• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

darkwing

It gets an 8/10 but says "However, when aiming down sights there’s a slight wobble to the tracking, making longshots hard to pull off." and in summing up "Minor Aim controller wobble and de-sync issues".

yeah but not as severe as others have said

oh well, I guess Eve Valkryie is still my main VR game, well worth the 40 instead of this game

hopefully the patch greatly improves the game, psvr YouTube reviewers have been harsh to say the least

Grinchy

Banned
It's not just the tracking that makes Arizona Sunshine bad. The animations are horrible. You can shoot a leg off and the zombie will flail around like a glitchy ragdoll before crawling at you. Your co-op partner's animations are also very glitchy and jittery.

The guns feel like they have no feedback and are just unsatisfying to use. Objects pop-in like crazy from pretty short distances. It's just a very basic-looking, ugly game. If the shooting was satisfying, its simplicity could be overlooked. However, the shooting feels terrible too due to the wonky tracking. It's just an overall lackluster product right now and the $40 price tag is an utter rip-off.

panda-zebra

It's not just the tracking that makes Arizona Sunshine bad. The animations are horrible. You can shoot a leg off and the zombie will flail around like a glitchy ragdoll before crawling at you. Your co-op partner's animations are also very glitchy and jittery.

The guns feel like they have no feedback and are just unsatisfying to use. Objects pop-in like crazy from pretty short distances. It's just a very basic-looking, ugly game. If the shooting was satisfying, its simplicity could be overlooked. However, the shooting feels terrible too due to the wonky tracking. It's just an overall lackluster product right now and the $40 price tag is an utter rip-off.

So why was the PC game so highly spoken of? Because it was an early release and there wasn't much to compare it with or is the PS.VR version just horribly pared back? TBH, what I've seen in a few videos hasn't looked massively impressive, but was hoping the experience made up for that. On the whole now though it's looking on a par with the Chinese stuff, not exactly pretty and fairly janky, i.e. leagues removed from something like Farpoint.

So why was the PC game so highly spoken of? Because it was an early release and there wasn't much to compare it with or is the PS.VR version just horribly pared back? TBH, what I've seen in a few videos hasn't looked massively impressive, but was hoping the experience made up for that. On the whole now though it's looking on a par with the Chinese stuff, not exactly pretty and fairly janky, i.e. leagues removed from something like Farpoint.

was it because it came before Resident Evil 7 and Farpoint? We have higher standards now.

WITHE1982

Yeah I haven't been impressed with Arizona Sunshine (though I personally like the graphics, it's the gameplay that's the problem).

Here's a ton of footage if anyone's looking for any: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-ZisCm3L3o

Cheers Sammy. Another great video.

I especially like the part on 5 minutes when you fire 6 warning shots at that zed (here) and it just keeps on coming. Some definite tracking issues there.

The more footage I see the more concerned I become. May wait for a big patch/fix or just grab it on sale down the road.

MattAces

Funny thing is most of the China/Asia games has solid tracking, some of the best too.

You can find a lot of PC gameplay, the graphics had never been mind blowing. Just look at the vive trailer, it is jaggy as hell. Also multiplayer animation is horrible in the PC version, it is as glitchy as the PSVR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77nuE2aP1G0

MattAces

https://www.vrfocus.com/2017/06/review-arizona-sunshine/
However, on PlayStation 4 Pro, Arizona Sunshine comes very close to replicating the quality of its PC
While far from the precision of Farpoint – the videogame designed alongside the peripheral – Vertigo Games has done a good job of bringing the new PlayStation VR exclusive accessory into Arizona Sunshine.

Pretty poorly written review, nothing much mentioned aside from those.

MattAces

http://pureplaystation.com/review-arizona-sunshine-ps4psvr/2017/06/

Another 8/10.
I lifted my hands up and prepared to aim down the iron sights and… wibble wobble wibble. The aiming is unsteady, and that’s not down to my hands. I’ve played the hell out of Farpoint on PSVR with very few instances of wobble, but Arizona Sunshine’s use of the Aim controller doesn’t match up. It’s a shame, really, as I’d hoped for a comparable experience, but it wasn’t to be.

PC version is all about good shooting. It is fun to kill zombies in the head with one accurate shot which blows their brain. All other aspect of the game are indeed pretty lame.
Graphics seemed ok for me.

Though I still did not finish the game.

panda-zebra

The Chainsmockers Paris VR experience is releasing tomorrow in Europe

I went through this several times to make sure I'd seen all the different parts, the
clouds
bit got an instant gasp and jaw-drop from me, just wasn't expecting it.

some reviews from youtube

they are not kind

haha "it's more scary looking at your co-op partner and how he moves than the zombies" lolol

Just won a code for Chess Ultra for Steam via Twitter, were only 6 entries. The competition hadn't specified platform so I offered it back to them as I only game on PS4 and they sorted me a PSN code instead :)

Can't wait to kick the Grim Reapers ass!

majik13

Weird thing Farpoint is getting 7/10 from these sites. Most of them are the same reviewers.
Was just thinking this same thing. And even while playing Farpoint at launch I was surprised it was getting 7s, was easily a 9 experiemce for me. I think more people will realize now how well it was polished and the really high production value it has.

dmix90

What a disappointment with Arizona Sunshine port :(
Full price, huge downgrade, using bullshots/screenshots from PC version on store page and in blog posts, tracking issues. Glad i read the impressions before buying. Not sure that patch can fix this mess... game looks like a Wii port from early 360/PS3 gen at best. People say it looks close to PC version but i just don't see it, lighting and shadows are gone, asset quality is not even comparable( downgraded physics is understandable but this one is strange... i believe Pro should be able to handle better textures and models )

Yikes :/

Justified

Full price, huge downgrade, using bullshots/screenshots from PC version on store page and in blog posts, tracking issues. Glad i read the impressions before buying. Not sure that patch can fix this mess... game looks like a Wii port from early 360/PS3 gen at best. People say it looks close to PC version but i just don't see it, lighting and shadows are gone, asset quality is not even comparable( downgraded physics is understandable but this one is strange... i believe Pro should be able to handle better textures and models )

Are you referring to the OG or Pro PS4?

