• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PodcastGAF |OT|

every episode is full of self contained stories but here are some great ones to start with:

S3E20 - Security Cameras

S5E05 - I Used to Hack Baby Monitors

Nosleep Podcast – Butcherface

S3E05 - The Thing That Will Kill me

S6E18 - Black Magic

S6E18 - Nurse's Training

there's also a really fantastic one framed as one long call to a police dispatcher but i can't find it right now

Oh, I didn't know the episodes are self contained. That's great. And thank you for the recommendations.

The Flop House, which I absolutely love.

I know it's a different thing entirely but I doubt I'll want to listen to How Did This Get Made anymore because Flop House is so much funnier.

Yeah, I just got into the Flop House and it is tremendous. Listened to altogether too much of it on a road trip this past weekend and had an absolute blast. Elliot is a treasure.

avatars-000188141109-9k0yzp-t300x300.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/couchpotatosaga

Hey, so I run a podcast called Couch Potato Saga in the Morning with a friend. It's based around movies in that we review at least one movie at the end of every podcast and give an overview of the new releases for the current week. However, the news section (which takes up about half the podcast) is skewed more towards general entertainment that interests us, so we talk about anything from TV to music to video games to food. We only really watch the new movies that interest us, too, so some weeks we've reviewed stuff like Attack the Block and Birdman and Blade (which is also an attempt to not always review big blockbuster stuff).

Anyway, I'm looking for some feedback as well as putting it out there in case anyone wants to listen (also there's an iTunes link somewhere in there). We don't get a ton of views at the moment and I guess I wanna know what we can do to improve on the content side of things.

The latest episode covers Deadpool, plus some talk about the recent Batman v Superman trailer (which gets into a weird tangent about Michael Ironside) as well as that new Kanye West album. We also continue a segment we've been doing for the past few weeks where we review and rank every Dragon Ball Z movie plus some of the specials; this week it's Bardock: The Father of Goku.

https://soundcloud.com/couchpotatosaga/ep14

artworks-000147711669-fxvy1k-t300x300.jpg

Started listening to Data Skeptic. It's kind of like the Sawbones format but with data and stat-related topics. Not the humor aspect, but the format of someone in the field explaining topics (a data scientist) to a layperson (his wife), along with more detailed discussions with other experts
The Data Skeptic Podcast features conversations on topics related to data science, statistics, machine learning, artificial intelligence.
http://dataskeptic.com/

Here's a recent episode topic:
This episode is a discussion of multiple regression: the use of observations that are a vector of values to predict a response variable. For this episode, we consider how features of a home such as the number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, and square footage can predict the sale price.

Well Spotify just got podcasts. I recognized Lore, RadioLab, Night Vale, Criminal, and a ton more

Thank you for posting this. I think they announced podcast support almost a year ago (along with Running) and I was wondering where the hell it is.

While I already own Pocket Casts and love it, I think I'll at least give it a try. It seems tempting to have everything in one place.

They seem to have Radiotopia on board, which are the most important podcasts for me. We Hate Movies, too. But the Internet of Things Podcast is missing, as well as the Tested.com podcast. No Daily Tech News Show either.

yonder

Sorry if this has been answered before (search came up empty), but can anyone recommend me a podcast on skepticism? I've listened to Skeptic's Guide to the Universe for years, but I find it pretty boring nowadays. I'm just tired of the people and the format, but I still want the info, mainly the news. Would be much appreciated.

I personally listen to the following:

My Brother, My Brother & Me
Adventure Zone
Jimquisition
Biggest Problem in the Universe
Biggest Solution in the Universe
Judge John Hodgeman

I also listen to Bald Move, who run podcasts for various active TV series, but obviously only when those shows are running:

Breaking Good
Better Cast Saul
Watching Dead
Game of Thrones Podcast

I used to listen to CAGcast and Inside the Magic (a Disney podcast that focuses mainly on the parks), but haven't done so for years.

I fucking love podcasts, and don't listen to much music anymore as a result. I'd love to branch out and listen to even more, but I feel like I just about keep up withmy current lot.

dropkix

Neo Member
Guys, it's my pleasure to bring you all my new weekly podcast on all things animu, mango, and otaku culture. I will be recording episode 4 tomorrow with my excellent co-host Guillaume.

Our theme of the day will be Moe and kawaii series, and send in your song requests!

Subscribe to the podcast on youtube right here: http://bit.do/AnimeDeco

Check out the blog right here: http://www.projectvalence.com

We'll be giving a shoutout to Otakuthon every week from now until August and doing some awesome interviews during the con weekend!

Much love from the AD crew,

TrooperKhan AKA Dropkix

q53IK23.jpg

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Bill Simmons's Channel 33 is adding a political podcast to the rotation, hosted by Jon Favreau and Dan Pfieffer. First ep: https://overcast.fm/+FkNsMAnps. Secret preview ep that kind of introduces the two dudes: https://overcast.fm/+FPVnxtHDM

Jon Favreau served as director of speechwriting for President Obama.

