• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

I played the whole game in VR with two other friends. Every time we died or lasted 30 minutes we swapped the headset over. Don't think I could've done it otherwise.

Having someone else in RL helps - the missus took the piss out of me crapping myself a lot whilst playing RE but it actually helped having her around keeping me grounded in the real world. The brother in law was playing it on his own when the cat jumped on his knee scaring the crap out of him, he said ripping the headset off to find himself in a dark room (it was light when he started) wasn't the greatest experience either!

black070

How in the loving hell do people play RE7 in VR?
I can't even walk down a dark hallway without shitting myself.

You power through, its honestly an exhilarating experience. I binged it in two days, then invited all my friends over to try it and made a thread about how its possibly the best gaming experience I've ever had - because its really that good.

SomTervo

wow...what's the catch? Free with no ads? Sony paid them for it?

I've no idea how they're making money. I presume they've got some venture capital and perhaps they're being buoyed by other developers. I think they might have been bought over recently?

But yes, Rec Room is entirely free, loaded with brilliant content, and is one of the best things across all of VR right now. It's a joyous, fun experience.

Is this that fist-bump game?

Yes.

It's one of the best experiences in VR anywhere currently. It's incredible.

ffvorax

I got the platinum in this and love it. In my opinion getting used to switching power modes is the key to success. When shooting make sure you are on power mode, don't be afraid to run away and heal. When collecting orbs switch to speed mode. Don't be afraid to rush in and melee someone with r3 also. Once you get used to quick switching modes you will be fine. I used hard case rig primarily. Got a neat double jump which is especially useful in powerslam as you can normally reach the hoop with ease. It also has a shield on the back which prevents damage except melee. Found that very useful in endzone.

Also, when you have some cash look at your pilots. 2 star pilots should be more than enough to get promoted but switch to a 3 star teammate when you can. It makes a big difference

Ok I have now choose a "big" rig, probably not the one with the shield... I still have to memorize the different names...

Thx for the tips, for sure I need to change my team, because are all 1 star... :\ maybe with some decent support it will be easier to get into the game.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
FYI: Everest VR is about 25-30 mins long, barely any game play and zero repeatability. Do not pay more than $5 for it.

Thanks for the heads up.

I played the whole game in VR with two other friends. Every time we died or lasted 30 minutes we swapped the headset over. Don't think I could've done it otherwise.

The longest I could play it was about 45 minutes at a time. Anything more was a bit too much.

If RE7 VR or a similar title were to stay exclusive to PSVR, I would definitely hop on the platform.

Exclusives are definitely an enticing thing to have on any platform.

Also is RIGs in PS+ two months in a row?

MattAces

We are less than a day away from finding out if Metaworld devs are just scamming us or what. It's sad that VR doesn't get enough coverage, or else they will be toasted.

Any recommendations for RE7 settings?

I get very motion sick during this game. I'd like to progress further but it makes it difficult

Just experiment. What works for some doesn't work for others and what you think might be too much for you could be better. Just don't push yourself too much in the beginning and try go for what feels right.

Any recommendations for RE7 settings?

I get very motion sick during this game. I'd like to progress further but it makes it difficult

I found snap turning at around 30 degrees to be spot on for me. I couldn't handle smooth turning despite being able to spend hours in Rigs and Driveclub. My brother on the other hand nearly threw up with snap turning and went with smooth with no issues. Just experiment in the Tutorial room. They do a good job of providing options

Waveset

Anyone tried Herocade?
Prepare yourself to enter the awe-inspiring world of virtual reality with HeroCade, the ultimate gaming bundle. HeroCade is a compilation of nine experiences that includes two award-winning titles available for the first time on PlayStation®: Dreadhalls and Sisters.
With this 9-in-1 collection, you can enjoy everything VR has to offer in a single, value-packed bundle! Race on the mean streets of LA, pilot through exotic alien worlds, hunt prehistoric beasts, defend against alien invaders, solve whimsical puzzles, save civilians from zombie hoards, survive a paranormal experience, escape from a treacherous labyrinth, train for the turkey apocalypse, and solve the mystery of your past as Player One in HeroCade!