*edit*

Nevermind Somehow I complete miss your last sentence

grendelrt

Was just thinking this same thing. And even while playing Farpoint at launch I was surprised it was getting 7s, was easily a 9 experiemce for me. I think more people will realize now how well it was polished and the really high production value it has.

Yeah , considering one of big things when Farpoint was being reviewed was that the scores werent matching the reviews, its really weird. Lots of reviews were glowing and then it got a 7 even though the review read as an 8 or 9. Didnt bother me though, glad I pre ordered , especially with the bundle situation now.

MattAces

Again, the PC version is not as good as people thought. Just look at some gameplay and trailers of the Vive version, it is jaggy as hell. Push Square said the graphics are fine, VRFocus said the Pro version held up pretty well compared with PC version.

Vive gameplay.
https://youtu.be/77nuE2aP1G0?t=11m46s

Finished up Rush of Blood last night. I really enjoyed my time with it - that last level was some serious bullshit though, it really dragged the game down.

Now I need a new game. Eyeballing either Farpoint or Arizona Sunshine. I'd like to get the Aim controller but who knows when that's gonna get back out into the wild. Both are playable with the move controllers I'm guessing.

How's Farpoint with the Move?

Maligna

Banned
God damn it GAF. The weeks of everyone hyping up Arizona made me preorder it yesterday as soon as it went up. From the way everyone was talking this was a killer app on PC, so I felt safe doing it...
How's Farpoint with the Move?

No move support.

MattAces

God damn it GAF. The weeks of everyone hyping up Arizona made me preorder it yesterday as soon as it went up. From the way everyone was talking this was a killer app on PC, so I felt safe doing it...

No move support.

I would've bought it without reading anything if it wasn't the missing 10% discount.

Anyway Ancient Amulator up now. Considering this, since it might be awhile until AS is patched. Still keeping an open minded for AS, they are acknowledging some of the problems on twitter.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...etor/cid=UP1560-CUSA07763_00-ANCIENTAMULETOR1

Also discount for both of these games are up now, have to add it into cart to see it.

Kalentan

I would've bought it without reading anything if it wasn't the missing 10% discount.

Anyway Ancient Amulator up now. Considering this, since it might be awhile until AS is patched. Still keeping an open minded for AS, they are acknowledging some of the problems on twitter.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...etor/cid=UP1560-CUSA07763_00-ANCIENTAMULETOR1

Seems like a patch is already out to Sony. Though conisdering how badly Sony has been fucking up the Brookhaven AIM patch release I won't expect it anytime soon.

MattAces

even though they will fix the tracking issue, I don't think it's worth the 40

I really don't mind on the price. 5~6 hours campaign, horde mode sounds good to me.
Variety of zombies doesn't bug me too, voice acting and audio are fine to me.
Only way to sell the game to me is decent tracking. At least on par with Farpoint on Aim controller or make it not necessary to use that tiny iron sight.

Reviewers didn't like Farpoint a lot too, but I love it.

jrcbandit

Was going to get Arizona Sunshine but not after all the YouTube impressions. I'll probably get Battlezone and Super Stardust instead.

There are a lot of sales on NA store.

Ace Banana is 60% off $14.99 -> $5.99
Arizona Sunshine is 10% off $39.99 -> $35.99
Ancient Amuletor is 20% off $19.99 -> $15.99
Battlezone is 50% off $39.99 -> $19.99
Bound is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Catlateral Damage 70% off $9.99 -> $2.99
Chess Ultra 10% off $12.99 -> $11.69
Time Machine VR 60% off $29.99 -> $11.99
Melvis: a VR Adventure 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Trackmania Turbo 60% off $39.99 -> $15.99
Pixel Gear 60% off $10.99 -> $4.39
Space Rift - Episode 1 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Here They Lie is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Hustle Kings is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Nebulous is 70% off $14.99 -> $4.49
Tumble VR is 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99
VR Words is 65% off $39.99 -> $13.99
Dying Reborn is 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99
Rigs is 60% off $49.99 -> $19.99
Until Dawn is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Super Stradust Ultra VR 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality 40% off $19.99 -> $11.99
The Assembly is 60% off $29.99 -> $11.99
Unearthing Mars 60% off $14.99 - $5.99
Weeping Doll 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99

I recommend Bound, Rigs, Here They Lie, Until Dawn, VR Worlds, Tumble VR, and The Assembly.

dmix90

Again, the PC version is not as good as people thought. Just look at some gameplay and trailers of the Vive version, it is jaggy as hell. Push Square said the graphics are fine, VRFocus said the Pro version held up pretty well compared with PC version.

Vive gameplay.
https://youtu.be/77nuE2aP1G0?t=11m46s
ARkrBzD.png

cxGIPGZ.png

l50KsLj.png

mvwRI0O.png
Shitty youtube quality but still.

Top Bottom