Dan Pfeiffer served as senior adviser to Obama for strategy and communications.

thanks, this seems really interesting

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I have added to my regular podcasts:

The Bodega Boys - two Bronx dudes talking about pop culture.

Guys, We Fucked - two female comics talking about sex and giving advice.

The Way I Heard It - hosted by Mike Rowe. He has such a great voice for radio/podcasts. The episodes are really short (less than eight minutes). Just him reciting a short story.

Gamers with Jobs Conference Call - good videogame podcast. They are insightful and have interesting guests.

Alice Isn't Dead - can't really give too much of an opinion on this one, since it just launched. But the first episode was great. Along the lines of Serial podcasts. From the people behind Welcome to the Night Vale.

Hey so theres obviously a lot of us here that podcast ourselves.

Would it make sense to have a Podcasting OT? I'm thinkinng about making one for GAF.

I think it would be good to bave them be seperated so that we can have a list of all our shows. Updates, questions feedback, advice ect

We have this sort of thing for filmmaking GAF. I dont know if adding to the OT here a section four our stuff would be the best course of action although it is an alternative. Thoughts?

Hey so theres obviously a lot of us here that podcast ourselves.

Would it make sense to have a Podcasting OT? I'm thinkinng about making one for GAF.

I think it would be good to bave them be seperated so that we can have a list of all our shows. Updates, questions feedback, advice ect

We have this sort of thing for filmmaking GAF. I dont know if adding to the OT here a section four our stuff would be the best course of action although it is an alternative. Thoughts?
Definitely. If there's one for making YouTube channels and for filmmaking, I don't see why there shouldn't be one for podcasting, especially with how the medium is growing now

Definitely. If there's one for making YouTube channels and for filmmaking, I don't see why there shouldn't be one for podcasting, especially with how the medium is growing now

Cool I would be fine making the OT unless anyone else has somethhing more specific in mind. I'll comb through this for users who have their podcast and if you havent posted here yet PM me so I can have yours in the OT.

This way we can keep this thread to our thoughts on the shows we all listen to and have a seperate place to discuss our own projects.

The folks known previously as GT have started a new Patreon called Easy Allies and with it a new gaming podcast focused on current gaming events, trends, and weekly analysis. It is titled simply: The Easy Allies Podcast. If you enjoyed the various podcasts that GT formerly put out and you enjoy the personalities of GT, you might enjoy their new podcast too. Check it out:

https://soundcloud.com/easyallies

Here is a thumbnail pic that you can add to the OT, if you are so inclined.

artworks-000153807084-oq5mwc-t500x500.jpg

Lexad

Finally listening to Welcome To Night Vale, and while it's interesting and fun, sometimes it sounds like supernatural Mad Libs. Is there any overarching story or just random weirdness each episode?

Thanks, switched it out

This is the most accurate description of Nightvale I have ever heard.

I'm not sure if this is the consensus or if its just my iPhone, but the podcast app is really bad. It stalls, skips, sonetines downloads episodes really slowly, sometimes just doesn't play when you press play. Is there a better free app I can use that's as easy to use as the native app, but that always works like it's supposed to?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
My friends and I just started a video games and movies podcast last week. Planning to do it every Saturday! Working with friend on art for the show for when we actually put the podcast up for listening. Right now we all just bought equipment and are trying to get the settings down as well as the format for the podcast. Its so much fun and im super excited to get going!

When you guys are searching for the newest and latest podcasts, where do you go? What makes you want to listen to something when you see it in the list of whats available?

When we get closer to launching i will post the download link here so I can get some feedback!

The folks known previously as GT have started a new Patreon called Easy Allies and with it a new gaming podcast focused on current gaming events, trends, and weekly analysis. It is titled simply: The Easy Allies Podcast. If you enjoyed the various podcasts that GT formerly put out and you enjoy the personalities of GT, you might enjoy their new podcast too. Check it out:

https://soundcloud.com/easyallies

Here is a thumbnail pic that you can add to the OT, if you are so inclined.

artworks-000153807084-oq5mwc-t500x500.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the best gaming podcast in the business is back.

RedShift

Sips, Lewis and PyrionFlax from the Yogscast launched a new podcast last week, which is pretty funny.

It's basically just the three of them chatting shit, occasionally talking about games and answering listener questions which isn't a very original idea, but they do it well.

The first episode is mostly them coming up with a name for the podcast, and occasionally talking about fatherhood.

First episode: The Triforce #1: Sell Your Kids

(On iTunes it's in the main YogPod feed which is a bit annoying)

Halcyon

Sips, Lewis and PyrionFlax from the Yogscast launched a new podcast last week, which is pretty funny.