Looks like it could be pretty good for a tenner.

Just picked up Superhot VR in the sale, cant wait to give it a go.

FDC1

I was trying to locate that quote, could you please give me a link?

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2017/09/27/ps-plus-free-games-for-october-2017/

Also, we’re celebrating PlayStation VR’s one year anniversary in October. To commemorate, the PlayStation Store is offering a ton of games at great discounts. Check the PS Store October 10 for more details. Don’t forget that RIGS Mechanized Combat League is free for all PS Plus members until November 7, so download it now if you haven’t done so already.

It's only mentionned in the US Blog, I don't know if other regions will get it too.

Is there another big hitter on the horizon?

Resident Evil and Farpoint interest me the most so far, but another big one might be enough to put me over the edge and buy PSVR...

Resident Evil and Farpoint interest me the most so far, but another big one might be enough to put me over the edge and buy PSVR...

That's a great question actually. Aside from The Inpatient, I can't think of another PSVR game that I'm really looking forward to.

You power through, its honestly an exhilarating experience. I binged it in two days, then invited all my friends over to try it and made a thread about how its possibly the best gaming experience I've ever had - because its really that good.

Mate, I'm with you on it being the greatest gaming experience, I played it alone while share playing it so my friend could watch it on his tv............. Actually let's take a moment and realise what we have as gamers, I was playing Resident Evil in VR, While my friend who lives in a different part of the country was watching me on his TV. What a time to be a gamer!

Farpoint being a close second for immersion.

Those 2 alone will change how you see gaming on a TV, They are that good at immersion.

If you are into co-op then Arizona sunshine is a big hit, It's campaign and also great gunplay letting you drop clips for you're friends if you run out. The inpatient is the next big one, Not too sure how you see Skyrim but it's the whole game with dlc in VR.

Bundle is going for 100 on Amazon
Controller by its self is 50 and far point is 33 dollars on amazon...I know because I finall bit the bullet this morning

Alot to spend, But Farpoint is worth it in my opinion, I did the campaign and it's the best looker for sure. Currently doing co-op with a friend in it and there's something truly surreal and mind blowing seeing you're friend up close in VR and the body, Head, and gun is tracked.

We spent 20 mins just gawping at each others guns up close and the enviroments.

MattAces

That's a great question actually. Aside from The Inpatient, I can't think of another PSVR game that I'm really looking forward to.

Sky freaking rim man.
A few must buy title for me are - Raw Data, Skyrim, Bravo Team, Doom VFR, FFXV fishing
Free title, huge one - Rec Room
Waiting for review - Megaton Rainfall, Gunheart
Smaller title that I will buy day 1 - Shooty Fruity, Dead Hungry, DINER DUO!

MattAces

Star Rage will be coming to PSVR at a later date, $20 on PCVR.

22135476_119065498761076_8782702274311832283_o.jpg

Star-Range-VR-1000x556-nf6pdhlisfvay16af4t8ix44pem7oog8rww16aasag.jpg

star_rage_image1.jpg

ss_7e7b6852d1c327e277002eed9bcbc57c5332bc0e.600x338.jpg

ss_5cbb39ed0ff20f15c05fa1ad4c7c25ee07c32f92.600x338.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEAfSXME40Q

watch the trailer, holy shit this looks pretty good, UE4. Then Chinese word pops up, oh.

Hey guys, just wanted to mention my ban was lifted but I'm still recovering from Hurricane Maria. The whole island of Puerto Rico was devasted, no electricity, no LTE signals, nothing...I also was activated and am now going around the island providing support 24/7. So I won't be able to update the thread until things normalize a bit.

Just wanted to mention we PRGaf are safe, just without signal or power.

I can't believe PSVR has absolutely no track racing sims in the horizon. Literally the only one is GT Sport and the VR is extremely restricted.

