• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Here They Lie impressions? I was pretty interested until I found out it's DS4 only. I'm not totally against that, but it has to be a pretty special experience to make that worth it for me when we're talking about first person games.

darkwing

Here They Lie impressions? I was pretty interested until I found out it's DS4 only. I'm not totally against that, but it has to be a pretty special experience to make that worth it for me when we're talking about first person games.

there is a demo you can try, couldn't finish it, too scary for me lol it's more like a walking simulator though, albeit with horror elements

There are a lot of sales on NA store.

Ace Banana is 60% off $14.99 -> $5.99
Arizona Sunshine is 10% off $39.99 -> $35.99
Battlezone is 50% off $39.99 -> $19.99
Catlateral Damage 70% off $9.99 -> $2.99
Chess Ultra 10% off $12.99 -> $11.69
Here They Lie is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Hustle Kings is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Nebulous is 70% off $14.99 -> $4.49
VR Words is 65% off $39.99 -> $13.99
Rigs is 60% off $49.99 -> $19.99
Super Stradust Ultra VR 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality 40% off $19.99 -> $11.99
The Assembly is 60% off $29.99 -> $11.99
Unearthing Mars 60% off $14.99 - $5.99
Weeping Doll 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99

I recommend Rigs, Here They Lie, VR Worlds, and The Assembly.

Also Until Dawn and Tumble are on sale.

I am thinking about picking up some of the following. Any impressions?

Ace Banana is 60% off $14.99 -> $5.99
Catlateral Damage 70% off $9.99 -> $2.99
Hustle Kings is 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Nebulous is 70% off $14.99 -> $4.49
Super Stradust Ultra VR 60% off $19.99 -> $7.99
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality 40% off $19.99 -> $11.99
Unearthing Mars 60% off $14.99 - $5.99
Weeping Doll 60% off $9.99 -> $3.99

not great - most reviews said it was kinda shit and nausea inducing. I couldn't even play the demo

I really liked Here They Lie. It is very trippy and surreal. It has very strong David Lynch and Lovecraft influences. I recommend it!

jonezer4

How long is until dawn again? I've been holding off because it's way too scary for me.

There are around eight levels, each about ~10 minutes long. A little bit of replay value if you want to find the hidden collectibles or up the difficulty level.

It is scary as fuck, btw. Jump scares galore.

Champloo4

Just bought a PSVR last week (w/ the Newegg sale). And I am having the time of my life with this. Been gaming my whole life (I am 35) and I have never experience anything like this. Already bought about a dozen games. Going to get a few this week from the sale, too.

Wanted to thank the OP of this thread and MattAces for the constant stream of information.

Last night my buddy and I trekked across another planet together, blastin' aliens in Farpoint. It was unreal.

Teknoman

It's not just the tracking that makes Arizona Sunshine bad. The animations are horrible. You can shoot a leg off and the zombie will flail around like a glitchy ragdoll before crawling at you. Your co-op partner's animations are also very glitchy and jittery.

The guns feel like they have no feedback and are just unsatisfying to use. Objects pop-in like crazy from pretty short distances. It's just a very basic-looking, ugly game. If the shooting was satisfying, its simplicity could be overlooked. However, the shooting feels terrible too due to the wonky tracking. It's just an overall lackluster product right now and the $40 price tag is an utter rip-off.

Well that's not good. Bought the game late last night but haven't played it yet...

MattAces

Just bought a PSVR last week (w/ the Newegg sale). And I am having the time of my life with this. Been gaming my whole life (I am 35) and I have never experience anything like this. Already bought about a dozen games. Going to get a few this week from the sale, too.

Wanted to thank the OP of this thread and MattAces for the constant stream of information.

Last night my buddy and I trekked across another planet together, blastin' aliens in Farpoint. It was unreal.

Awesome! Just in time for these sales too.
Also the usual tip for new players : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241717344&postcount=2923
And free stuff compiled by Joystick : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=241844484&postcount=2972 (there are still some weird demos in China PSN)
I hope you've been following this thread for awhile because there's quite a lot of information lately!

Valonquar

Here They Lie was the only game out of the starting lineup of games to cause me nausea. EXTREME nausea at that. Something about the constant going up and down staircases in the game caused my stomach to revolt. After 35~40 minutes of substandard walking sim, I had to take the headset off, and still felt ill for several hours afterward.

gogojira

Anyone play that Mervils game? User reviews are high on PSVR and Steam but it looks kinda awful? The trailer music was good though!

MattAces

There are around eight levels, each about ~10 minutes long. A little bit of replay value if you want to find the hidden collectibles or up the difficulty level.

