• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocket Master: Mobile game reimagines Pokemon as girls

Effect

They just don't give a fuck neither do apple
Money.

Has anyone sued Apple yet for their complicity in these rip offs. It's not even things that are inspired but wholesale rip offs of existing and current copyrights and trademarks. Yet they go up for sale without any problem at all. Even if they can't review every submission before it goes live there doesn't seem to be options to report things like this either from what I can gather so they can be reviewed after the fact.

Asgaro

Is that even legal?

0US7ZqM.gif

Getting this just in case it actually does disappear. And plus my curiosity has been piqued on how bad it is or how much it actually rips off.

fernoca

Hmmm..
Seems they're updating the game and making changes.

Like the version I just download from Play Store all starters names are changed (like Charmander to Vinusaur), Mewtwo to Myuti...

There was a 200+MB update at the beginning.

Still has a ton of stuff and of course the word Pokemon.

Even a ripoff ...it is a bit fun and looks quite nice. XD

R.D.Blax

Hmmm..
Seems they're updating the game and making changes.

Like the version I just download from Play Store all starters names are changed (like Charmander to Vinusaur), Mewtwo to Myuti...

There was a 200+MB update at the beginning.

Still has a ton of stuff and of course the word Pokemon.

Even a ripoff ...it is a bit fun and looks quite nice. XD

When you advance in the game, it change back to the normal name in some dialogue. They really don't give a fuck

The renames they're using are killing me. And this game is so bug ridden it's hilarious.

Bulbasaur = Boobarcel
Charmander = Vinusa
Squirtle = Cheat

Wanted to use a regular char name but it won't let me cause it's in english. It wants it in chinese. So had to get by with a randomly generated one.

edit: Finding a gold block requires tapping it for more prizes. FREAKING MARIO SOUND EFFECTS

ClearData

Knowing Nintendo why hasn't this been shot down with extreme prejudice?

Unless phones and tablets at Game Freak are playing the hell out of this right now.

ShyMel

After playing a bit more of the game, I have to say that some of the designs are pretty cool (Suicune, Meganium) and then some are just bleh (Koffing). As for the gameplay itself, I just left it auto when that became an option, then hit 2x when that unlocked as well. Also some of the questions you can answer while exploring dungeons have Digimon as possible answers which makes this even better lol.

This reminds me of pokegirls which is a more darker and FAR more sexual setting. I'm surprised I hadn't heard of a game or more popular. MGQ is probably close.

Phu

Banned
The bottom of the title screen reads:

Resist negative and unofficial games. Be aware of cheaters. Play for fun instead of addictions. Arrange your time and enjoy a healthy life.

It seems against their best interests to encourage people to resist unofficial games.

Top Bottom