• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR Thread 2: Reloaded

Shoeless

Obduction added in PSVR section
Enhanced play with 2 PS Move controllers

Good on them for including Move, now i'm interested.
XkrL2pV.png

Oh DAMN, that's coming out in August?! I'm hyped.

Man, Matt, you're really on top of this keeping up with VR games stuff. Singapore represent, I guess.

mattmanp

If you can only afford one game on sale, I highly recommend Wayward Sky. It's very different and does cool stuff with perspective and scale. Love it!

First game from Dino Frontier devs.

MattAces

Whoops, my mistake. I spent over 10 years living in Singapore, meant that visits to KL were inevitable at some point.

Yea, it's an awful country for people who loves video games. Awful time zone too.
There's literally zero people around me that owns OR interested in VR headset. Or even a freaking PS4 to begin with, and I'm in the Computer Science field. You would assume that there would be someone who appreciates modern tech in such field, nope.

I can't hold all of these games! Archangel today, Superhot VR tomorrow Friday , Dino Frontier soon and now Obduction. WTF

You'll be able to use analog or Dual Shock. I'm actually previewing the game this week at an event using Move controllers. Works quite well.
Sweet, where? I'll swing by and try it out if that would help.

edit: I live in Baltimore so you're really just down the road

MattAces

I played Archangel for about 2-3 hours last night and really enjoyed it. (Not finished it yet)

The price tag seems a little expensive for an on-rails shooter but it's actually fairly involved. There's little in the way of strategy, but juggling your shields, weapons and melee attacks keeps you busy. More so than Rush Of Blood for example. The motion controls work well, production values are good and the whole thing's been very well choreographed to deliver a cinematic VR experience.

As a concept it's leagues ahead of the light gun days of old that I was paying way more than this price for 20+ years ago.

I'm not saying it's for everyone. People expecting Titanfall VR will be disappointed. But I have no regrets about making the purchase.

Any challenge mode? Or just story.

Shoeless

I can't hold all of these games! Archangel today, Superhot VR tomorrow Friday , Dino Frontier soon and now Obduction. WTF

I know what you mean. I thought it was going to be a pretty quiet summer, with only Yakuza Kiwami and FFXII to play. Instead, there are too many games the PSVR doesn't have to deal with.

Wayward Sky is on sale in NA and I don't know why I slept on this game. It's like looking down into a little diarama while a little action figure runs around and solves puzzles. The graphics are simple and cartoon but look great. Recommend.

dochuge

So any new Arizona Sunshine patch that now has proper aim controller support? I keep hearing a few days from the developers and nothing ever materializes.

wondermega

Superhot is unreal. Really, really good. But this mechanic is a disaster -- I've literally hit a brick wall and can't progress: https://twitter.com/_get2sammyb/status/887400079577034753

If anyone gets to this bit and passes it I'd really appreciate the tips. One of the devs kindly responded to me but I've tried his suggestion and still can't progress.

I remember getting to this in the Vive version and feeling really frustrated and confused. I think you basically have to just hold the buttons and do nothing for a couple seconds. Whatever is the "grip weapon" mechanic on the PS4.

I'm psyched that this game is for PSVR more people need to play it. It's one of the most incredible gaming experiences I've ever had for certain.

Darknight

Superhot is unreal. Really, really good. But this mechanic is a disaster -- I've literally hit a brick wall and can't progress: https://twitter.com/_get2sammyb/status/887400079577034753

If anyone gets to this bit and passes it I'd really appreciate the tips. One of the devs kindly responded to me but I've tried his suggestion and still can't progress.

How is the tracking?

This should always be the #1 thing to check on these ports.

bumpkin

Wayward Sky is on sale in NA and I don't know why I slept on this game. It's like looking down into a little diarama while a little action figure runs around and solves puzzles. The graphics are simple and cartoon but look great. Recommend.
*high five*

I bought it last year on GAF's recommendation and absolutely loved it. It's fun, charming, and immersive. It's the reason I have Dino Frontier preordered; these devs get VR and make wonderful games.

I decided to grab Drive Club VR on my way home from work, it's on clearance at Target for $11.98.

FunkMiller

Super hot VR is amazing. Have to go to bed now, so can't play more til tomorrow, but the first few 'levels' are great. Dodging bullets in VR bullet time is huge fun. A few tracking niggles, but nothing that a little resetting didn't solve straight away.

valeu

wow!! arcangel is incredible. i wasn't sure what to expect., rail shooter sounds boring. but it's super high quality, the new best looking psvr game graphically, controls really well (with Moves you can punch each hand separately, grab, shoot lazers, missiles, and you have two shields), the sense of scale is fantastic, there is a story and supportive characters chatting with you ala star fox, and most of all it's really fun. can't wait to show friends this

Played Superhot VR for an hour and it was so worth the wait, the game is awesome.

You really need to stand to play, sitting down is ok ish but grabbing things low down can be an issue for the camera tracking, standing works much better and feels more natural for the game anyway, as the character is standing.

Holding your hands / weapons still in front of you doesn't show any sign of judder like some games do, so Move accuracy seems good overall. Picking up weapons and shooting works great, throwing weapons can be a little tricky but take your time with a smooth motion and it works better than expected.

It just feels so good to play though. Shooting a guy, grabbing his gun out of the air, spinning around and shooting the guys sneaking in from the side, makes you feel like your in the Matrix, so damn satisfying.

This is a must have PSVR game, highly recommended.

MazeHaze

Banned

You have to hold the button on both hands at the same time for a couple seconds to trigger it. It's a two handed attack.

wondermega

Played Superhot VR for an hour and it was so worth the wait, the game is awesome.