Is there any hope besides the remote possibility that Project CARS 2 might get support sometime?

MattAces

I can't believe PSVR has absolutely no track racing sims in the horizon. Literally the only one is GT Sport and the VR is extremely restricted.

Is there any hope besides the remote possibility that Project CARS 2 might get support sometime?

GT Sport in VR has every tracks and cars (missing 1 or 2). Only limitation is 1v1.

Briarios

Hey guys, just wanted to mention my ban was lifted but I'm still recovering from Hurricane Maria. The whole island of Puerto Rico was devasted, no electricity, no LTE signals, nothing...I also was activated and am now going around the island providing support 24/7. So I won't be able to update the thread until things normalize a bit.

Stay safe, dude!

Glad to hear your OK, hope it all goes well out there and you can do some good and help people through this disaster.

MattAces

So Metaworld is the biggest lie, or dare I even say scam, in the recent months.

For anyone who missed the story, basically this is one of the most promising VR social title coming with endless freedom, huge world, cross platform with every single VR devices including mobile VR, buying lands, economy with currency, basically whatever you can imagine, it's in the game. They promised (months ago, and emphasize it again 20 days ago) that they will be delivering the early access version on 29th Sept. What a surprise, the game fails to deliver, Steam even advertised it as available now with no option to download.

For the past 20 days, they went completely silent.
https://twitter.com/dedricreid/with_replies
This is one of their PR/creator. There was an article published by RtoVR warning people with a backstory from the previous creator saying it's impossible, so he quit.
https://www.roadtovr.com/metaworld-wants-buy-virtual-land-real-money-not-clear/

So after 20 days of silence, they finally went active again yesterday, which is the release day. They were proud to announce emails are going out!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/511100/announcements/detail/1497868299557282329
So what does the email suppose to contain? Apparently some sort of deed and your "land" information, since you're paying real money for land in game, an investment in the world first persistent virtual world, as advertised by the dev.
Nobody received it. Some claim to receive it but their name are oddly familiar with "meta" as part of their username, and they are overly positive in the forum while everybody is questioning the dev. In EVERY single thread, the dev kept telling people to get a refund since they're no longer interested, people are asking when will this get released or is it delayed? The dev REFUSE to give a direct answer, he just kept spewing bs saying this is the world first persistent universe, we are sending out deeds now, this is a great investment bla bla bla, if you're not interested, email us to get a refund. Did anybody actually got a refund? Still waiting on that.

I'm not kidding, EVERY single thread in steam forum consist of the dev asking people to get a refund.
Not to mention people actually found out many items from screenshot/video of Metaworld assets are straight up stolen images, plagiarized stuff.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/511100/discussions/0/1520386297689666581/
http://www.metaworldvr.com/outdoors
http://www.metaworldvr.com/electronics

Yes, they are selling every freaking item in real life dollars.
What's even funnier is that those images doesn't even match the in game graphics.
Since the VR community is small and big media are awful at doing their job, these dev could easily get away with shits like these, everybody deserve to know.
Here's just a super short compilation from a fellow redditor.
https://imgur.com/a/bhzIa

Chabbles

Wireless, lighter headsets cant come soon enough. i think once the novelty wears off, the hassle of hooking this up along with the heat and uncomfortable nature of the headset in general (and cleaning that damn lens!) it starts to outweigh the enjoyment of the experience.

Now if it was photo realistic graphics none of that stuff would even matter, but the experiences atm arent worth the hassle imo, for the most part. Solus project is just about worth hooking it up for, but this tech really needs a big leap in advancement for next gen, idk how far away wireless is but itll be a game changer.

Planet

Megaton Rainfall gameplay
OK, that tipped me over, can't resist any longer. Pre-ordered.

Was originally waiting what the sale on the 10th brings (hopefully to EU too), then use the rest of my credit for this if possible. But it just won't compute in my brain - this simply can't be anything else than amazing, even if the gameplay is boring (which I hope it's not, of course)

Top Bottom