• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please do not support “EA Sports FC 24”

Majormaxxx

Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

NOPE. This shit is maximum price ($90 CAD) for a digital game.

AND you have to have an EA account,

AND you have to install EA’s software,

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Who is willingly handing over $90 to be treated this way?

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.
F them and the stupid name of their game.

MayauMiao

Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.

I wish I can support you but I can't since I already avoid EA games by default.

Exede

You... want a discount couse EA ist saving money couse of the name change? The content is the same, right?
I mean i will never touch a football (soccer) game ever. I dont get OPs thoughts.

I preordered it

6CkhEjP.gif

Kokoloko85

Yeah, Im not paying full price for the EA games. They dont change enough for a full release every day.
I got the last one on a cheap sale

PaintTinJr

You... want a discount couse EA ist saving money couse of the name change? The content is the same, right?
I mean i will never touch a football (soccer) game ever. I dont get OPs thoughts.
Morally the OP is bang on, even forgetting that the trash F2P clothing PES wears today in a GaaS is world's better in actual ability to express yourself in football terms, and has done since International Superstar Soccer 98 on PS1, FC 24 only has its current market share from all the parents and grand parents that bought the game for little Johnny for birthday and christmas because it had the official name of football attached, and even asking people responsible for the origins of Ultiamte team, before they worked for EA and made other named football games advocated for the importance of the Fifa license.

So in effect, if you, not you, football gamers, aren't getting the real name, now then they should gravitate to the game with the best gameplay and should expect EA to take a F2P, or massive haircut on the price of the inferior FC 24.

I hate what konami have done to PES with eFootball surrounded in MTX, but remapping the controls and just remembering to use remapped R2 skill button (when defending) to face up to/watch the ball before tackling with cross or square, and using remapped L2, to shield once in a while when receiving the ball to control it, or beginning one-twos with it will have you feeling the old PES engine +75%. Doing a few AI games at beginner and banging in 5-15 goals before playing at a higher level really does improve one's opinion of the F2P GaaS IMO.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Who still plays these games after the dynamic difficulty adjustment came out. Like how many videos are out there showing scripting

SenkiDala

AND it has Denuvo.

What means "neé"?

Cyberpunkd

What means "neé"?
Queen Elizabeth GIF

Meaning it's FIFA in everything but name. Mostly it's used to refer to a person that was known under a different surname (mostly of a husband) with a surname he/she was born with e.g. Marie Curie (neé Sklodowska, since that was her surname before she got married).

SenkiDala

Queen Elizabeth GIF

Meaning it's FIFA in everything but name. Mostly it's used to refer to a person that was known under a different surname (mostly of a husband) with a surname he/she was born with e.g. Marie Curie (neé Sklodowska, since that was her surname before she got married).
It comes from the French "né" (born) ? I'm French and I was surprised to see it written "neé". :)

PaintTinJr

I’m enjoying the closed beta 🤷‍♂️
Because your team has been playing great football in RL for at least a decade I know you know what good expressive football looks like, so forgetting I've been a United fan for decades and saying this in a neutral, love football comment, I'm disappointed you haven't been enjoying Konami's game forever- before eFootball - like the rest of the football gamer aficionados that looked to gameplay beyond licensing.

EA to take a F2P
FIFA World was rejected by the Western audience. FIFA Online (now rebranded) is big in Asia.
But the yearly game is big glamorous fun. I have the Premier League match on TV and play some squad battles on PC and I'm happy. I don't need an autistic football simulation. I played FIFA 23 for 160 hours so it's more than worth it for me.

TrebleShot

Got the EA PLAY version on PC and the trial on PS5 it utter utter shit.

They’ve done something to the defending to make it easier but that now means if you were good at defending when it was more manual it’s just automated even more for you now but you have to place your defenders in perfect alignment with the attacker and where they have boosted speed and twitchiness of attackers it’s almost impossible to to defend.

Every game I’ve played is like 4-3 , 5-2 or something stupid.

Goalkeepers are utter shite too they keep parrying and deflecting things back into play which makes the games even more ridiculous as your keeper is all over the place.

The streamers and sweaty boys are already moaning it’s too slow so any unique qualities it had over the last game will be patched out until
It’s a the spinny press spam kick n rush Mbappe fest is back.

To the lad who’s playing as City all the time , hang your head in shame. 115 charges enough said.

Banjo64

cumsessed
Because your team has been playing great football in RL for at least a decade I know you know what good expressive football looks like, so forgetting I've been a United fan for decades and saying this in a neutral, love football comment, I'm disappointed you haven't been enjoying Konami's game forever- before eFootball - like the rest of the football gamer aficionados that looked to gameplay beyond licensing.
I’ve put thousands of hours in to WE/PES/eFootball. My issue with Konami is the never ending balancing with each new season that can make the gameplay radically worse or better as they strive to make cross play with mobile work. I can no longer take playing a great game for 3 months only to find it a complete mess for the next 3.

xVodevil

Konami need to get the licence that EA threw away, bring back something like PES 2018 (not that new shitty game they have) then they will smash EA hands down.
I don't even care for license.. just bring back the old PES games FFS, let the mod community do it's magic or whatever
But I can not touch any more FIFA or FC whatever.. it's just pure trash
It's just so sad to come to this point after 15 years of playing mostly PES sometimes FIFA, when I have nothing except going back to last proper PES to play some Master League...

PaintTinJr

I’ve put thousands of hours in to WE/PES/eFootball. My issue with Konami is the never ending balancing with each new season that can make the gameplay radically worse or better as they strive to make cross play with mobile work. I can no longer take playing a great game for 3 months only to find it a complete mess for the next 3.
I would still put that outcome for free far ahead of FC 24 gameplay, even with those balance gremlins in my head killing me while I waited for my next definitieve local vs matchup, but that makes a lot more sense and I get it. You have to get your footy gaming fix somewhere, and if Konami has lost you, there's no other real option.

clarky

Gold Member
Ive never seen a gap in the market as big as this.

