• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Same here. I was torn about whether to come back given the scandal surrounding the downtime, but I'm not gonna lie, I was lost without this forum. This thread has been my go-to for rapping with fellow PSVR lovers, and this forum has been my go-to for gaming news for what seems like forever.

Glad to see some of you back, too!

yeah, i don't even have a PSVR anymore but i still read this thread. I was hoping that you were one of the people to come back!

CEJames

For anyone interested in Megaton's patch notes since they've failed to update PS4's update history twice now.

oi1mVb9.png

chashodges

Neo Member
Downloaded Megaton today - wowsers, what a rush!

Also installing Arizona Sunshine - hoping it doesn't make me jump too much, I'm not great with horror.

kingkenny76

The Bravo Team bundle atleast should replace the Farpoint set soon.

Can't wait to give it some more playtime, also dät Doom VFR Aim support :p~~

I started an interesting project, 3D printing a real life size Aliens Pulserifle, then ripping the insides of the Aim Controller out and installing it to the Pulse...
pulse.jpg
Holy shit that's amazing make sure you keep us updated with it

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I would like more third person games in VR.

Tbh it's those types of games where the VR impresses me the most, but it seems like fpv is 99% of the VR library. I'd love a traditional jrpg to get VR treatment... I know it'd be awesome.

Grinchy

Banned

Tbh it's those types of games where the VR impresses me the most, but it seems like fpv is 99% of the VR library. I'd love a traditional jrpg to get VR treatment... I know it'd be awesome.

I want a PSVR add-on for Rocket League. That would get me over from the PC version in a heartbeat.

I wonder if the action far out in the field would be too hard to make out on the screen for VR.

Taker666

Couple of VR freebies up on the store in the UK/Europe.

anywhereVR

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/anywherevr/cid=EP2678-CUSA07583_00-ANYWHEREVR000000

It's the relaxation software from Sony where you can view a location on your VR headset and also use your smart device. Also has various locations you can pay extra for.

and

The Ministry of Time VR: Save the time

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/the-ministry-of-time-vr-save-the-time/cid=EP2405-CUSA10017_00-0000000000000000

'Save the Time' is a virtual reality experience in which you'll be inside one of the best television series in Spain,' The Ministry of Time '. In this experience, you​'ll​ live an adventure in first person​,​ try​ing​ to dismantle the plans of the 'Angel Exterminator'​ sect​ ​as they tr​y to change the history of Spain and to destroy the Ministry. ​During these 15 minutes, you will face several challenges against time that you will have to solve with ability and cold blood.

Spanish language but has subtitles. Looks quite interesting.

wondermega

Glad this thread is still going, even if it's kind of chilly and dark lately. One of the few threads I relentlessly lurk every few days. Hopefully a lot of the VR haters are gone, on the bright side..

Anyway now that it's been a few weeks, what's the feeling on GT? I have a wheel and the other two racing games. I'm bummed they super phoned in the VR mode for GT but pretty sure I need to pick it up anyway..

Glad this thread is still going, even if it's kind of chilly and dark lately. One of the few threads I relentlessly lurk every few days. Hopefully a lot of the VR haters are gone, on the bright side..

Anyway now that it's been a few weeks, what's the feeling on GT? I have a wheel and the other two racing games. I'm bummed they super phoned in the VR mode for GT but pretty sure I need to pick it up anyway..

Visually in VR its very stunning and well detailed members have said, it just lacks content. Which maybe will be added in the future.

RavageX

Well I'm getting rid of Resident Evil, I did my part to support VR by buying it when it came out knowing damn well that I'm not into horror games.

Yes its a great experience, but THAT kind of experience isn't for me.

I have a lot of VR games I need to buy but just haven't had the extra funds....last game I got was SuperHot and Farpoint when a bundle became available...so yeah.

Any immediate suggestions? I'm all about action stuffs.

Grinchy

Banned
Well I'm getting rid of Resident Evil, I did my part to support VR by buying it when it came out knowing damn well that I'm not into horror games.

I have a lot of VR games I need to buy but just haven't had the extra funds....last game I got was SuperHot and Farpoint when a bundle became available...so yeah.

lol aww man you should stick with it

It gets less scary as you progress and start getting more powerful and feel like you are the one in control.

CyberChulo

Where did you stop at?

CEJames

Definitely Raw Data, Archangel, and Megaton Rainfall then for more action stuff

RavageX

Where did you stop at?

I've gone and spoiled the game for myself, lol. Watched a playthrough.

It's not so much that it's overwhelming(though it is) I've never really been a fan of RE in the first place.

I probably will give it one more shot before sending it off into the sunset though just because.

vpance

Agreed, I've liked both but I'd love some more third person ones. Wayward Sky was one of my first real adored VR games. The two of them that got shown in Sony's last E3 conference looked promising. I'm not sure if Star Child is a third person game but it looked good and like part of it might be so I hope at least part of it is, but that Moss game also looked fantastic.

