• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation: "When Worlds Collide" [Insomniac game, leaked as R&C: Into The Nexus]

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, how unexciting is a friggin' PS3 game? It's election season Sony, Microsoft didn't kick your ass by supporting their Original Xbox in 2005.

I always appreciate Sony supporting their consoles longer than Microsoft or Nintendo. I'll be thrilled either way if this is a PS3 or PS4 game, as long as it's a good R&C game.

defaulttrillianwindowbnsmy.jpg

Totally forgot about that guy!

Yawnier

Banned
Well he works for Insomniac so it's presumably on both then.

Advent Gamer ‏@JordanBell_7 42m

@VirtuaMe I can't say anything yet,but it could be on PS4.*wink,wink*.;)

I wonder how IGN feels about all these loose lips about their ~exclusive reveal~

Well, if its not on PS4 and if it's not a crossover game either, some people are going to upset now that this guy at Insomniac has hinted at it.

Anyone else notice that on Playstation.com they put up a post detailing the entirety of the Jak and Daxter story?
It was put up yesterday so either it's a hint to the announcement tomorrow or it's to do with the collection coming out on Vita...

http://uk.playstation.com/psn/news/articles/detail/item240424/Jak-and-Daxter-The-story-so-far/?site_locale=en_GB

I really hope this is a R&C/J&D crossover game, and I also hope it's coming out for PS4 also :)

Weird timing...

On the other hand, how unexciting is a friggin' PS3 game? It's election season Sony, Microsoft didn't kick your ass by supporting their Original Xbox in 2005.

Yeah I was really happy when my xbox (original xbox) stopped getting new games as soon as they announced the 360...

Fuck that, if there is one thing sony aren't fuck ups in it's supporting their consoles with games after their newest toy is already out.

Odrion

Banned
I always appreciate Sony supporting their consoles longer than Microsoft or Nintendo. I'll be thrilled either way if this is a PS3 or PS4 game, as long as it's a good R&C game.
I appreciated the balls on Microsoft for taking Xbox 1 games, applying terrible shaders to them, and then selling them to us as 360 launch titles.

AniHawk

game needs to be more a crack in time/going commando and less of the other stuff. i hope there's never a jak crossover because that series is liquid terrible.

Jonboy

SIAP. Further confirmation it's def. Ratchet and Clank.

Insomniac Games ‏@insomniacgames 17m
Speaking of Heroes Returning. You should 'Follow Wednesday' Creative Director @BrianAllgeier as I'm sure he's excited for tomorrow too.

Brian Allgeier ‏@BrianAllgeier 11m
Very much so :) RT @insomniacgames: Speaking of Heroes Returning. @BrianAllgeier as I'm sure he's excited for tomorrow too.

Brian's bio: "A Creative Director at Insomniac Games. Known for his work on the Ratchet & Clank series."

Odrion

Banned
I appreciated the balls on Microsoft for taking Xbox 1 games, applying terrible shaders to them, and then selling them to us as 360 launch titles.

Well, I didn't appreciate that really. But guess which console wasn't being outsold by the fucking GBA SP in 2006?

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
I dunno, I want a console that I spent hundreds of dollars and invested a lot of money into to be supported as much as possible. Just because the successor is about to come out doesn't mean I want to put it in front of a firing squad.
I wouldn't mind more R&C on PS3, since the series looks really at home at this visual level. But I also wouldn't mind some multiplat support from Sony and their dev partners at least during this generational transition to compensate at least partially for the lack of BC. I do like the PS3, but I still do eventually want to retire it.

TL;DR - PS3 can be the target platform, just give me a PS4 port.

not everyone is going to go PS4 instantly
im waiting till like 2015 cause lots of games i want still coming to PS3
wait if its a Jak and Daxter x Ratchet and Clank Crossover does that mean Naughty Dog and Insomniac teamup?!

So, Ratchet and Clank by Insomniac?

Hope so, would probably buy if it's on PS4.

I liked ToD and QfB. I hav CiT in my backlog an am looking forward to playing it.

Please be a traditional Ratchet game.

Carl

+1 to the ignore list, lol. .

FFA was a spin off title that delivered all of the great R&C mechanics in really fun combat arenas, along with extremely competitive and balanced MP. To call it a piece of shit not only makes you look like a petulant little child, but it also makes you look like an elitist joke.

I'd rather be a megafan any day of the week than a hyperbolic pretentious gamer who refers to solid titles as "piles of shit".

Adding someone to your ignore list because they have a different opinion to you, lol.

FFA was shit. A4O was shit. TOD was shit.

If this is a new Ratchet game then I'm not hyped at all. If it's a Jak and Daxter or some other Sony IP returning, then I might be hyped. If it's a Ratchet/Jak crossover, then I'm slightly hyped.

ascii42

I bought the PS3 in February 2007 when it launched in Europe. That's more than six years ago. I love my PS3 but I'm ready to move on after so many years. I want to play my favorite franchise on a next gen console. I have already bought five R&C games for the PS3. That's more than enough. I want a fresh experience, graphics that astonish me instead of more of the same.

I hope Sony drops the PS3 like a hot potato and goes into full-on PS4 mode after the launch this holiday season.

That's not really Sony's MO. Shoot, Jak and Daxter: TLF and Motorstorm Arctic Rush hit the PS2 in in 2009.

Barakov

Definitely interested in a new R&C or a J&D. If it's indeed a crossover it'll interesting to see how this plays out.

Possum

Not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but there have been multiple references to Thugs-4-Less on Insomniac's Twitter. Also, Brian Allgeier's excited for tomorrow, so it must be an Allgeier game, which is hopeful.

Blow me away, Insomniac!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom