• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokédex 3D announced for eShop (Free). Gotta 3D 'em all!

XxCGSxX

So we will get spot pass pokemon daily? Also what is this Pokemon AR Marker, I know it haves to do with Augmented Reality but what is the Pokemon Marker? The standard AR card or do I have to print one out? (I'm asking because it is too dark and I will try tomorrow morning). Oh and the models are AWESOME.

So, I took some pictures of the AR models in the eShop thread using the markers someone drew up, but how come the pictures can't be in 3D? Or am I doing something wrong?

XxCGSxX

Oooh so the little tetris like symbols that appear on the bottom screen are the ones I have to use along with the camera for them to appear on Augmented Reality? Am I getting this right?

NEO0MJ

XxCGSxX said:
Oooh so the little tetris like symbols that appear on the bottom screen are the ones I have to use along with the camera for them to appear on Augmented Reality? Am I getting this right?

Yes.

beje

Banned
It works even with hand-drawn codes

b1mam.jpg

UberTag

The Broken Ska Record said:
I got the same too, including Axew, Scraggy,Emolga, and Foongus. I wonder how you get more and where I can get the AR stuff from. D:
SmithnCo said:
Nice, scanning the code gets you the Pokemon model and their stickers. And I just noticed you can pause them during their animations. Someone really should make a thread for finding AR codes.
There's a thread over on Serebii where some people uploading AR images.

I've boosted my Pokedex up to 22 critters and have added the following to my roster:

Cobalion
Reshiram
Terrakion
Victini
Virizion (already posted in the Nintendo eShop thread)
Zekrom

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
I haven't gotten this to work with other Pokemon, but throwing apples to Reshiram and Zekrom (SQUEE!) sometimes throws a green apple, which results in them doing a different animation.

Izayoi

Banned
SovanJedi said:
I haven't gotten this to work with other Pokemon, but throwing apples to Reshiram and Zekrom (SQUEE!) sometimes throws a green apple, which results in them doing a different animation.
Reshiram, Zekrom, and Victini get golden apples if you are close enough to them (code takes up basically the whole screen). After you do it in AR, you can then view the hidden animation by pressing A before their first animtion has completed in the normal viewer mode. By the way, be sure to take pictures (you don't have to save them) to unlock more stickers. Once you get 30 total stickers you can throw notes, which activates a cry.

2w1yxz8.jpg

Another note, L+R triggers zoom out/in.

Check the credits out. Look how much work went into this free app. Now try and tell me it's not for a main series game.

I'm looking at you, Gravijah.

AAAHHHH

Okay, just woke up to try this. Modls are cool, and the animations are smooth.

They absolutely have to be using these models in the next game, they have to...

Also, this AR viewer is some sort of magic. Was cool to see all the models pop up when I looked at the big image up top.

FoneBone

Not a huge Pokemon fan, so I don't know how much time I'll spend with this, but it's nifty. Outstanding work on the character models.

McBacon said:
So what's the deal with the black silhouettes?
Well apparently, people can get three random Pokémon a day. The silhouettes indicate Pokémon for whom you've seen the code, but haven't recieved. Sort of like seeing a Pokémon ingame without catching it.

Did they bother to include Pikachu? I know BW has only all-new Pokemon, but not including Pikachu is at least pretty odd.

Also, how are the cries? Are they the still outdated 8-bit ones?

Gravijah

Hero of Legend said:
Did they bother to include Pikachu? I know BW has only all-new Pokemon, but not including Pikachu is at least pretty odd.

Also, how are the cries? Are they the still outdated 8-bit ones?

I don't think any of the pre-BW Pokemon are in it, and BW Pokemon have cries based on DS tech.

I hope a Stadium Game that imports the Pokemon between this app and the game is shown tomorrow. I'd eat that up, and I'm not even a Pokemon fan.

Rekubot

Fernando Rocker said:
The 3D models are very detailed... very clean textures and a very decent amount of polygons.
The animations are super neat too. Though I think they got a bit lazy with Scraggy when they made him headbutt instead of pull up his yellow skin pouch thing. Best animation so far is Zekrom, unsurprisingly.

Luigiv

MarshMellow96 said:
I've scanned them and most of them show up as shadows. I'm guessing I have to get them via spotpass or something.
Probably hit the daily limit. Try again tomorrow and see what happens.

I haven't gotten to play around with this yet, but it would've blown my mind if I were a kid. I'm so jealous of my young cousins who get to grow up with awesome tech and take it for granted, while my poor self grew up enchanted by those terribad Tiger Electronics games, if you can even call them games :p

♪ Gotta catch 'em, gotta gotta catch' em all! ♪ (sung to the beat of Bleeding Love, of course)

wow kinda suprised I scanned that whole image above and they all went through in 1 scan....thought id have to go 1 by 1.....good stuff.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I ended up with Audino, Emolga, Foongus, Minccino, Scraggy, Axew, and Hydregion. In addition to all the starters full lines, which I'm guessing everyone has.

Neo Child

Banned
Wow, I read these Pokemon names and I have no idea who you guys are talking about. I can name every Pokemon generation 1-4, but for some reason the Black/White dudes haven't sunk in yet =[

heh, I have not played any Pokemon game. But I played around in photoshop and used a randomizer to make the patterns, and while I mostly got some of the shadows (I have all now thanks to "UberTag"'s post). This marker was quite special and I found it by accident:

2v7vyix.png

This alone only shows the pokeball with no pokemon emerging. But when another marker is in sight, it doubles the pokemon on the "real" marker. Glitch!?

Magnus

So there's no interaction whatsoever between this software and any of the Pokemon games themselves?

I mean, I dig this a lot, and it's free (awesome), but what's the point? Collect them all again in this interface, and then not be able to do anything with them?

SmithnCo

Magnus said:
So there's no interaction whatsoever between this software and any of the Pokemon games themselves?

I mean, I dig this a lot, and it's free (awesome), but what's the point? Collect them all again in this interface, and then not be able to do anything with them?

I guess you could use their move info and whatnot for planning Pokemon teams. I hope this ties in with a WiiU Pokemon Stadium game or something in the future though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Found out you can change your date ahead a day and get more Pokemon...getting them all right now!

How To:
1. Set your 3DS date forward one day. I've found it also helps if you set the time to later in the day, I've got mine set for 10PM. May not be necessary.

2. Go to your main 3DS menu. Wait thirty seconds or so, enter Pokedex 3D.

3. CONGRATULATIONS. NEW POKEMON! Confirm, save to SD card.

4. Once you're viewing the new Pokemon, hit the Home button. Go straight back into the App.

5. In the top right it'll say new Pokemon. Tap it, you'll get another new Pokemon, save, and repeat step 4.

6. Once you've got your third Pokemon, start from step 1 again.

Oh, but apparently you need real life 3DS friends to get all of them...you only get one of the elemental monkey line, one of the Deerling and Sawsbuck form, and one of the Frillish/Jellicent and Unfezant genders.

Top Bottom