RavageX

Raw Data is on my definite list, and probably Rainfall alone with that Sparc? game. Itching for a few with Aim support, and will probably end up getting skyrim yet again when it drops.

And Doom. My budget is quite limited for gaming ATM.

majik13

As far as Aim support, I’m looking forward to Bravo Team.

really wish it wasn't a Time Crisis like game. There is another MP shooter that looks good, that's supposed to to use AIM though, but cant remember the name, there are 2 others actually.

Zigroid

Neo Member
There is another MP shooter that looks good, that's supposed to to use AIM though, but cant remember the name, there are 2 others actually.
I don’t really do MP. I’m old, and haven’t handled a console or controller since the original PS, with game cartridges, wired controller, and no internet. I also don’t spend that much time playing, only when the mood strikes, and I’d hate to have other people relying on me if I don’t take the time to get significantly better.
Which is why I’d love to find a space shooter like Eve Valkyrie that’s strong on single-player. I got End Space, but that doesn’t quite do it for me. Oh well... :(

RavageX

I don’t really do MP. I’m old, and haven’t handled a console or controller since the original PS, with game cartridges, wired controller, and no internet. I also don’t spend that much time playing, only when the mood strikes, and I’d hate to have other people relying on me if I don’t take the time to get significantly better.
Which is why I’d love to find a space shooter like Eve Valkyrie that’s strong on single-player. I got End Space, but that doesn’t quite do it for me. Oh well... :(

I feel like this. I don't really do MP these days. I'd love to see a new Colony Wars.... Omega Boost.... Einhander in VR.

Any of you try Grand Turismo VR?

Quoting myself from the GT thread...

Here's a video I've knocked up showing the 6 different classes driving around Mount Panorama in VR to see how they compared. The level of detail to the cabins in VR is really amazing though some reflections let it down (like the vents on the screen in the viper look very low Res). Had a lot of fun just driving these fantastic beasts around there, just hope PD add more to the VR side of the game.

https://youtu.be/KJI9jSF02Dk

And earlier in this one...

Put some time in on GT Sport VR mode tonight and I'm really impressed. Content is lacking of course and the opposition are so slow they might as well not be there but the actual driving in those cars is brilliant. I can't for the life of me understand why there's no timing leaderboards on there, as I've found manually noting the times are seeing how different cars do so addictive. Here's hoping they deliver a good patch soon and flesh it out (circuit experience should be in VR too, it's perfect for it).

Zigroid

Neo Member
I hope they say something about Ace Combat 7 VR. It was supposed to be released this year, but the only info I can find now is "sometime in 2018".

And while we're at it, I'd also like to see COD WW2 as a VR title. With Aim support! Although if I had to guess, something like that will probably have to wait for the PS5.

majik13

Bluecondor

Hey - this is actually a question. I'm not familiar with how to access 360 degree videos on Youtube in PSVR (or if this is even possible at this point).

Specifically, there is a 10 minute 360 degree video that was made in conjunction with the prize winning author of "Lincoln in the Bardo" which is set in the graveyard where Abraham Lincoln's 11 year old son is buried:

http://hypernetec.com/lincoln-in-the-bardo-vr-review/

There is a link to the video on Youtube. Is it possible to watch this on my PSVR? Sorry if this an obvious yes or no question. I have never tried to watch a Youtube video on PSVR before.

LOL - a simple Google search suggests that this is possible. Please let me know if there are any tricks to getting the best possible experience with this, as the Lincoln video sounds awesome:

https://www.vrheads.com/how-watch-360-degree-and-3d-youtube-playstation-vr

Grinchy

Banned
^I can't really check the link out or anything atm, but does it let you download the video in like an mp4 format?

If so, you can most likely play it with the LittlStar app. Just name the file something like Lincoln_360_sbs.mp4 (if it's side-by-side) or Lincoln_360_ou.mp4 (if it's over-under).

Newk86

(From Paris Games Week trailers shown last night)

Most hyped for Blood & Truth by far, plus was good to see Moss again. League of War, and Smash Hit Plunder seem like legit options for same room multiplayer with PSVR; an area that's been undercatered for up until now (from what I can tell). Star Child had an interesting trailer for sure, but was all just CGI in the end.

Just disappointed with the amount of games that are being developed that I have ZERO interest in though. Megalith looked promising, at least aesthetically, right up until I heard the words "multiplayer hero shooter". Then more multiplayer with Bow to Blood, which looks like a cel-shaded Bridge Crew with airships. The roller blading game, the rhythm game, the pilotwings game, Final Fantasy fishing, and Pixeljunk especially; just do nothing for me. Suppose it was good variety though.

Top Bottom