• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation VR2 |OT| I heard it has a single cable. Is this true?

PanzerCute

What's painful about Hubris? Curious because at the upgrade stations I was pulling stuff from inventory and it was sloppy as hell. I then realized that it's context sensitive and you just reach over your shoulder and grab your resources for upgrade juice.

Tossing those jelly rope things are better when thrown underhand. That felt awful too at first cause it just wasn't working and seemed broken.

Just FYI in case those are some of your issues.

Edit- the biggest issue I had was a section in which you need to control some laser to carve something out of stone. That shit was haggard as F and seemed way more difficult/obtuse than it needed to be 😅
Well, I just think the controls are not the best: you walk too slowly, the climbing is not precise enough, I tend to unwillingly open my inventory in the middle of a fight by clicking my left wrist (trying to grab my weapon with two hands), the jumps dont have any air control etc..
I mean its not the worst but all these small things combined dont help for immersion. But the game is fine.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Well, I just think the controls are not the best: you walk too slowly, the climbing is not precise enough, I tend to unwillingly open my inventory in the middle of a fight by clicking my left wrist (trying to grab my weapon with two hands), the jumps dont have any air control etc..
I mean its not the worst but all these small things combined dont help for immersion. But the game is fine.
For sure. I hear ya.

Minsc

Gold Member
Is there any game on PS VR2 where one explores open areas or space? I think this is what VR is suited for.

Depending on how you define open areas, many many games fit. Even RE8/RE4 have fairly substantial exploration to the pacing of the games once you clear out the enemies, you can scour the entire villages for hidden items and treasure/secrets.

fart town usa

Gold Member
4.5 out of 10 👀
Are you effing kidding me!? :messenger_tears_of_joy: His reviews come off like he's writing for Pitchfork.

I stopped following him and a few other channels back in October when they started creating drama based on nothing more than their own speculation because there wasn't much of anything substantial to talk about, and they were big mad that some publishers didn't send them review codes. To me it's like VR is way too small to have the handful of decently sized channels pushing narratives of their own creation because it's a slow news week.

I still need to finish Wizards. I bruised my finger last time I played it (low ceilings, furnace pipe), and I've been horribly sick the past few days but I was really digging it. By no means a perfect game but also not egregiously flawed. It's $25 too, like what in the world do these hyper-critical people expect from these games?

One thing with VR is that some games require legit amounts of stamina and if you can't hang then yea, the experience is probably going to be miserable. There were a few parts in Wizards that legit had me back in bootcamp mindset; embrace the suck and get through it. My arms were so effing sore but I was absolutely dominating and it felt great overall. The game is quite brutal with combat at times, even on Normal.

PanzerCute

I bought Vampire and Resident Evil 4 with the new PSN sales. Started RE4 and damn this is insanely good. Not as "VR AF" as RE8 but the visuals are better and the gameplay feels so great.

And I once again advise you to buy Ghost Signal if you have not yet. I already played 14 hours and I still have quite a lot of things to do! Brilliant game!

Last edited:

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Anyone offer any tips for RE4, stuck on the section where you have to fight waves of enemies inside a dilapidated barn with some dude, fuck me is it not mental, you end up getting swarmed on all sides and when you think you've got through it up pops a bull head enemy who just keeps fucking me up, I've tried everything but each time I just can't get past it and it's starting to grate, am I doing something wrong or missing something? There's just to many of them...

Anyways it browned me off dying for the umpteenth time so I stuck on Moss2 and had forgotten how utterly gorgeous and downright magical that game is, was a nice change of pace to sit down and be inside this incredibly detailed diorama

Anyone offer any tips for RE4, stuck on the section where you have to fight waves of enemies inside a dilapidated barn with some dude, fuck me is it not mental, you end up getting swarmed on all sides and when you think you've got through it up pops a bull head enemy who just keeps fucking me up, I've tried everything but each time I just can't get past it and it's starting to grate, am I doing something wrong or missing something? There's just to many of them...

