• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

MattAces

Good lord, I've tried different account registered under different number, different credit card, different IP/network and I still couldn't manage to buy a second time.

ChouGoku

Well the problem is I don't pay for a PSN subscription.
Lol hell no. Only if you want a few short missions with cool arenas. I only use single player to relax for a moment and appreciate the arenas. I don't even play mp games much and I mainly play online in this.

MattAces

Lol hell no. Only if you want a few short missions with cool arenas. I only use single player to relax for a moment and appreciate the arenas. I don't even play mp games much and I mainly play online in this.

There's so many players and bots flying around, it's not really one of those game where you matter too much and pressure is on you. So yea, just hop onto multiplayer and have fun. The few "single player" mission is pretty impressive though.

If you want a core single player shooter with depth, super challenging bots and fun. Rigs!

MattAces

Ancient Amulator PS4 Pro detail :
The resolution on the Pro is significantly increased, and on the official version we have updated game's lighting,shading, textures, special effects, and audios.
Compared to the demo, the resolution is significantly higher on the Pro. On the demo version, we used post-Antialias, so the screen have some jelly effect. In the Release version you will see a more clear image.

Hmm, now I'm interested in the game. Launch will have 20% off for Plus members.

bumpkin

Good lord, I've tried different account registered under different number, different credit card, different IP/network and I still couldn't manage to buy a second time.
I was able to score two, though it took me leveraging a different email address, using my wife's cell phone number, and using my cell phone on cellular data to get the second.

Grinchy

Banned
I just have reservations about that deal. They are eating $3 for every sale they make, so the information they're collecting from you must be worth much more than $3 to them when they sell it.

MattAces

I just have reservations about that deal. They are eating $3 for every sale they make, so the information they're collecting from you must be worth much more than $3 to them when they sell it.

Yea for sure, no doubt on that. But they are pretty reputable and their codes are legal/legit. It is better than buying from grey market after all.
There are a bunch of people selling stolen code nowadays from Amazon and stuff. I know a seller who scams Amazon code by buying code and convincing the customer support that the code isn't working to get a refund. There's an entire community for people like those, it's insane.

So after spending some time with PSVR I think I can't really use it too well while on my couches. My tv is in a corner so the couches don't necessarily face directly towards the camera so the tracking always seems a bit off.

Pulling aside my coffee table and sitting in a chair in front my couches directly facing the tv/camera has helped a ton. It's so good now. Rush of Blood is such a basic game but man it's fun in VR.

London Heist was fun too for what it was. And I really dug Ocean Descent, purely as an experience. I love those kind of things, especially in VR.

Think I'm hooked

MattAces

So after spending some time with PSVR I think I can't really use it too well while on my couches. My tv is in a corner so the couches don't necessarily face directly towards the camera so the tracking always seems a bit off.

Pulling aside my coffee table and sitting in a chair in front my couches directly facing the tv/camera has helped a ton. It's so good now. Rush of Blood is such a basic game but man it's fun in VR.

London Heist was fun too for what it was. And I really dug Ocean Descent, purely as an experience. I love those kind of things, especially in VR.

Think I'm hooked
Just a few usual tip
1- Avoid having any reflective material in the room, or at least visible by the camera.
2- Avoid having any light sources, the darker the room, the better it is.
3- Leave your PSVR on a FLAT surface when it is booting up for at least 10~30 seconds.
5- Cinema mode drift? Leave it on a flat surface again OR this may take a few try but, look 90 degree to your right, start turning your head to the middle while holding the option button, when your point of view reaches center, the screen should be recentered to infront of you too.
4- If you have any tracking issue, calibrate it, still having trouble with anything? Come back and ask! There's a lot of tips and tricks.
5- For standing experience, you probably want to adjust the camera for a wider field of view and for sitting, try to sit as close as possible and adjust the camera to a lower angle.

Lastly, there's a bunch of free demo and experiences across all region store.

Grinchy

Banned

Think I'm hooked

Maybe it's a little on the hardcore side, but you can mount your camera to a microphone stand and use a camera extension cable to let you place the camera anywhere you need it in an oddly-shaped room setup.

I love having my camera on a mic stand. And if you get the camera extension cable, you can unplug the camera from it and put the mic stand in a closet or something when you don't want it out.

My tv is in a corner so the couches don't necessarily face directly towards the camera so the tracking always seems a bit off.

