• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

Ar¢tos

Things should get a bit easier in a few weeks, so I’ll jump in then. It looks like my kind of game though (I’ve been crying out for a game like this in VR for ages) so I can’t wait to give it a try. The main issue I have is that the dog wakes up if I stand up, so I’m only playing a couple of sitting games in short bursts. I believe that LT is meant to be played standing ideally?
Yeah, but the dev is looking into implementing sitting scheme.
You can actually play sitting, but you will feel like a dwarf in the game, because you can't change floor height (I guess you can just imagine your character is a dwarf or halfling).

Resenge

Yeah, but the dev is looking into implementing sitting scheme.
You can actually play sitting, but you will feel like a dwarf in the game, because you can't change floor height (I guess you can just imagine your character is a dwarf or halfling).
You can actually lower the floor when you do a room scan and that will allow you to stand in game while your sitting irl.

That's how I played Pavlov seated, I lowered the floor a couple of foot below my floor. I couldnt pick up a weapon If I dropped it though but I hear its not a problem in Legendary Tales as you can pull items to you from afar. (Still have not bought the game because covid is kicking my ass, so this is all second hand info, but I will be getting it sometime)

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Anyone know how to change the player height in RE4, my char seems like a midget, it's playable but I'm a 6ft guy and it's a bit off-putting when first playing and then I become adjusted, but I can't find a setting to adjust visual height and I could've swore I seen something to adjust height but clicked through it...

fart town usa

Gold Member
Things should get a bit easier in a few weeks, so I’ll jump in then. It looks like my kind of game though (I’ve been crying out for a game like this in VR for ages) so I can’t wait to give it a try. The main issue I have is that the dog wakes up if I stand up, so I’m only playing a couple of sitting games in short bursts. I believe that LT is meant to be played standing ideally?
Yea, it's made for standing. I'm sure it's possible to play seated but it probably wouldn't be too enjoyable.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Anyone know how to change the player height in RE4, my char seems like a midget, it's playable but I'm a 6ft guy and it's a bit off-putting when first playing and then I become adjusted, but I can't find a setting to adjust visual height and I could've swore I seen something to adjust height but clicked through it...
Scan your room again and choose the option to adjust floor height. You can enter your height there and I assume that would solve the issue in RE4.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Got a Legendary drop, it's an epic spear that deals fire and lightning damage. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

This game is a riot. I'm enjoying the hell out of myself playing solo too. Solo keeps you on edge, coop feels like an arcade game. Great stuff.

w5Kyvcl.gif

fart town usa

Gold Member
Man, one thing that really sucks about PSVR2 is how freaking dark the social screen output is for dimly lit games. No one watches my channel so it's a moot point when it comes to my non-existent audience, lol, but it's such a shame cause Legendary Tales and Propagation: Paradise Hotel are near unstreamable, can't even make short clips. Sometimes I can tweak the settings in OBS and go that route but it's simply too dark in certain games and those black tones just gatekeep the image from being seen. I wonder if it stems from HDR video being projected to a non-HDR screen?

Resenge

Man, one thing that really sucks about PSVR2 is how freaking dark the social screen output is for dimly lit games. No one watches my channel so it's a moot point when it comes to my non-existent audience, lol, but it's such a shame cause Legendary Tales and Propagation: Paradise Hotel are near unstreamable, can't even make short clips. Sometimes I can tweak the settings in OBS and go that route but it's simply too dark in certain games and those black tones just gatekeep the image from being seen. I wonder if it stems from HDR video being projected to a non-HDR screen?
Link me your channel.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
It's not the HDR unless it's directly bugging it. I have HDR turned off at the system level.

Worst example of this that I've seen is Propagation.

scydrex

Finished RE4 loved it in vr. Still 8 is a better vr experience. Both games deserve to be in the top list in must play psvr2 games.

Thinking of getting Legendary tales seems good for rpg and dark soul like vr game. Who is playing Legendary Tales here? Liking it so far?

sncvsrtoip

Finished RE4 loved it in vr. Still 8 is a better vr experience. Both games deserve to be in the top list in must play psvr2 games.

Thinking of getting Legendary tales seems good for rpg and dark soul like vr game. Who is playing Legendary Tales here? Liking it so far?
fart town usa fart town usa is playing and love it. I bought it, was intrigue in first 3h but in the end repetition of enemies and fighting mechanic make me stop to play.

