• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokédex 3D announced for eShop (Free). Gotta 3D 'em all!

But does that, like, mean you have to keep ahead on the date? Or can you turn it back and it doesn't go "OI!" like Nintendo games tend to.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Dunno...I imagine there might be a hiccup the first day you change back...

Anyway, when you get 100 stickers (you get 2 for every Pokemon you own that you take a picture of), you get a mode allowing you to resize the model and make them scaled to size. That explains that picture seen at the E3 Conference with the dude being dwarfed by a Gigalith standing next to him. :)

Oh, and they RUINED Palpitoad. His cute little upper lip looks like a huge genital wart from the front...

So people are already finding codes for all the pokemon? Thats awsome. But I think I'll wait for the spotpass updates to make it last longer.

Btw the first spotpass update is out. It has heatmor.

It also seems that a link to the eshop page of the pokedex appears on the 3DS Menu for people who have not downloaded it. Cool.

I must say this is a cool little app. Its really making me want a 3d main pokemon game for 3DS..

BooJoh

For my SpotPass update I got Ferroseed, Maractus, and Purrloin. It's a shame the Give/Get options don't work online, since I don't know a single person IRL with a 3DS.

Neiteio

I just checked my pokedex and I don't see any new pokemon added. I have the wireless on, and I'm in my home, which is Wi-Fi enabled. How do I receive the new Pokemon?

BooJoh

I'm not sure how exactly it works. I know someone else who also hasn't gotten it yet. For me I just had my 3DS sleeping in the cradle and when I opened it there was a blue dot on the Pokedex icon and it gave me new pokemon when I opened it up.

Aw. I got some new 'Mon when I went to the movies, I was hoping it was from that. :(

In any case, thanks for the codes on the last page, guys. I grabbed a few more 'Mons from that. :D

Gravijah

BooJoh said:
I'm not sure how exactly it works. I know someone else who also hasn't gotten it yet. For me I just had my 3DS sleeping in the cradle and when I opened it there was a blue dot on the Pokedex icon and it gave me new pokemon when I opened it up.

Mine came over spotpass at about 1:15 AM.

XxCGSxX

Did this happen to anyone else? So I got the 3 Pokemon by spotpass but when I opened the application it only gave me 1 at a time, I closed the app but when I opened it again It asked me about the new data for the 2nd time so I got my 2nd pokemon. Same thing happened with the 3rd. Is it supposed to be like that or am I missing something?

I got Tranquill, Lillipup, and Cubchoo.

I hate how you have to reload the application 3 times. Just give them to us all at once damnit.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
UberTag said:
You can scan in the entirety of the Unova pokedex placeholders here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2322298/pokemon.jpg

Still only have the 22 (16+6) full dex listings, though.

scanning that big image on my computer screen, most of them just show up as black pokemon outlines and 'unknown code'. Some that I already have show up ok.

I scanned the individual ones ok though? so I have 22 now. wonder if there is a limit to how many you can get at a time through scanning?

Rekubot

Got Golett, Solosis and that freaky ass Yamask with its dead face. His animation is a little heartbreaking.

The bubble Solosis is suspended in has some nice lighting.

mrklaw said:
I scanned the individual ones ok though? so I have 22 now. wonder if there is a limit to how many you can get at a time through scanning?
I think the ones everybody can get by scanning are restricted to the legendary pokes and the ones we all start with. The only way to get the others is by spotpass.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It sucks that the only way I saw to get stickers from the spotpass Pokemon I got was to take a picture with my phone (I don't have a camera) and then scan the AR code with my 3DS off of my phone. I'm now up to 23 different Pokemon stickers on each side.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
beje said:
It works even with hand-drawn codes

b1mam.jpg

I did this myself as well free hand. It's really pretty forgiving and easy.

Sianos

I got Vannilish, Maractus, and Roggenrola.

The legendary Pokemon models and attacks look really neat, especially Reshiram and Zekrom's second attacks.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Got Timburr, Gurdurr and Throh.

Apparently someone thinks I'm a fan of fighting Pokemon.