You really need to stand to play, sitting down is ok ish but grabbing things low down can be an issue for the camera tracking, standing works much better and feels more natural for the game anyway, as the character is standing.

Holding your hands / weapons still in front of you doesn't show any sign of judder like some games do, so Move accuracy seems good overall. Picking up weapons and shooting works great, throwing weapons can be a little tricky but take your time with a smooth motion and it works better than expected.

It just feels so good to play though. Shooting a guy, grabbing his gun out of the air, spinning around and shooting the guys sneaking in from the side, makes you feel like your in the Matrix, so damn satisfying.

This is a must have PSVR game, highly recommended.

As I mentioned before I played the game on the Vive. There were some levels where you need to duck behind cover, sometimes I'd literally be sneaking around lying on the floor. Curious if that all made it into the PSVR version..

ckohler

As I mentioned before I played the game on the Vive. There were some levels where you need to duck behind cover, sometimes I'd literally be sneaking around lying on the floor. Curious if that all made it into the PSVR version..

Does the Vive version have any sort of locomotion or was it always pretty much sanding/ducking in a single spot? I've heard conflicting info about this.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
wow!! arcangel is incredible. i wasn't sure what to expect., rail shooter sounds boring. but it's super high quality, the new best looking psvr game graphically, controls really well (with Moves you can punch each hand separately, grab, shoot lazers, missiles, and you have two shields), the sense of scale is fantastic, there is a story and supportive characters chatting with you ala star fox, and most of all it's really fun. can't wait to show friends this

Yeah, it is quite good. My only complaint is the sound. It is Awful! I'm in a giant mech shooting off an automatic gauss cannon and massive missiles... and I can barely hear them.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I assume since they did not put Archangel up until today with a preorder discount that it being listed in the Totally Digital sale is a strong indication it will be on sale soon.

Yeah, it is quite good. My only complaint is the sound. It is Awful! I'm in a giant mech shooting off an automatic gauss cannon and massive missiles... and I can barely hear them.
That is disappointing.

NewDust

Crazy VR sale going on on the EU PSN.

Windlands €14,99
Werewolves Within €14,99
Weeping Doll €4,99
Wayward Sky €9,99
Waddle €4,99
VR Ping Pong €7,99
VR Invaders €9,99
Until Dawn: RoB €7,99
Unearthing Mars €7,99
Tumble VR €4,99
Time Machine VR 14,99/€12,14
The Brookhaven Experiment €9,99
Symphony of the Machine €10,99
Surgeon Simulator: Experience Reality €10,99
SUPERHYPERCUBE €11,99
Statik €12,99
Star Trek: Bridge Crew €34,99
Starblood Arena €14,99
Sports Bar VR €7,99
Space rift €9,99/€7,99
Robinson:The Journey €24,99
RIGS €29,99
Psychonauts In the Rhombus of Ruin €12,99
Proton Pulse + €7,99
PSVR Worlds €24,99
Pixel Gear €4,99
Pinball FX2 VR €7,99
NBA 2KVR €7,99
Mervils €7,99
Lethal VR €7,99
Korix €12,99
Keep talking and nobody explodes €6,99
Job Simulator €17,99
Holoball €7,99
Fated: The Silent Oath €5,99
Farpoint €39,99
Eagle Flight €19,99
Dying Reborn VR €5,99
Driveclub VR (discount) €9,99
Driveclub VR €19,99
Dick Wilde €8,99
Dexed €4,99
The Martian VR Experience €4,99
Carnival games €8,99
Battlezone €24,99
Batman: Arkham VR €14,99
Bandit Six €7,99
Ace Banana €6,99

Bergerac

Move tracking has been incredibly disappointing for me. Turned Superhot off after 10 minutes due to frustration.

That and dancing on the spot to move time along because there's no locomotion...

Move tracking has been incredibly disappointing for me. Turned Superhot off after 10 minutes due to frustration.

That and dancing on the spot to move time along because there's no locomotion...

Oh my, I didn't think of that considering the use of the Move controllers which probably makes a game I was thrilled to see come to PSVR a gigantic pass for me as I simply cannot stand the lack of full traditional movement in these games.

FingerBang

How did you play it. I just ordered it off the store only to realize it's not available until the 21st?

Review code. But the game is out today (19/07) in Europe anyway.

I hear you, man. It's not that bad, but it's not easy to position the camera and all and the view angle is small unless you are really far away from the camera. But then you have other kinds of issues.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Superhot VR is the goddam business. Little bit of jitter, to be expected from a game thats asking you to turn away from the camera often (I will never be able to afford Vive it seems :( ) but Matrix dodging and uzi spraying is... bellissimo.

Probably gonna pre-order Dino Frontier tomorrow because of that PS+ discount.

And now there's a damn sale on and it might be time to finally check out Psychonauts, and Holoball, and the girlfriend might want Perfect for meditation... and people are saying Archangel is actually good? Shit. I'm in trouble here.

Hats off to Sony just... thundering all these games out so "but theres no games" lads have to suck their thumbs.

ISee

I bought superhot VR a couple of days ago. The game was supposed to be available today, the timer is also gone but there is no download button...

ISee

Try going to the store from PS4 or web Download List or restart your PS4.

Thank you, I was able to find it through the "my orders" tab on the web store. The preorder "package" is apparently a different download than the "release package". Strange...

As there is a VR sale going on: Are Psychonauts and Egale Flight worth it? How long are they?

Yeah it's all in there, before I turned it off last night I got to a level where a big metal girder on a crane swings at you, killing a guy in front, so you have to hit the deck, to duck under it, so awesome. :)

Top Bottom