Anyways it browned me off dying for the umpteenth time so I stuck on Moss2 and had forgotten how utterly gorgeous and downright magical that game is, was a nice change of pace to sit down and be inside this incredibly detailed diorama
Before the barn, go back and see the merchant and upgrade whatever you can. Also repair the combat knife. Craft shotgun shells. Downstairs, close up at least two windows to bide time and use the pistol and knife to save ammo. Also there is an exploding barrel outside one window. Use it to take down three or more enemies. The parasite heads however should be handled with rifle if you have one. One shot one kill. Save a grenade and lots of shot gun usage for the upstairs part. That worked for me.

I found there to be a few too many challenging sections in RE4R for my liking. Still awesome but I prefer RE8 for its pacing.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member

Oh damn, if it's the part I'm thinking of, that's pretty early on. Best advice I can give is to simply leave the barn, lol. There's a door behind you you can force open (I think), or just go out the front once that bull dude barges in. Just give yourself some space and the knife is OP as shit in a bind. Just start flailing, it's pretty easy to trigger a parry.

Ditto on Moss 1&2, games are so damn good.

Edit-

Ohh, I was thinking the wrong spot. Yea, CitizenKratos CitizenKratos has you covered. I always die a few times there. You'll get it before too long.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
I bought Vampire and Resident Evil 4 with the new PSN sales. Started RE4 and damn this is insanely good. Not as "VR AF" as RE8 but the visuals are better and the gameplay feels so great.

And I once again advise you to buy Ghost Signal if you have not yet. I already played 14 hours and I still have quite a lot of things to do! Brilliant game!
I'm curious what you'll think of Vampire. I need to give it more time but I wasn't feeling it. Not that I thought it was bad. Just one of those games I played about 2.5 hours worth and lost interest.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
Before the barn, go back and see the merchant and upgrade whatever you can. Also repair the combat knife. Craft shotgun shells. Downstairs, close up at least two windows to bide time and use the pistol and knife to save ammo. Also there is an exploding barrel outside one window. Use it to take down three or more enemies. The parasite heads however should be handled with rifle if you have one. One shot one kill. Save a grenade and lots of shot gun usage for the upstairs part. That worked for me.

I found there to be a few too many challenging sections in RE4R for my liking. Still awesome but I prefer RE8 for its pacing.
I've tried everything but because I have snap turning on and the enemies are coming from below and above it's real easy to simply get swamped on all sides and I just can't get turned around to face em, not to mention juggling reloading, grabbing my knife, getting the pistol and then shotgun etc... fucking hell it's just too much, can't even find the option to turn the bloody difficulty down ffs, was thinking of trying in 3rd person 2D mode as I'd have more situational awareness but my aim would be nowhere near as good as in VR, Devs really need to put in a skip section prompt once it's picked up 5 or more attempts for sections of games that can be a bit tougher

fart town usa

Gold Member
I've tried everything but because I have snap turning on and the enemies are coming from below and above it's real easy to simply get swamped on all sides and I just can't get turned around to face em, not to mention juggling reloading, grabbing my knife, getting the pistol and then shotgun etc... fucking hell it's just too much, can't even find the option to turn the bloody difficulty down ffs, was thinking of trying in 3rd person 2D mode as I'd have more situational awareness but my aim would be nowhere near as good as in VR, Devs really need to put in a skip section prompt once it's picked up 5 or more attempts for sections of games that can be a bit tougher
Ah yea, snap turning would be a nightmare in a section like that. There's got to be a difficulty option somewhere, I think there is at least.

I wouldn't get your hopes up on trying it in 2D, if it's like Village the save files are completely separate and incompatible with either mode.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Anyone interested in joining forces and doing a PSVR2 show on YT?

I'm putting together an intro right now, and there's no rush cause I want this thing to come across like time and effort was put into it, not just some cheap content in the hopes of getting review codes. PSVR2 has no shortage of that stuff.

I have 55 games for PSVR2 and am always buying more at a steady clip. I'm tired of seeing shit reviews from people who rush through games. I want to create an outlet for something that is focused on what we're currently playing and what we enjoy about it. Enough of the, "oh it's fun but it's INDIE..." Well no shit it's indie, it's VR, of course it's indie.

I want to emulate a HappyConsoleGamer type vibe but for VR. I'm not interested in focusing on the news of week but want to focus on what we're playing, why we're playing it, and why others might want to play it too.

Feel free to reply here or shoot me a DM, I'm EST time zone but I'm sure we can plan record sessions easily enough. I'm not a stickler for professional production values but I do want to keep it classy and the audio has to be good of course. Bad audio is an absolute killer. Right now I'm thinking one show a month and if it works we could potentially do 2 shows a month.

I'm confident in post-production editing but I'm not good with fancy animations or graphics. I don't think that's necessary though. I should have the intro done sometime today and will post it here.

fart town usa

Gold Member
Wish you the best, fart town usa fart town usa ! I will 100% watch your show :) Too bad I'm way too shy and busy to actually get involved, and that's not even counting my absolute struggle when it comes to speaking in a different language :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Appreciate that.

I'm definitely gonna make it happen even if it's just me. It took me the longest to envision something I actually wanted to work on for the platform but I've had a lot of downtime the last week due to having the flu and the random ideas in my head finally came together.

fart town usa

Gold Member

Well There It Is Jurassic Park GIF

SilentUser

Guys, how's the resolution of Townsmen VR? The game got a 50% discount and I quite like the genre, but having a low resolution would be a big flaw, imo.

PanzerCute

Guys, how's the resolution of Townsmen VR? The game got a 50% discount and I quite like the genre, but having a low resolution would be a big flaw, imo.
It's one of the first game I bought on the system (as it was the one of the very few to have a physical release) and in my memories it was crystal clear! The game is nice too, but can become a bit repetitive and sometimes it's tricky to do all the tasks needed for upgrades. I also noticed some frame drops in the bigger missions. All in all it's a fun game and it's nice to have a "god game" on the system.

It's going to be the intro for specific videos. The channel is still going to largely be random streams for archival purposes.
Good luck with your channel, I'll subscribe once it's online you can count on me. I'd love to help you but I live in France so the time zones won't help, and I'm too busy to be consistent enough.

On another topic, I'm have now played 12 hours on RE4, and FFS this game is absolutely stellar. The castle is just perfection: I spend an absurd amount of time just walking and looking at everything. I wish Sony paid Capcom to have RE7, RE3 and RE2 (and all the future RE releasing on PS5) on PSVR2.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It's one of the first game I bought on the system (as it was the one of the very few to have a physical release) and in my memories it was crystal clear! The game is nice too, but can become a bit repetitive and sometimes it's tricky to do all the tasks needed for upgrades. I also noticed some frame drops in the bigger missions. All in all it's a fun game and it's nice to have a "god game" on the system.

Good luck with your channel, I'll subscribe once it's online you can count on me. I'd love to help you but I live in France so the time zones won't help, and I'm too busy to be consistent enough.

On another topic, I'm have now played 12 hours on RE4, and FFS this game is absolutely stellar. The castle is just perfection: I spend an absurd amount of time just walking and looking at everything. I wish Sony paid Capcom to have RE7, RE3 and RE2 (and all the future RE releasing on PS5) on PSVR2.

I wish Sony would take their foot of their butts and pay money to have more AAA games retrofitted for PSVR2.

SilentUser

Meteora: The Race Against Space Time​

Developer: Big Boot Games​

Shoot yourself into the nebula and join a race for survival. In this arcade combat racer, you’re not just a meteor but a force of nature. Cascade your way through a volatile universe of awe and wonder as you outmaneuver, pursue, and obliterate rival meteors in a dazzling display of strategy and skill.

Harness the power of the cosmos, level up your abilities, and climb the leaderboard in an experience that’s as thrilling as it is unforgiving. Your adventure awaits on PlayStation 5, PS VR2, and PC.