Ar¢tos

All PSVR reddit talks about is Legendary Tales.
It's selling more headsets than Horizon ever did.
When the price drops and I can handle VR better, I'll definitely get it.

fart town usa

Gold Member
fart town usa fart town usa is playing and love it. I bought it, was intrigue in first 3h but in the end repetition of enemies and fighting mechanic make me stop to play.
If you ever want to give it another go and in coop let me know. It'll be chill as F and I'll give you any good drops that relate to your build. PSN is virgils_mustache

------

The Foglands got a significant patch yesterday. Did a quick run and wow, it has been vastly improved based on what I played. Still has some quirks but not necessarily related to gameplay, at least from I've experienced so far, just how items are presented in shops during runs, guns are sideways and they blend into each other. Just looks janky as hell.

Here's a link to my stream from last night, time stamps in the comments and I share my thoughts throughout. I feel like I'm one of the few Foglands players who mastered the game, warts and all, so everything new was popping out at me big time.

It's on sale for $24.99 until the 29th, if this game has been on your radar and you think you might enjoy it, I think the game is in a spot to where most people would enjoy it and not get bogged down with prior issues.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member

I agree with 8 over 4 in VR. I still need to finish 4 in VR. I loved it, I don't think it was bad at all but playing it in VR made me realize how much time goes into optimizing atmosphere for a 3rd person game versus first person. I feel like 4 is just better in 3rd person when it comes to atmosphere. Game design is wild. So many things I never really considered that need to be taken into account for the player's overall experience.

Legendary Tales sets a good first impression but it desperately needs more enemy variety. It also needs to explain how systems work better, such as using your off hand to pull resources (where they are stacked) from the dominant hand before putting them into the alchemist lab, or using the teleport spell in both hands to make it work. They should also decrease the amount of time it takes to heal at a bonfire.

Otherwise, good fun solo if a bit repetitive. It's fun using new weapons and the combat is a good time.

Kupfer

I never played RE4, no version of it.
Would RE4 VR be a good first playthrough?
I loved RE8, but didn't like RE8 VR though ...

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
So jealous of y'all with a PSVR2... Wallet is hurting and tax return needs to go elsewhere. :( Playing RE7 and Astrobot Rescue Mission was so fucking amazing on PSVR1! I can't even imagine PSVR2. lol
man its such a leap over the 1st one and i loved those 2 games.. RE8 & RE4 are just something else, having said that its criminal that Astro & RE7 didnt get an upgrade to PSVR2

fart town usa

Gold Member
Me personally, I say go third person for your first time because you didn't prefer Village in VR. 4make is stunning, Capcom nailed it AFAIC.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Legendary Tales sets a good first impression but it desperately needs more enemy variety. It also needs to explain how systems work better, such as using your off hand to pull resources (where they are stacked) from the dominant hand before putting them into the alchemist lab, or using the teleport spell in both hands to make it work. They should also decrease the amount of time it takes to heal at a bonfire.

Otherwise, good fun solo if a bit repetitive. It's fun using new weapons and the combat is a good time.
It definitely has a Souls vibe when it comes to navigating menus and stuff, not necessarily a good thing for most gamers. I personally enjoy weird menus like that but yea, it's definitely not user friendly. I will say though, now that I know the game well, everything is really seamless but it took near 20 hours to get to that point which is pretty ridiculous because clearly not everyone will have the patience for it😅

Last edited:

SilentUser

So jealous of y'all with a PSVR2... Wallet is hurting and tax return needs to go elsewhere. :( Playing RE7 and Astrobot Rescue Mission was so fucking amazing on PSVR1! I can't even imagine PSVR2. lol
Hopefully you will be able to buy one soon and join us! I absolutely love it, my very first VR headset (though I had plenty of experience with other headsets, specially Quest 2 and Rift). I still prefer to play VR titles by far, it really is transformative.

SilentUser

If you didn't like Village in VR, I don't think you will like RE4 Remake in VR. I had a huge blast playing Village in VR (I think it remains as my favorite VR title yet). I feel like Village has a better VR implementation overall.

