• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Master: Mobile game reimagines Pokemon as girls

Corpekata

Banned
It's funny it seems like there's more people upset at the copyright infringement and not just how fucking weird it is in general.

Golnei

It's funny it seems like there's more people upset at the copyright infringement and not just how fucking weird it is in general.

Humanised Pokemon have been commonplace for as long as Pokemon have existed; loli anthropomorphisations having almost as long and storied a history. This wouldn't even be close to the first game/hack based on the concept.

Corpekata

Banned
Humanised Pokemon have been commonplace for as long as Pokemon have existed; loli anthropomorphisations having almost as long and storied a history. This wouldn't even be close to the first game/hack based on the concept.

I mean, there being a lot of it doesn't make it not weird. See: Sonic fanbase. I'd be weirded out by a game leaning into the sketchier side of that fanbase by the content, not that Sega hadn't sued them yet.

Golnei

I mean, there being a lot of it doesn't make it not weird. See: Sonic fanbase. I'd be weirded out by a game leaning into the sketchier side of that fanbase by the content, not that Sega hadn't sued them yet.

Though that's also helped by monster girl collecting games being an established niche - if far pervier takes on the concept didn't already exist, this might have a reception closer to Sonic Dreams Collection. As it is, the hilariously brazen copyright infringement and broken English are the only things that stick out about it, with the core concept acknowledged as the more unremarkable kind of weird.

I guess there's so much now that it just doesn't seem that weird anymore.

Robotguy

The in app purchase pricing makes no fucking sense
Stones /$ / Stones per $
600 / 14.99 / 40.03
1200 / 30.99 / 38.72
300 / 7.99 / 37.55
3000 / 79.99 / 37.5
6000 / 159.99 / 37.5
358 / 9.99 / 35.84

udivision

The in app purchase pricing makes no fucking sense
Stones /$ / Stones per $
600 / 14.99 / 40.03
1200 / 30.99 / 38.72
300 / 7.99 / 37.55
3000 / 79.99 / 37.5
6000 / 159.99 / 37.5
358 / 9.99 / 35.84

lol, what the heck. I guess they didn't want you to do the math.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
1035.gif

This... is a thing...

ShinMaruku

Not gonna lie, I admire them for making the Japanese voice acting and the sheer balls on these guys. Gonna keep messing with it.

Dragoshi1

Rolling these guys now;

Charmander
Miltank
Ninjask
Sneasel
Kangaskhan
Sandslash

All I want is a Totodile though. The RNG is awful for it, I keep getting Growlithes and Rattatas from the gatcha.

Funnily enough it's not a bad game to play in short bursts

Currently rocking

Charmeleon
Vulpix
Sneasel
Togepi
Shedinja
Ponyta in reserve

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I swear the iOS storefront is basically a digital version of Atari games before the crash , lots of crap with no control over who can release games.

As far as I can tell that's most storefronts these days...Steam, App Store, and even Nintendo's eShop.

(I don't own a PS4 or XBO so I can't comment on either of those.)

Top Bottom