Pulling aside my coffee table and sitting in a chair in front my couches directly facing the tv/camera has helped a ton.

I do the same thing (sans coffee table)

Just consider that the camera and the TV don't necessarily have to be in the same location. Obviously you know the layout of your room better than anyone else, but perhaps there's a position you can move the camera to so that it's facing the couch, rather than rearranging the furniture?

MattAces

19452878_694021744132448_1494843739939660900_o.jpg

19146248_690498994484723_7703148604729732792_n.jpg

19420723_693725084162114_1422517932752636788_n.jpg

19399591_693127577555198_3397822108697645484_n.jpg

MattAces

I like it, but what am I looking at? DLC? Paid or free? New areas or the same ones re-skinned?
Free DLC coming next week
(2) new co-op maps with reskinned enemies to fit the cryo theme
All (6) Co-Op levels become playable in Challenge mode
New player character skin
New virtual toys in the game lobby
New Trophies

Bought Statik today. How did I miss this gem?!
Really enjoying it; great feeling when a solution clicks.

Think my wife thought I'd lost my mind when she came into the lounge to see me with the headset on staring at the DS4 in my hands, turning it so I could 'look' at the sides, etc!

Shoeless

How is movement handled in Farpoint?

Do you mean with a Dualshock or with the Aim controller? Or do you mean whether it's full, traditional movement, or the pie chart "twitching" movement?

If you mean with the Aim controller, you just use the thumbstick on the peripheral, same as if you were using a DualShock 4. If you mean smooth turning versus pie chart, it has both.

ranmafan

Some possible good news for those wanting PSVR in Japan. As we all know it's been sold out continuously since October's launch, and the only ways to get one were either to win a lottery from a store on a restock day, import, or go through the auction sites/scalpers. It was hard getting mine many months ago cause of that, which I'm still glad I did but was really frustrated with the sole situation.

However Sony interestingly just added 100 stores to the list of stores that are officially salling it and are doing a whole bunch of demos in stores again for the first time in a long while. Today I went to one of the few stores in my area that offer it to look for something else, and not only did I see a big demo station for the first time ever being done (quite popular too), more importantly they actually had psvr in stock with no need to go through a lottery. You had to go ask at the register for one but still this is a good sign that maybe the stock is finally starting to catch up to demand. Of course I don't know what the rest of Japan is like but it's good news for those still looking for one as I've never seen one in stock before until today. Also the store had farpoint/aim bundles in stock. Not so much surprised there, but since it's sold old at online stores in Japan, maybe those looking for one in Japan should check your local electronics store. Might still have some.

Target seems to be putting copies of DriveClub VR on clearance for 19.98. Picked up a copy tonight, and looking at Brickseek, seems like there's 2-3 copies per store.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5m_X97Vyos
Ancient Amulator review.
This guy is pretty reliable for PSVR reviews.

Shooting and killing doesn't seem very satisfying. There's a reason why games like Farpoint, Dick Wilde or even London Heist is fun. Satisfying gun sound and satisfying kill. This seems to be a major problem for every VR game from China so far.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRnS8vqhox0
Beats Fever VR
ss_b03bcd7d6096056e4f9ba2f059412e2150b410cb.600x338.jpg

They are still in talk with several publisher to bring it to PSVR.
Planned Summer release. There's even a gameplay for PSVR version. https://www.facebook.com/beatsfevergame/videos/1406788912685599/
Rhythm game.

MattAces

New EU sizzle reel showing off upcoming PSVR titles from E3:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGvNw7U6kec

The games I spotted (would really rather they just label the footage!):
Ace Combat 7
SUPERHOT
Farpoint Cryopack DLC
Tiny Trax
The Persistence
Sparc
Moss
The Inpatient
Skyrim VR

You missed one ;)
Let me try to identify everything.
0:14 - Ace Combat 7
0:18 - Super Hot VR
0:24 - Farpoint
0:27 - Tiny Trax
0:34 - The Persistence
0:38 - ArchAngel
0:44 - SPARC
0:51 - Moss
0:54 - The Inpatient
0:59 - Skyrim VR

marrec

Banned
Just got my PSVR and Move Controllers and bought Tethered and Mortal Blitz thanks to this thread.

I'm... hesitant about Mortal Blitz, but it looks like it'll be a nice way to fuck around with the move controllers so *shrug*

Top Bottom