It's basically just the three of them chatting shit, occasionally talking about games and answering listener questions which isn't a very original idea, but they do it well.

The first episode is mostly them coming up with a name for the podcast, and occasionally talking about fatherhood.

First episode: The Triforce #1: Sell Your Kids

(On iTunes it's in the main YogPod feed which is a bit annoying)

Nice. I actually regularly watch Yogscast/sips/hatfilms content and I don't know how I don't know about this. Thanks

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Wow, make sure you listen to Bill Burr's Monday Morning Podcast for this Monday, 3/28. Some of the funniest shit that's ever happened on the podcast. I love when Bill just loses his shit. Link for the lazy: http://www.billburr.com/podcast/monday-morning-podcast-3-28-16
Goddamn hilarious episode this Monday. Love it when Nia joins and they play off each other like that.

Insomniacs have gotta check out the "Sleep With Me" podcast. I've been using it for the past week and it really works.
Thanks for sharing this, it's great. Nice having a podcast like this where part of the point is that you don't need to retain anything or even pay attention, lol. I've listened to it three times in bed so far and it really helps me take my mind off things. It's genuinely amusing a lot of times too.

Random, but also I dig how the way he talks reminds me of Royce from Transistor.

lednerg

Thanks for sharing this, it's great. Nice having a podcast like this where part of the point is that you don't need to retain anything or even pay attention, lol. I've listened to it three times in bed so far and it really helps me take my mind off things. It's genuinely amusing a lot of times too.

Random, but also I dig how the way he talks reminds me of Royce from Transistor.

Yeah, he's pretty great. Sometimes he'll give a play by play of Breaking Bad episodes as if it's a bedtime story. The concept is hilarious, yet it ends up being very soothing and effective. Here he is doing S04E07, "Problem Dog" (@49:10):

https://youtu.be/ezVUVVwmovQ?t=49m10s

His voice is so gentle and unassuming, it's perfect. And his delivery makes it so that your subconscious doesn't get a chance to dwell on things for too long. Even if you're not some chronic insomniac, it can still help you get to sleep earlier than normal. It's worth checking out.

Goddamn hilarious episode this Monday. Love it when Nia joins and they play off each other like that.

The scooter story... holy shit. I've never laughed that hard at a podcast. Seriously, what an incredible episode. Nia really brings out the special in Bill.

I just recently discovered Weird Science DC Comics Podcast. This podcast is a beautiful mess. It's two guys just talking for about 5 hours each week about DC comics and they review the books each week. They get weirdly personal sometimes and it goes crazy and its just a great big mess of weird. Probably my favorite comic podcast that I've found. It's definitely not for everybody though.

Alright I just finished sending out messages to anyone it seems like may have their own show. I have been sick for the last week and it made getting anything done difficult, let alone podcasting. My voice was very weak in the latest episodes.

I'll be posting Friday the Podcasting OT so we can keep this here about our favorite and new shows, and have a dedicated place for us Podcasters to talk shop and share our thoughts.

If you didn't receive a message feel free to send me one.

Also in other news...

My new show Unranked just got on the iTunes New and Noteworthy section! It's right on the front of the games section. Hell the only 4 shows ahead of us are from Giantbomb, GT, Car and Driver and GameSpot. Not bad for our third episode. This is the first of my shows to get on there so I'm pretty excited by it.

RiamuBME

Hey guys!

I just kinda wanted to share this cool thing that happened to me in the podcasting world.

My podcast Final Games, just got voted by GQ Magazine as one of the "Best Podcasts In 2016"! It also happens to be the only video game podcast on the list!

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/article/best-podcasts-2016

I am honestly stunned and shocked. It is such an honor to be in a list with podcasts like This American Life, In Our Time and Serial!

Wow!

Houndi101

Awesome! Let me know what you think :)

Tested out the Danny O'Dwyer episode because he's a personality I'm familiar with and that was really interesting.
For sure gonna listen to the other episodes too, keep up the good work and congratulations on the award.

obin_gam

Is the Plus Extension for Mysterious Universe worth it? When listening to the ordinary version they talk a lot about what's coming up in the + segments, and it seems so much more interesting. But at the same time a $9/month subscription for 1 podcast seems kinda expensive :/

RiamuBME

Tested out the Danny O'Dwyer episode because he's a personality I'm familiar with and that was really interesting.
For sure gonna listen to the other episodes too, keep up the good work and congratulations on the award.

Thanks! I am glad you liked it :)

Messi

Does anyone know if it is possible to get Double Toasted's podcasts on Pocketcasts? I can't find an rss that works and its really annoying :(

Are there any good podcasts videos with a wide variety of people that isn't WTF, You made it Weird or Joe Rogan? I've tried them all and I usually like them for a little bit but eventually all three of them end up absolutely annoying me. All 3 seem to love talking about their-selves or their own experiences half the time more than their guests.

Top Bottom