Kupfer

If you didn't like Village in VR, I don't think you will like RE4 Remake in VR. I had a huge blast playing Village in VR (I think it remains as my favorite VR title yet). I feel like Village has a better VR implementation overall.
This is what I wrote about Village some time ago:
I like RE Village and played through it a few times (non-VR) until I unlocked everything. I was looking forward to the VR version, I wanted to experience the world in VR again with my earned gear and shoot through it mindlessly. But then, the game shows me a message that the progress is not taken over (why the fuck not) after the installation of the update, I was already quite annoyed, but wanted to give it a try. When you were out of the intro and could move freely, it lost me completely, because the VR implementation is not good IMO. No collision of hands with surfaces and no physically correct moving objects in the game world. You can't sweep a plate off the table with a wave of your arm, you can't even pick it up and/or interact with anything not relevant to the game.
If RE4VR doesn't make it any better I don't see me playing it to be honest.

bumpkin

I finished Village and am currently playing through RE4, and yeah, Village is more VRAF (like Without Parole says). You do things like turn cranks and unlock gates through actual gestures. In RE4, most of those actions do the out-of-body experience thing where you suddenly see Leon in third person while he does the action. It’s kinda jarring, but it doesn’t ruin the experience.

RE4 also shows cut scenes as flat video you watch while Village keeps you in Ethan’s shoes during a lot of its cut scenes. That’s the one thing that disappointed me most, but I get that it’s a free VR update and they would have had to do a lot of work to make those VR.

Both games suffer from the same problem of in-world environments being largely set dressing with nothing being influenced by you touching things.

That said, both are equally awesome!

fart town usa

Gold Member

Perhaps something fart town usa fart town usa will enjoy, I remember him talking good things about Hubris.

Edit:

Definitely one of the better aspects of digital gaming. So cool that the developers released a free expansion out of nowhere. Definitely gonna have to try this out, really like Hubris, one of my favorite VR shooters.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Just haven’t heard any impressions here
Ahh, I think there's a few of us playing it. I've put like 22 hours into it so far.

It's great dude, it's somewhat primitive in terms of graphics and the lack of voice acting but it's charming as hell. The resolution is solid though, it takes advantage of the headset and everything is crisp and runs at a solid 90fps.

The gameplay/combat is great, the quests keep me curious about the story. Some people say there's no story but I'd say there is. It's kind of like a Souls game without all the lore. Just main quests and side quests that are kind of cryptic but not overly confusing. Basically go here and kill this, or find such and such item and bring it back to the quest giver. The dungeons are quite large, the sandbox hubworld is large enough too. There's rope climbing sections and no fall damage, taking a plunge down a hole that was like 300 feet high was so damn cool. Made me want to climb back up and do it again, lol.

Menu navigation and UI is confusing as hell at first but it's fine once you get the hang of it. You can craft weapons, potions, etc.

The combat, coop, and overall vibe is what makes it a total gem. It's just damn fun. If you like Souls games and Diablo 1/2, you really can't go wrong.

Please be careful with your surroundings though. This game will have your swinging your arms like crazy and you will do some massive damage to whatever you come in contact with in your house, lol.

If you get it and find yourself really confused by the UI, etc. just shoot me a message and we can link up in coop and I'll explain things to you. :messenger_beermugs:

scydrex

Ahh, I think there's a few of us playing it. I've put like 22 hours into it so far.

It's great dude, it's somewhat primitive in terms of graphics and the lack of voice acting but it's charming as hell. The resolution is solid though, it takes advantage of the headset and everything is crisp and runs at a solid 90fps.

The gameplay/combat is great, the quests keep me curious about the story. Some people say there's no story but I'd say there is. It's kind of like a Souls game without all the lore. Just main quests and side quests that are kind of cryptic but not overly confusing. Basically go here and kill this, or find such and such item and bring it back to the quest giver. The dungeons are quite large, the sandbox hubworld is large enough too. There's rope climbing sections and no fall damage, taking a plunge down a hole that was like 300 feet high was so damn cool. Made me want to climb back up and do it again, lol.

Menu navigation and UI is confusing as hell at first but it's fine once you get the hang of it. You can craft weapons, potions, etc.

The combat, coop, and overall vibe is what makes it a total gem. It's just damn fun. If you like Souls games and Diablo 1/2, you really can't go wrong.

Please be careful with your surroundings though. This game will have your swinging your arms like crazy and you will do some massive damage to whatever you come in contact with in your house, lol.

If you get it and find yourself really confused by the UI, etc. just shoot me a message and we can link up in coop and I'll explain things to you. :messenger_beermugs:
Just bought it. Love sould games & rpg so... Let's see how is it.

fart town usa

Gold Member

New Foglands patch fixes many issues and improved the AI and enemy count. Still has the occasional crash and VR jank, but the developers say they've pin pointed the cause of the crash and are working on a hot fix. A more elaborate patch is also being worked on.

That's a no-commentary successful run from yesterday. It goes completely off the rails. I was able to get ground pound and cards that allowed me to slow time at-will, just absolute chaos and destruction.

Top Bottom