• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please do not support “EA Sports FC 24”

Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

NOPE. This shit is maximum price ($90 CAD) for a digital game.

AND you have to have an EA account,

AND you have to install EA’s software,

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Who is willingly handing over $90 to be treated this way?

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.

stn

I haven't tried Madden in years, but EA's other sports games have been garbage for a long time. They ruined NBA Live, for example, even though they had a winning formula for years and just had to build on it. The FIFA games on Switch are an abomination, for example. I'm starting to see the same diminishing effort from 2K, its only a matter of time before those games become garbage as well.

Bridges

I don't buy these games anyway, but why would you expect the game to be cheaper just because it has a different name now? When Tiger Woods stopped being associated with the PGA Tour games they didn't change the price.

The rest of your points, yeah they suck but I think they've always been the case?

ByWatterson

The Fifa trademark had precisely 0% contribution to me buying the game. If the game is good, I'll buy it. Haaland on the cover means I'll buy a physical edition too.

fascism GIF

Zones

"Who is willingly handing over $90 to be treated this way?"
Literally everyone.
I’m enjoying the closed beta 🤷‍♂️
I already preordered on the two consoles, maybe ill get it on PC too.
Already pre-ordered the normal edition on PS5, there's no way I'm not doing a Chelsea career mode now we've got Super Moises x Enzo running the midfield.
The Fifa trademark had precisely 0% contribution to me buying the game. If the game is good, I'll buy it. Haaland on the cover means I'll buy a physical edition too.
I already had it on pre-order. There's no going back now.
OP right now after reading the above comments…

giphy.gif

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Asking people to NOT buy a new FIFA (EAFC) title is like asking people to stop buying CoD or to stop giving Epic money in Fortnite.
That shit is basically standard now for some people.
Even if they know next year another one will come out with minimal upgrades theyll eat it up like its delicious.

Fifa 23 is current number 3 and number 4 most played game on Xbox Live.
Ny87q4t.png

Azurro

Banned
Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.

First of all, you are asking this on GAF. I don't think this is exactly the demographic that you want to reach, since we all here kinda pretend sports games do not exist and don't even talk that much about either Fortnite, COD or GTA5 until we read NPD and shock, they are some of the top selling games around. :p

Second of all, do you play football? They lost pretty much nothing except the license for the World Cup, they still have all the clubs and all the players. I don't know why losing the World Cup branding would result in a significant discount.

Last edited:

willothedog

At least with the Switch version you are getting value for money with all the new features that add with every iteration.

RyRy93

As much as EA are greedy I hope the game performs as well as previous entries as a fuck you to FIFA for wanting an extra 150 million dollars just to use their name.

I usually don’t buy Fifa games but made a point to buy FIFA 23 - the last full fifa game that shouldn’t be gutted with features, teams, stadiums, etc.

Not excited to pay full price for supposedly lesser games moving forward. Fuck EA for not keeping it together after all the money they got from this series

Last edited:

Ozriel

M$FT
I usually don’t buy Fifa games but made a point to buy FIFA 23 - the last full fifa game that shouldn’t be gutted with features, teams, stadiums, etc.

Not excited to pay full price for supposedly lesser games moving forward. Fuck EA for not keeping it together after all the money they got from this series

The only thing EA FC will lack from the last FIFA game is the name on the box and a World Cup mode. That’s all

StueyDuck

I don't support this or fifa because they haven't done anything with the game since fifa 2013 or somewhere around there.

And I can't even remember what the game changer was then. Now it's all FUT and MTXs so it can go eat a dick

My fifa 2013 still works fine and plays the same 🤣

Ozriel

M$FT

AND it has Denuvo.

I’m supposed to not play what I want because you just can’t be bothered to set up an EA account ?

How else does EA implement crossplay without an EA account?

Denuvo is the only shitty thing there, but I don’t see how that translates to calls for a boycott in 2023.

Last edited:

TrueGrime

AND it has Denuvo.

I hear you, OP. EA gonna' EA.

They refuse to do cross-generation matchmaking for one of their smallest populated games in the NHL series between Playstation and XBox so they can sell you their "dual entitlement" edition for $100 US. The game also doesn't release on PC.

Last edited:

UltimaKilo

Gold Member

LOL wut? There's no features being gutted, they just decided (rightly) to not pay the stupid $ for use of "FIFA". It looks like the best game yet from EA.

Boss Mog

Not only do they force the women on you (because they know a women's standalone game wouldn't sell at all) but their ratings are higher than the men's. Meanwhile back in the real world your local junior high school boys team will beat the best women's national teams 7 to 0.

NeonDelta

The fifa licence only meant the name of the game and using the world Cup name. All other licences are still there. Not sure why you expected it to be cheaper

Top Bottom