• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please do not support “EA Sports FC 24”

DonJorginho

Banned
I hate Ultimate Team normally but I do like this new Evolution feature I can't lie....

bXxVNGF.jpg

Filben

Okay, I've not supported any of their football games. The first and only FIFA I bought was 2013 and it was used from a local shop. Before that my last football game was International Superstar Soccer 64. ⚽

Catphish

Reviews for the game have so far not been particularly kind.

I let my EA Pro sub expire, and will not be renewing, so I won't get to play it. But I can play FIFA 23 on Gamepass for free.

That's more than good enough.

Just slapped on Fifa 13 on PC....

Good grief, it's so much better, and fun. Doesn't even look that much worse...

Last edited:

Tams

I mean, I never was going to buy it.

But if I had to choose between fuck EA or fuck FIFA, it would be fuck FIFA any day, every day.

DaGwaphics

Just wait a year and play it on EAPlay (like $30 a year or free with GPU) if you don't like the price. If it's like Madden there are still tons of players on these when they get added to EA Play.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
What’s the general complaints ? I enjoyed fifa 23. I skipped fifa 22 on pc due to not having console parity .

If I get this new one this year I’m going ps5.

tecmo9000

I haven't tried Madden in years, but EA's other sports games have been garbage for a long time. They ruined NBA Live, for example, even though they had a winning formula for years and just had to build on it. The FIFA games on Switch are an abomination, for example. I'm starting to see the same diminishing effort from 2K, its only a matter of time before those games become garbage as well.
2k already is.

Lillie

i always buy a copy every black friday when it goes on sale - particularly for consoles but the years when the release is on par with feature-parity with the console version I will also pick up the PC edition.

Been buying FIFA yearly since 2004. Love playing online seasons, hate ultimate team though as it's a cancer.

After watching the matches on TV i need to bring it to the game

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

FIFA 23 was #7 on NPD top 20 games of 2022, outselling games like Horizon Forbidden West, NBA 2k23, GT7 and Gotham Knights.

Times are changing
Regardless of how good a job they do with rebranding at some point a game with the Fifa branding will compete and hoover up casual sales by people that have been buying the game for other family members and don't know what the game actual is, or how it plays IMO.

How many of those casual sales will fall away probably won't be known properly until after a Christmas when the rebranding and PS5 console tie-in deal expires, so maybe Fbe 2025, but for now, a 30% drop in physical might just be lost physical to digital code copies that came with PS5 for knowledge footy game buyers, but if it isn't, then lost sales are only going to get worse as the sales from casuals that don't buy at launch start failing to materialise.

egocrata

Banned
You guys really do underestimate how much of a religion football is.

I must workship my idols. I am buying it. I am part of the problem.

Ozriel

M$FT
Regardless of how good a job they do with rebranding at some point a game with the Fifa branding will compete and hoover up casual sales by people that have been buying the game for other family members and don't know what the game actual is, or how it plays IMO.

How many of those casual sales will fall away probably won't be known properly until after a Christmas when the rebranding and PS5 console tie-in deal expires, so maybe Fbe 2025, but for now, a 30% drop in physical might just be lost physical to digital code copies that came with PS5 for knowledge footy game buyers, but if it isn't, then lost sales are only going to get worse as the sales from casuals that don't buy at launch start failing to materialise.

That’s not likely. You’re not going to get a FIFA branded console game for years, and by that time FC would have long since been cemented on as THE football game. Even for casuals

Last edited:

PaintTinJr

That’s not likely. You’re not going to get a FIFA branded console game for years, and by that time FC would have long since been cemented on as THE football game. Even for casuals
I don't think you appreciate how invisible a far superior game like ISS/WE?PES was to casuals where the end users was football mad and loved gaming. Without a FIFA name/logo the buying parent/grandparent couldn't see it. FC24 is just a random unofficial brand like PES. The conversion ratio of casuals probably won't reach 50% at the height of the rebranding, and Fifa are currently losing income, so will do a deal to slap their name on any game where they get the lion's share much sooner than you think IMO.

Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

NOPE. This shit is maximum price ($90 CAD) for a digital game.

AND you have to have an EA account,

AND you have to install EA’s software,

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Who is willingly handing over $90 to be treated this way?

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.
You sound like a snowflake who wants something cancelled because it doesn't fit their agenda... You a ResetEra spy or something?

Dont like it? Dont buy it. But dont question other people's choices based on your hatred with the current state of digital purchases.

MrA

Banned
Really not an indicator at all, especially seeing as most users pay extra to get the early access digital edition, but they will lose some minor sales here and there.
Last year fifa 2023 was up physically at launch over fifa 2022, and the digital early access was already available on fifa 2023,
Down 30% physically yoy is a big deal, this isn't the same as a 5 year gap, digital sales supplanted about 1/3 of physical sales since 2017 in the uk, but the encroachment ground to a halt over the last 2 and might even be rolling back slightly if current trends continue

DonJorginho

Banned
What’s the general complaints ? I enjoyed fifa 23. I skipped fifa 22 on pc due to not having console parity .

If I get this new one this year I’m going ps5.
Honestly the complaints I had on launch for this game have been ironed out, goalkeepers were shiter than ever and defending was unbelievably hard but both have been fixed, defending still has challenge to it but isn't impossible.

My only real complaints are a lack of new features for Career Mode and the fact EA are already killing ultimate team with so many pay to win promos, I'm facing teams filled with Icons in Division NINE! 😂

But the gameplay is surprisingly solid, the new menus are cool and intuitive, the evolutions are a great addition to Ultimate Team and there's some nice little additions to Clubs.

ClosBSAS

its a crap game. thank god i had ea play to try it. so bad. nothing has changed, same scripted bs, same shitty graphics, all fat players except for the best ones. efootball 2024 is miles ahead in terms of gameplay and if you go fully manual on that, nothing beats it in terms of realism.

too bad its a f2p trashfest with no teams and no modes but FC 2024 is just another cash grab since it has absolutlely no competition in the market it will still sell gangbusters.

VitoNotVito

Out of curiosity, I checked “FC 24” (neé FIFA) on Steam. I thought, “Since they lost the FIFA license, surely they are offering this new game at a sizeable discount”.

NOPE. This shit is maximum price ($90 CAD) for a digital game.

AND you have to have an EA account,

AND you have to install EA’s software,

AND you have to keep EA’s software running and connected to the internet at all times,

AND it has Denuvo.

Who is willingly handing over $90 to be treated this way?

Grab a used disc copy of FIFA16 if you need a FIFA game. Please do not support this predatory and callous company.
When will people understand this game isn't for "gamers", it's for football fans? They will pay any money for it and they don't even know what Denuvo is...

RAIDEN1

State of gaming these days, next to no competition in the soccer/football genre, and nothing that beats Top Spin 4 when it comes to the world of Tennis either....

Top Bottom