Gurdurr's girder sticks out of the screen nicely.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Maxrpg said:
I got Bouffalant from SpotPass today. neat!
I thought I only got one also but I got three like everyone else. I had to exit the program and close it then enter it two more times to get the other two. I'm now up to 25 with 50 stickers.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how do you get stickers? i think i got some when scanning AR codes frlm this thread, of pokemon I already have. But how can I scan otgers? make the cards myself?

wonder if there is somewhere that has all possible combinations of barcode..

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
mrklaw said:
how do you get stickers? i think i got some when scanning AR codes frlm this thread, of pokemon I already have. But how can I scan otgers? make the cards myself?

wonder if there is somewhere that has all possible combinations of barcode..
I just made a 6x6 pixel big image in Photoshop and zoomed right it and drew the codes. You get one sticker for scanning the code and another for taking a photo. You don't even need to save the photo.

GeekyDad

So, there's no way to use the Pokemon as part of augmented reality without having a printed/drawn code? I was hoping you just tell the app which Pokemon you wanted to show up. That's kind of a hassle.

EDIT: I had time to think it through.

But evidently, Pokemon do not appear in 3D when doing AR. Kinda defeats the whole purpose, dunnit?

Neiteio

I still haven't received my SpotPass Pokemon yet. :( Wireless is on. SpotPass is enabled everywhere. I've put it Sleep Mode from the Home menu at length, but no blue dots on the pokedex. When I boot up the pokedex it just goes straight to the last pokemon I viewed. What gives? :(

Neiteio said:
I still haven't received my SpotPass Pokemon yet. :( Wireless is on. SpotPass is enabled everywhere. I've put it Sleep Mode from the Home menu at length, but no blue dots on the pokedex. When I boot up the pokedex it just goes straight to the last pokemon I viewed. What gives? :(
You sure spotpass is enabled in the game? Sorry I have no idea really.

I just got 3 more pokemon. So it is a daily thing cool.

Neiteio

Wow, after trying all day to receive my three new Pokemon, I just received them now: Trubbish, Gothita and Eelektrik. The skin texture and bubble effects on Eelektrik are especially cool. (Now I -really- want to see Eelektross!)

BooJoh

When you get your SpotPass data, you don't have to open and close the app completely three times.

Load the app, get your first. Press Home, press Home again to resume the app and "New Pokemon Data!" will appear in the corner. Tap that to get your second. Repeat.

Izayoi

Banned
Zen Mode Darmanitan, Kyurem, and Vanillite. Hell yeah, motherfucker.

Doing the trick to get all of them now.

Izayoi said:
Zen Mode Darmanitan, Kyurem, and Vanillite. Hell yeah, motherfucker.

Doing the trick to get all of them now.
noooo make it last

When I think about it, wouldn't there be only about 45 days minimum of waiting to get all of the Pokémon models (for the Unova dex, that is)? Maybe we should look towards what will happen in 45 days from two days ago...July 22/23th? Eh, I'm looking too much into this.

Izayoi

Banned
ColtraineGF said:
noooo make it last

When I think about it, wouldn't there be only about 45 days minimum of waiting to get all of the Pokémon models (for the Unova dex, that is)? Maybe we should look towards what will happen in 45 days from two days ago...July 22/23th? Eh, I'm looking too much into this.
What can I say, I'm a collector.

Though it will be interesting to see what they do with the rest of the National Dex.

HOLY SHIT COFAGRIGUS LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME

Finally, Lilligant! oh god the animations are so cute

Neiteio

I got Zekrom with that QR code posted earlier, and... He's the grey shiny version. Does everyone who scans that QR code get Shiny Zekrom?

BooJoh

Neiteio said:
I got Zekrom with that QR code posted earlier, and... He's the grey shiny version. Does everyone who scans that QR code get Shiny Zekrom?
Are you sure about that? It's definitely lighter than the game sprite, but it's just for visibility I think. The shiny is more blue-grey with a green crest and blue eyes. The one I got in Pokedex is the non-shiny version, which is lighter in 3d but clearly has a blue crest and red eyes.

Top Bottom