SilentUser

I've been using some unexpected (little) free time lately to deal with my VR backlog. After finishing Moss II, I'm playing Horizon and enjoying it. Reprojection doesn't bother me that much, but the resolution being at the low side does. Still worth it, though.

fart town usa

Gold Member
I've been using some unexpected (little) free time lately to deal with my VR backlog. After finishing Moss II, I'm playing Horizon and enjoying it. Reprojection doesn't bother me that much, but the resolution being at the low side does. Still worth it, though.
I actually downloaded Horizon yesterday but didn't boot it up. I never finished it at launch, itching to start a new game but gotta finish some other titles first.

It's a dope game for sure though. I'm so glad I got it. I probably mentioned it here months ago but I almost completely passed because I'm not the biggest fan of the IP and I saw people labeling it a climbing simulator but then I told myself, "WTF are you doing, this is the AAA game from Sony for their baller new headset, quit being a dumbass and get the damn game..." :messenger_grinning_sweat: . I'm glad I did.

SilentUser

I actually downloaded Horizon yesterday but didn't boot it up. I never finished it at launch, itching to start a new game but gotta finish some other titles first.

It's a dope game for sure though. I'm so glad I got it. I probably mentioned it here months ago but I almost completely passed because I'm not the biggest fan of the IP and I saw people labeling it a climbing simulator but then I told myself, "WTF are you doing, this is the AAA game from Sony for their baller new headset, quit being a dumbass and get the damn game..." :messenger_grinning_sweat: . I'm glad I did.
I'm glad I bought it, too. Well worth the price, imo, and I actually dig the climbing parts!

PanzerCute

Pcvr takes up all my time recently, but I kinda feel like good things are coming for psvr2. Looking at year 1 it's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.
GT7 and RE8 are top notch and worth the price of the headset.
People who say PSVR2 had a meh first year in terms of games are delusional, I never bought that many games in the first year of any systems. And talking specifically about VR, what headset saw the release of 4 full fledged and premium AAA games? None. Not even mentioning the very good number of very high quality AA and indie games.

Some people just want it to fail but they dont know what they are talking about, and the ones who only want AAA games have no clue about economical situation of such a niche market like VR.

But its true Sony should have proposed more first/second party stuff in a sense.

On another topic I finished RE4 yesterday, and that was fucking PHENOMENAL. I plan to have at least another run in VR in a much higher difficulty setting this time. What an insane banger of a game.

SilentUser

Full track list:
- Around The World
- Around The World / Harder Better Faster Stronger (Live 2007)
- Da Funk / Daftendirekt (Live 2007)
- Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
- Lose Yourself to Dance (feat. Pharrell Williams)
- One More Time- Technologic
- The Prime Time of Your Life/The Brainwasher/Rollin'/Alive (Live 2007)
- Veridis Quo

fart town usa

Gold Member

Full track list:
- Around The World
- Around The World / Harder Better Faster Stronger (Live 2007)
- Da Funk / Daftendirekt (Live 2007)
- Get Lucky (feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers)
- Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
- Lose Yourself to Dance (feat. Pharrell Williams)
- One More Time- Technologic
- The Prime Time of Your Life/The Brainwasher/Rollin'/Alive (Live 2007)
- Veridis Quo

Cool that they included some Alive 2007 tracks. That album is amazing.

I want a rhythm game but it's Boards of Canada. Be so cool to get lost in that vibe.

fart town usa

Gold Member
While waiting for Quantum Error to download I decided to boot up Arashi.

I'm still on the first level but I don't think anyone is missing out if they don't play this. It's not irredeemable or broken, everything works fine so far but it's just pretty meh. Graphics, textures, combat, etc. It's so incredibly easy and underwhelming, and combat has no weight. Climbing is fine and is responsive, I think it uses eye tracking for shuriken's and arrows, those have been extremely accurate so far. Your dog is cool, so it has that going for it at least.

Just an underwhelming experience across the board but I don't regret buying it for $21. 🤷‍♂️

I'll share more as I get further but yea, definitely not a Tenchu type experience at all. You can be stealthy but so far it requires zero skill.

The tutorial is pretty whack too, sometimes it just doesn't really make sense. Not that anything is overly difficult to figure out by messing with the inventory but it's just kinda weird.

I think the boss fights are supposed to be the meat of the combat, we'll see.

Top Bottom