• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Master: Mobile game reimagines Pokemon as girls

Well, it's no SkullGirls 2: Deadly Airport, but it'll do.
onGQZQK.png

Chao

I can't understand how can anyone put so much effort in something like making a game just to rip off another game.

Unless all the art was stolen from deviant art or something.

Lagamorph

Link in the OP isn't working for me.
Can't find it on the website either, so looks like it's already been removed. Probably a takedown from Nintendo.

hohoXD123

Must have taken a lot of effort, shame it'll probably get taken down. Don't think any of the other Pokémon clones had the balls to use the same names from the series

Lagamorph

Must have taken a lot of effort, shame it'll probably get taken down. Don't think any of the other Pokémon clones had the balls to use the same names from the series

Looks like it's been taken down already.

If anyone has a working link though I'd certainly like it.
For research purposes.

I find app stores can be slow to propagate or refresh.

Evolved my Nincada girl and i really like how cool she looks haha.
Why horn drill? (no, actually I don't want to know) Why more than 1HP?

The is at least one in China (not just same names but same art too) and there was one in Russia (Nintendo eventually stepped in and some edits were made, like palette swaps and renaming).

I can guess this originated as a spin on that and then someone thought it was a clever idea to translate it.

Kuntz

All the names have been changed already.
Starter trio is "boobarcel" (lol), "vinusa" and "cheat"
mewto is "Miuty" and raikou is "Thunder king"

edit : you're still following ash ketchum's steps and taught by dr oak...

Delio

I find app stores can be slow to propagate or refresh.

Why horn drill? (no, actually I don't want to know) Why more than 1HP?.

I actually dont know why she has Horn drill. They forced me to evolve her and that was what she came with. Dunno about the HP I just assume it's them not caring about that detail lol

ReaperXL7

Here are some shots I took after I came across it this afternoon..

YMg2z9L.jpg

1OxTJhN.jpg

90n0liF.jpg

I haven't followed pokemon in a long time so I don't know all of the names but there are a lot that I know are one to one. Pikachu for instance (its weird because Pickachu is female, but Raichu is male). The male units are very few, but all of the major pokemon from atleast red blue and yellow are in this as Moe girls.

Honest question but how do some of these Asian companies get away with just ignoring copyright laws without any consequence?

Cynn

Download quickly if you have any curiosity about this at all. It will be removed quickly I bet. Like the PKMN MMO one last month.

Hahaha
holy shit at all the blatant names

"Does this dirty world still worthy to you guys? I gonna destroy it and build a new one-------belong to me!!"

Gold

Looks like they were "forced" to change the names of the "pokemon". The gameplay isn't absolutely horrible and I actually find myself playing to see more of the silly Pokemon designs.

kmfdmpig

hUhWes0.jpg

If you buy the 1200 Pokemon Stone for $30.99 five times, it's cheaper than buying one 6000 Pokemon Stone pack. :/

That's some weird pricing they have. 3000 is no savings over 300 x 10, and 6000 is marginally more than 3000 x 2.
I guess they assume that people dropping serious coin on silly games probably aren't good at math anyway.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
wait, so how is charizardgirl the trainer from the future?

also this looks like the touhou pokemon game with hi res sprites

The game is actually voiced in Japanese? That is impressive for a rip-off.

doujin work always get voiced if they needed to be, even if it's amateurish

Top Bottom