• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please do not support “EA Sports FC 24”

Banjo64

cumsessed
They used an old engine on ps3/360 gameplay was good.

Then they swapped to the "ignite engine" for 14 to 16. Gameplay was worse but still decent.

Its been frostbite from 17 onwards, its more or less a shitshow lol
As far as I know this is the first time Frostbite has been on Switch.

Frostbite™ Engine powering EA SPORTS FC™ 24 on Nintendo Switch™ for the first time in EA SPORTS™ history.

Sleepwalker

As far as I know this is the first time Frostbite has been on Switch.

Frostbite™ Engine powering EA SPORTS FC™ 24 on Nintendo Switch™ for the first time in EA SPORTS™ history.
I meant in general, yes. Switch has been stuck on the ignite engine (which is better than frostbite imo anyway lol)

e0n

Fairly sure most people install/use Steam because it’s a good product, not because they were forced to.
It being their initial library matters a lot. It inevitably opens up the same issues (maintenance downtime, additional ui/server/overlay problems). It's not surprising when devs want some control over their own software.

The only thing EA FC will lack from the last FIFA game is the name on the box and a World Cup mode. That’s all

World Cup mode practically speaking not worth $150 million. But ea has also released the same game for last 15 years and are in 10 billion+ profit. Would rather game be complete

jm89

What we need is competition, your never gonna convince football fans not to buy it. Once the footbal season starts the hype is unstoppable.

The biggest problem that is stopping competitiong is the bullshit league exlcusivity that EA keeps getting, imo it's what hampered PES for years.

Also Konami should have kept PES as a yearly buy, but they decidede to hose the franchise even more going the live service route.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

NOPE. This shit is maximum price ($90 CAD) for a digital game.

AND you have to have an EA account,

AND you have to install EA’s software,

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Who is willingly handing over $90 to be treated this way?

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.
You’re funny . None of this matters to me.

Gladly will pay and play.

Goalus

Fairly sure most people install/use Steam because it’s a good product, not because they were forced to.
I was forced when I bought the physical Age of Wonders 3 Collector's Edition. It was an extremely unpleasant surprise to learn that I had to install Steam to play the game. I felt and still feel robbed.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

NOPE. This shit is maximum price ($90 CAD) for a digital game.

AND you have to have an EA account,

AND you have to install EA’s software,

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Who is willingly handing over $90 to be treated this way?

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.
EA loses the FIFA license, and instead of cowering in weakness, they change the name AND raise the price as if it's an intentional move/rebranding. Brilliant evil bastards.

Good luck… lol

If you don’t want to buy it then don’t. Stop telling other people what to do. If people really cared then this wouldn’t be happening. Football is the biggest sport in the world and what football game are people going to play if not this? Football manager doesn’t count as it’s really nothing like FIFA. The game is going to sell like crazy as always and a new name isn’t going to change anything.

It’s easy to hate on EA but they are doing what makes them most money. I hate that I sound like I’m defending them (I guess I am a bit) but they don’t give a fuck about you and you can’t expect them to play fair. The people who buy the games are to blame and if they are happy to buy them then what’s the harm? People get a game they want and company makes money.

Maybe with this change people will refuse to put up with it any longer so we’ll see but if it sells then that’s cool too.

Last edited:

ecentre

I am waiting for that master league mode to come to efootball like they promised, and if it do, I dont need no got damn FC 24.

Tomeru

So just because it doesnt have fifa in it, it sucks? What if its actually a good game? I remember a time when pes and fifa were rivals, despite pes has no offical fifa in the game.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
“Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.
They didn't lose the FIFA licence, FIFA just kept on ratcheting the fee up until it reached the point where EA said the cost was too great and they wouldn't be paying for it.

What EA have done however is licensed just about everything else, including some new licenses:

"the rebranded franchise would retain its licences of more than 19,000 players, over 700 teams, over 100 stadiums, and over 30 leagues. New licenses include Spain's Liga F and Germany's Frauen-Bundesliga."

So, while it may no longer say FIFA and may not include The World Cup, the licenses that are included are the ones that people actually care about (the players and teams) so I'm not sure it's particularly reasonable to expect EA to reduce the price of it's game.

theHFIC

Thankful every day that “soccer fan” isn’t one of the personality types I was given in life. I stand with you, op✊

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Why on earth would losing the FIFA license make it cheaper? Games cost what games cost.

Impotaku

Unfortunately people will keep buying it especially here in the uk where a good portion of the population is infested by these things who lap up the newest "fifa"
a1e18012ae87488277acc53c30ea4657_18471.jpg

DaGwaphics

The same people that enjoyed the previous games will play the new one, the name on the box doesn't make a difference.

Buy it on discount and don't buy additional MTX, problem solved.

Why on earth would losing the FIFA license make it cheaper? Games cost what games cost.
In theory, competition would force EA to offer some additional value to compete. I forgot that their only competition currently is Konami “efootball“, which may as well not exist. The fact that people might actually believe “games cost what games cost” reveals the unhealthiness of the market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom