• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

FingerBang

Superhot VR is the best game I played on PSVR until now and it's probably the first game to make me realize how shitty PSVR tracking is.

I think I'm going to buy an Oculus Rift just for better controls, but damn, this is a 9.5/10 for me.

Are the PSVR tracking issues a problem on the dev side or an inherent problem with the PSVR itself?

With Dick Wilde the tracking works really damn well. With Rush of Blood the tracking was just as a good but with some more wobble and crazy hands. Fantastic Contraption has decent tracking but often one of the Move's on screen with quickly fly outward and return.

Arizona Sunshine is nearly unplayable for me due to it's tracking. It's making me think it's more a dev issue?

MattAces

Are the PSVR tracking issues a problem on the dev side or an inherent problem with the PSVR itself?

With Dick Wilde the tracking works really damn well. With Rush of Blood the tracking was just as a good but with some more wobble and crazy hands. Fantastic Contraption has decent tracking but often one of the Move's on screen with quickly fly outward and return.

Arizona Sunshine is nearly unplayable for me due to it's tracking. It's making me think it's more a dev issue?

It is and it isn't. It has limitation, you can improve it. AS works really well for me, but there's a patch coming very soon to improve everything. Patch is most likely in approval already, so hopefully it drops this week.
After playing several different games, I felt that the jitter has something to do with framerate. Most games prioritize on hand movement framerate, making it extremely smooth but you can really tell that your hand in AS has lower framerate than Dick Wilde, Brookhaven and others. And of course the over-sensitiveness, maybe they set a bigger dead zone it will help. Let's just wait for the upcoming patch.

MattAces

Infinite Minigolf will have a cross-platform course library! This means you will be able to play each and every course ever created regardless of which platform are you playing on! For example: Playstation users can play holes created on Steam and every other way around!

Kilau

Is there a solution to the audio cutout issue with the included earbuds? It's so random I can't pinpoint what causes it.

MattAces

Obduction added in PSVR section
Enhanced play with 2 PS Move controllers

Good on them for including Move, now i'm interested.
XkrL2pV.png

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Thanks for making my life harder. Same boat. Plus I really need something new for my Switch.

Do we know if this is Move compatible (using the controller as a golf club)?

MattAces

Do we know if this is Move compatible (using the controller as a golf club)?

Not at launch, they said something about post launch support. But full game is in VR.
Info we got from 3 months ago was 3rd person, when the ball is moving you became the ball. Course creation is in full VR (the coolest part) and they plan on supporting Move.
Still, seeing vibrant colorful world in VR is really cool.

ISee

Does anybody know how Skyrim VR is supposed to be controlled on PSVR? Two move controllers can't work because of the missing analoge sticks...

Also a second question: How long is Archangel VR?

MattAces

Does anybody know how Skyrim VR is supposed to be controlled on PSVR? Two move controllers can't work because of the missing analoge sticks...

e3 demo only had the blink 1 meter distance movement. Full movement is on ds4 though. They said they are always looking into implementing as many option as they can. It works well in a lot of game actually, AS implementation works for me. Windland, and even the upcoming paranormal activity is doing it. You can check out paranormal activity game twitter, they have 2 videos showing it.

gstaff

You'll be able to use analog or Dual Shock. I'm actually previewing the game this week at an event using Move controllers. Works quite well.

ckohler

Superhot VR is the best game I played on PSVR until now and it's probably the first game to make me realize how shitty PSVR tracking is.

I think I'm going to buy an Oculus Rift just for better controls, but damn, this is a 9.5/10 for me.

How did you play it. I just ordered it off the store only to realize it's not available until the 21st?

XkrL2pV.png

Yes! I was going to get this on PC awhile back, so glad they announced it for PSVR. Not a walking simulator btw its a myst like puzzle game.

Kyolux

XkrL2pV.png

Been eagerly waiting for this one. Same day as Yakuza Kiwanis and Mario rabbids. Will need a few days off work for all of this. Nice to see confirmed move support.

You'll be able to use analog or Dual Shock. I'm actually previewing the game this week at an event using Move controllers. Works quite well.

Make sure to keep us updated.

BTails

Can't wait for Obduction. I loved the Myst games back in the day, and adventure/puzzle games are still my favourite genre. The format seems like a perfect fit for VR, expecting good things from this one.

Briarios

I'm going to have to wait on reviews for Archangel ... $39.99 is bit too rich for me right now.

Edit: It is listed in the totally digital sale, though -- so, maybe it will update with a discount. Worth watching.

MattAces

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYNEYQexefs
Digital Domain's Monkey King - Trailer | PSVR

Forged from 16th century Chinese mythology and brought to life through the power of VR, the tale of Sun Wukong will unfold around you like never before. Jump into this truly immersive experience and journey with Wukong along his search for the ways of the warrior in this tale of tragedy, magic and conquest.
There you go, finally a damn third person adventure.

Edit: I have no idea what genre it is supposed to be, seems like episodic...? according to an article back in Jan.
https://uploadvr.com/monkey-king-cinematic-digital-domain/

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask but I'll go ahead anyway. Do you guys think it's worth it to get Oculus if I already have PSVR? I'm relatively new to VR as I've only had the PSVR for 2 weeks but I'm a little overwhelmed reading about all the new game releases and not to mention I'm hearing that the touch controllers are better on the Oculus. Also, it seems that there are a lot of games that overlap both systems? Just looking for an honest opinion from someone that's tried both.

MattAces

Maybe this isn't the best place to ask but I'll go ahead anyway. Do you guys think it's worth it to get Oculus if I already have PSVR? I'm relatively new to VR as I've only had the PSVR for 2 weeks but I'm a little overwhelmed reading about all the new game releases and not to mention I'm hearing that the touch controllers are better on the Oculus. Also, it seems that there are a lot of games that overlap both systems? Just looking for an honest opinion from someone that's tried both.

If you mean selling PSVR getting Oculus, probably not the best idea since you just got it. If you have the extra money to spend, absolutely. Oculus has a lot of cool exclusive games. They do have a lot of crossover stuff. Timed exclusives here and there too with many of them undisclosed whether it is real exclusive.

Synth

I have both.

Yes, there's quite a lot of overlap, and many of the games that have been discussed recently in this thread have been making their way over form the PCVR side.

Whilst I would definitely recommend a Rift even if you have PSVR, I'm not sure if I'd recommend both within a few weeks of each other. I would suggest sticking with the PSVR for now, and if you're looking to get a Rift later, then possibly just reserve some of the titles that would function notably better on the Rift (a lot of the pseudo roomscale types) for when you get one. If you decide later that the PSVR is all the VR you're ready to commit to for now, then you can just pick those games up on PSVR after.

MattAces

I'm waiting for a sale. Unless there is a damn good reason, $20-$30 is my ceiling for digital game purchases.

Yea, there's absolutely no way I'm getting this anytime soon when I don't have the money :(
Thanks to the new Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer, I had to buy the entire collection, so I guess Archangel is the victim this time.

Some really glowing Archangel impressions on the PSVR Reddit.

I played Archangel for about 2-3 hours last night and really enjoyed it. (Not finished it yet)

The price tag seems a little expensive for an on-rails shooter but it's actually fairly involved. There's little in the way of strategy, but juggling your shields, weapons and melee attacks keeps you busy. More so than Rush Of Blood for example. The motion controls work well, production values are good and the whole thing's been very well choreographed to deliver a cinematic VR experience.

As a concept it's leagues ahead of the light gun days of old that I was paying way more than this price for 20+ years ago.

I'm not saying it's for everyone. People expecting Titanfall VR will be disappointed. But I have no regrets about making the purchase.

Superhot unlocking in under 3 hours for me.. cannot wait. while i wait i think i'll play a little Area X in Rez (goddamn incredible) and RE7 if i dare to continue where i left off.. (the garage boss fight ugh too intense)

also a light 20min jog and some sauna time so it's not all videogames. remember to let your brain rest from vr folks!

i love not having to always get up early, i actually have time to enjoy life.

Top Bottom