There are jump scares, but it is a really good game. I would say it is about 2-3 hours long, but there are branching paths, collectibles, multiple difficulties.

I really can't handle scary games. I manage to playthrough RE7 after watching a full playthrough and taking note of jump scare areas. But I like the demo a lot.

Anyone play that Mervils game? User reviews are high on PSVR and Steam but it looks kinda awful? The trailer music was good though!

I finished it. I liked it overall. The graphics look better in VR, and there are some cool mechanics. The music was pretty good too. It is a fairly long game with multiple worlds. The jumping animation is a bit rough though. There are also some puzzles, RPG elements, and limited upgrades.

gogojira

I finished it. I liked it overall. The graphics look better in VR, and there are some cool mechanics. The music was pretty good too. It is a fairly long game with multiple worlds. The jumping animation is a bit rough though. There are also some puzzles, RPG elements, and limited upgrades.

Thanks, I might have to go ahead and pick it up. It's pretty cheap at the moment!

Plasma

Banned
It's a shame to see everyone so down on Arizona Sunshine it's one of my favourite games on the rift, hopefully the patch fixes the issues people are having.

there is a demo you can try, couldn't finish it, too scary for me lol it's more like a walking simulator though, albeit with horror elements

I finished. I agree the game was more scary and disturbing than RE7 and Until Dawn. It was really quite a ride though, and the ending was well done. I believe that they patched in Pro support too. More people need to play this game!

Grinchy

Banned
Well that's not good. Bought the game late last night but haven't played it yet...

:(

If it was like a $10-20 game, I might forgive its terrible polish and quality. But $40? Farpoint makes this game look like a last-generation title.

Everyone else should save their money and get Battlezone for $20 instead.

MattAces

I felt so lost right now with Arizona Sunshine being so underwhelming/broken.
Like a lost soul...

Now I have freaking $77 credit in my account, thinking of getting Ratchet and Clank, but Crash comes out this week.

darkwing

I felt so lost right now with Arizona Sunshine being so underwhelming/broken.
Like a lost soul...

Now I have freaking $77 credit in my account, thinking of getting Ratchet and Clank, but Crash comes out this week.

just wait if the patch fixes things and wait for reviews, besides the discount isn't active yet

Loudninja

This is so bizarre. Most of the bigger sites seem to enjoy it at least with Aim, three or four 8/10, while smaller sites/user feedback are ranging from bad to unplayable. Completely opposite from the impression of Farpoint, which was hated by major sites.
I have no idea what is going on with this game lol.

N30RYU

I'm really dissapointed with arizona sunshine and the aim controller...

Did anyone tested the game with the aim controller at all? How the fuck didn't they noticed that you can't properly aim if you have to move the aim controller in front of the headset making the camera loose track of the headset...

In farpoint you don't need to overlapse the aim controller in order to properly aim...

If I could this game would already be refunded.

MattAces

Ultrawings VR will be coming to PlayStation VR soon.
It's pilot wing VR. Kinda.
Trailer : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIfwG3il5Yg
RingCanyon.0.png

ultrawings-glider.jpg
https://twitter.com/BitPlanetGames/status/879758084557721601

just yesterday i bought 100e worth of VR games... is there a sale on euro store yet? i guess i'll buy some more lol.

i JUST picked up my PSVR after months of hesitating. haven't even opened the package yet, i think i'll leave it for tomorrow, too tired now. i need to be well-rested and well-fed for my first jump into VR. i'm a bit nervous!

MattAces

There was an AMA just now in Elite Dangerous sub with David Braben.
As expected, a lot of question about PSVR.
Here's some of his reply.
rA3Hdoo.png

n08kUuw.png

At least he seems to imply they are actively working on it? Also I'm not Matt4045

You've been a big help in this thread. Just saying Thanks

:)

Tumble VR has some bad wobble with the moves but regardless of that I ended up having like a 3 hour session with it, its a lot of fun.

So hyped to finally own Until Dawn and VR Worlds, too bad they didnt discount Driveclub VR :(

Is Rigs still populated online?

darkwing

I'm really dissapointed with arizona sunshine and the aim controller...

Did anyone tested the game with the aim controller at all? How the fuck didn't they noticed that you can't properly aim if you have to move the aim controller in front of the headset making the camera loose track of the headset...

In farpoint you don't need to overlapse the aim controller in order to properly aim...

If I could this game would already be refunded.

you wonder what kind of play testing they did

Thewonandonly

Yes it is but it's a family pleaser. My mom hates re7 and won't last but love this even if she always ends up chickeningout. It's really fun highly recommend.

Top Bottom