Someone just remake Pro evo and slap the fifa license on it. A realistic footy game with the proper license would wipe the floor with this shit.

Reactions: GHG
Lol the same ppl that buy that game year after year. Also will put extra 100 or two in the ultimate team thing. But they also pretty play that game all year long none stop. So in some ways. They get their money worth for sure. Pretty much the same kinda ppl that buy nba and madden and cod every year.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I would still put that outcome for free far ahead of FC 24 gameplay, even with those balance gremlins in my head killing me while I waited for my next definitieve local vs matchup, but that makes a lot more sense and I get it. You have to get your footy gaming fix somewhere, and if Konami has lost you, there's no other real option.
To be honest I downloaded eFootball on my laptop when 24 launched, and I still think the gameplay is better than FIFA.

That being said I’m fed up of it taking up most of my gaming time. The idea of getting FIFA was that I could just have a game or 2 once in a blue moon and not give a toss if I win, lose or draw. It’s a much more casual game compared to PES.

Rykan

Lol the same ppl that buy that game year after year. Also will put extra 100 or two in the ultimate team thing. But they also pretty play that game all year long none stop. So in some ways. They get their money worth for sure. Pretty much the same kinda ppl that buy nba and madden and cod every year.
That's the thing that I don't get.

I understand people buying “The same game” over and over again with minor tweaks, accurate roster updates etc. Whatever. If that's the game you enjoy playing, go for it. But ultimate team? You actually spend a significant amount of money collecting players that you can't carry over to the next installment?

Like...really? why would you dump money into that?

nkarafo

You need to understand, games have become mainstream for a while now and that means the standards are very low. People would buy this even if it literally spit in their faces.

PaintTinJr

To be honest I downloaded eFootball on my laptop when 24 launched, and I still think the gameplay is better than FIFA.

That being said I’m fed up of it taking up most of my gaming time. The idea of getting FIFA was that I could just have a game or 2 once in a blue moon and not give a toss if I win, lose or draw. It’s a much more casual game compared to PES.
I hate it when online gaming gets it hooks in you like that, with all the process of playing against a real person locally, but without any way to feel the game was fair and balanced, and without anyway to talk, or smack talk through the frustration with a friend, and give them the: "just one more game?", so you finish at a point you feel you held your own when the game was fair and balanced.

Sounds like even playing FC 24 might just reach the same point, and you probably need to step away for a few months. I had to do that with Splatoon 2 a few years back, and still not sure I can go back to that type of game, yet.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I guess I’m glad I’m not in to sports game….in fact only game EA ever made that I enjoyed was Dead Space.

Last edited:

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Nick Young Wtf GIF

This my follow Gaffers is what entitlement looks like.
Why would you get discount just because they lost the FIFA license?

Ozzie666

As someone who doesn’t buy or care about football. My only hope is that the games success allows EA to invest in other projects like more Jedi or improve NHL.

I don’t like EA and I don’t like EAFC, formerly known as FIFA, however I applaud EA for not paying a ridiculous 1 billion dollars a year just so they’re allowed to write FIFA in the box. The FIFA organization should be ashamed of itself for even daring to ask this amount.

Seriously, all that money literally for just 4 letters lol. Guess EAFC will have to change from FIFA World Cup to Football World Cup or something like that, but that’s a small price to pay vs this extreme greed. Wonder if FIFA would feel a billion dollars less income in their budget.

Last edited:
That's the thing that I don't get.

I understand people buying “The same game” over and over again with minor tweaks, accurate roster updates etc. Whatever. If that's the game you enjoy playing, go for it. But ultimate team? You actually spend a significant amount of money collecting players that you can't carry over to the next installment?

Like...really? why would you dump money into that?
Dude trust me. That I don’t get for sure. The madden, fifa and nba. It’s like, you have to reset and start all back over again. After you drop 100 bucks or more. Fucking crazy. If some how it carry over. I would understand. But it doesn’t at all

Dude trust me. That I don’t get for sure. The madden, fifa and nba. It’s like, you have to reset and start all back over again. After you drop 100 bucks or more. Fucking crazy. If some how it carry over. I would understand. But it doesn’t at all
You only buy things that you keep forever?

The gambling aspect is a different thing... I never put money in it but I understand why people do it.

PaintTinJr

Nick Young Wtf GIF

This my follow Gaffers is what entitlement looks like.
Why would you get discount just because they lost the FIFA license?
Alternatively the entitlement is at EA's end. 30years of competitive footy game development in the UK ended in a rubbish game with the license competing against an evolutionary footy game struggling to compete because of the license.

Why should all those other studios have gone to the wall with their game for failing to get a measly 30K sales, to break even, because they didn't have the license, but now that EA don't have the license, their product should be unaffected?

Their game is competing against a far superior F2P game, so a haircut for the loss of the license would just be a minimum readjustment IMO.

PaintTinJr

Football in the UK is described as "the beautiful game", the second one is a pun, and possibly the opinion of the person posting the thread, and the game is hugely popular by the casual masses. But the crux of the issue is that FIFA and now FC have never been the best rendition of the beautiful game, and just the one with the most authentic licensing.

The real test for losing the license will be in a few years when another game uses the Fifa license and starts picking up massive casual sales when the initial rebranding push has wanned.

Last edited:

Portugeezer

My brother used game sharing with me, I didn't want to buy it.

Game servers and bugs are trash as expected... Well, for anything that isn't ultimate team it seams.

Top Bottom