well it's the best online socializing platform in VR available now. With activities and stuff.

ss_00e699c0e0fe83cdd4a1d2d659f8c49b3958a11a.600x338.jpg

ss_479d3ccd395d19ad1fc474ea99dc250fa0ea5c77.600x338.jpg

ss_0f4765a2ce40506176dc52a2ba29c927da9d7875.600x338.jpg

What is the game about? Well it's the best online socializing platform in VR available now. With activities and stuff.

wow...what's the catch? Free with no ads? Sony paid them for it?

Piichan

Banned

Is this that fist-bump game?

Sakura

How in the loving hell do people play RE7 in VR?
I can't even walk down a dark hallway without shitting myself.

I got the platinum in this and love it. In my opinion getting used to switching power modes is the key to success. When shooting make sure you are on power mode, don't be afraid to run away and heal. When collecting orbs switch to speed mode. Don't be afraid to rush in and melee someone with r3 also. Once you get used to quick switching modes you will be fine. I used hard case rig primarily. Got a neat double jump which is especially useful in powerslam as you can normally reach the hoop with ease. It also has a shield on the back which prevents damage except melee. Found that very useful in endzone.

Also, when you have some cash look at your pilots. 2 star pilots should be more than enough to get promoted but switch to a 3 star teammate when you can. It makes a big difference

shaneo632

How in the loving hell do people play RE7 in VR?
I can't even walk down a dark hallway without shitting myself.

I played the whole game in VR with two other friends. Every time we died or lasted 30 minutes we swapped the headset over. Don't think I could've done it otherwise.

Top Bottom