• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokédex 3D announced for eShop (Free). Gotta 3D 'em all!

Sounds like it could be fun "catching them all" again through QR codes and stuff. They only mention the new Pokemon though. If it doesn't have all the Pokemon then I might as well just go to a site like serebii.net on the 3DS browser while I play on my DSi. There are some really good Pokedexes with good info on the internet already. This needs to have move lists and evolution methods and all that.

Neiteio

Oni Link 666 said:
Sounds like it could be fun "catching them all" again through QR codes and stuff. They only mention the new Pokemon though. If it doesn't have all the Pokemon then I might as well just go to a site like serebii.net on the 3DS browser while I play on my DSi. This also needs detailed info on the Pokemon for me to use it as a resource. There are some really good Pokedexes with good info on the internet already. This needs to have move lists and evolution methods and all that.
It does have move lists and evolutionary chains.

7.jpg
9.jpg

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Oni Link 666 said:
Sounds like it could be fun "catching them all" again through QR codes and stuff. They only mention the new Pokemon though. If it doesn't have all the Pokemon then I might as well just go to a site like serebii.net on the 3DS browser while I play on my DSi. This also needs detailed info on the Pokemon for me to use it as a resource. There are some really good Pokedexes with good info on the internet already. This needs to have move lists and evolution methods and all that.
edit: Yeah, what Neiteio said.

It's more or less a digital version of the pokedex section of the strategy guides.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Neiteio said:
They have evolutions covered. See the Snivy screen I posted. :)
Didn't notice that! Free is great value. Doubly so since the Pokedex app I used before has been pulled from the Android marketplace.

Serenade said:
Didn't notice that! Free is great value. Doubly so since the Pokedex app I used before has been pulled from the Android marketplace.
That's probably why they did it in the first place, because they were making this.

SmithnCo

Looks cool, I wonder how they'll distribute QR codes. It could be like that old game where you scanned bar codes to get monsters. All the codes will get posted online of course but it's still a neat idea.

wonder what that 20$ balance is for. That the eshop i guess...

EDIT:ignore me...im tired as fuk reading through bloodshot eyes and not thinking

6.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
JackFrost said:
wonder what that 20$ balance is for. That the eshop i guess...

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/media/26460/4/6.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Yes, that is the eShop you're looking at. They've shown it before.

KamenSenshi

phillax said:
You take that back.
Ok, how bout free packs of 3 but you pay $3 for legendaries. Funny(or sad) to think that they could probably fund a whole generation that way. Really though this is some of the best advertising they could do to get a person thinking of the possibilities concerningf Pokemon on the 3DS. Hopefully this means they are obviously testing the eshop for its grand debut on Monday, cause I'd expect it to be hit like a Goku punching Superman considering its E3 also.

Fernando Rocker said:
A real life Pokeball with a mistery Pokemon.

dang it, I misread that as "misery pokemon" because of the bad spelling and thought nintendo did the hilarious nightmare fuel thing again.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
TheOGB said:
Well, shit. Pokemon Stadium 3DS inbound?

Or will that be after Gray 3DS?
I don't think these are for Stadium.

Redrawing all the sprites with animation for the mainline games would be a lot of work and likely make the game come out much later than I imagine Nintendo wants a new Pokemon out the door.

BooJoh

KamenSenshi said:
Ok, how bout free packs of 3 but you pay $3 for legendaries.
I could see paying a small fee for the app itself, but not for individual data, especially if that data can be freely traded among users.

If any of the Pokemon obtained in this app have a cost associated with them I would hope it won't go beyond QR codes in magazines/guides/TCG sets (will be shared, but someone will buy them for the codes anyway) or paying 3DS Play Coins for extra Pokemon.

BooJoh

Regulus Tera said:
About more than 150 Pokémon? Why such a low number?
Probably Gen 5 only. It's pretty standard for Nintendo to leave out tons of Pokemon in some of their spinoffs, and this seems to be no exception. Maybe it's because of time constraints/space limitations, or maybe it's intentional to give you a taste of what 3d Pokemon look like on a 3d screen so that when they announce a real game with battling and stuff with these models people will be even more hyped.

goomba

Banned
"Nintendo knows its target audience, because it has really narrowed that down; and it's pretty much defined by a boy or girl's ability to admire Pokemon,"

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I hope they use this as an opportunity to do new 3D models for all the old Pokemon. The fact that PokePark Wii and PBR were still using N64 models was a disgrace.

Zzoram

Would be better if it gave information about EV training points, ratio male to female spawn, breeding moves, etc.

-KRS-

Cool. I wont be there day one (because I don't have a 3DS yet) but how can I not get this, especially when it's free. It would be nice if they also updated the dex in the future with more Pokemon. I think that's something they might do if they have time over or something :p

Ookami-kun said:
I thought you can with the 3DS?

Supposedly you can use the web browser while running 3DS games, but not DS games. This is basically another game though. I doubt you would be able to run this Pokedex while running a 3DS game.

Well, I don't play Pokemon, but I'll download a free app. Might as well use the 3DS for something other than Find Mii.

Ooooh, how about a Find Pokiimon quest?

Plasma

Banned
Sounds cool, I was expecting you would have to pay for something like this, nice of Nintendo to give it out for free.

Neo Child

Banned
All we need now is Pokemon TCG in 3D with spotpass features, dlc cards, online trading/battling, AR cards, would be fantastic.

Mista Koo

When I saw this I said no way I'm buying that, but for free? Cool.

I also wouldn't mind a new Pokemon Stadium.

Linkup said:
What a waste, should have had pokemon battle on our desks and tables.
:O

It's about time Gamefreak made something like this. It's neat, but I'd be a lot more excited if I hadn't already memorized almost every Unova Pokemons' movesets and evolutionary methods.

Goddamn, I'm such a nerd.

Day 1. I'm one of the schmucks that would have easily paid for this so I'm glad its free. Please no paid DLC Nintendo, I'll have to buy 'em all... :(

OMG Aero

Why is this a killer app for me? It's just a Pokedex.
I hope it isn't like the Unova Pokedex on the official website that specifically doesn't include certain late game gen 5 Pokemon like Volcarona and the legendaries you can obtain after beating the game.

Top Bottom