• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disguises

I'm jealous of each and every one of you. You have to stop playing until I get my version. Thanks.

But seriously, I can't wait to get this. So many positive comments! I've been playing through Leaf Green and Emerald again thanks to the lack of Pokemon Black in my life!
Caught a Mewtwo with a great ball and beat the fire gym in Emerald by getting super lucky with just my Sceptile!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
bigdaddygamebot said:
Thank you sir.

@ the second:

If you leave the C-Gear on and walk around town, you can get survey answers from other B/W players who also have the C-Gear on, similar to the Street Pass mode for the 3DS. However, keeping the C-Gear on counts for in-game time, even if the lid is closed.

Wiseblade

Speaking of survey results, 69% (13) of people I've passed picked Tepig as their starter, 26% (5) chose Oshawott, and 5% (1) chose Snivy. Or in other words, 95% of people have no taste.

Magnus

Pignite and Emboar are phenomenal! I chose it because I always defaulted to water types in previous games, and wanted a change.

Was pleasantly surprised to see the Fighting dual type show up. Normals never stood a chance.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Speaking of survey results, 69% (13) of people I've passed picked Tepig as their starter, 26% (5) chose Oshawott, and 5% (1) chose Snivy. Or in other words, 95% of people have no taste.

Samurott is the best starter. IMO ranks up there with Empoleon (even though Empoleon has the better design and typing overall.) But only the standing, sword-wielding version... Hopefully Gray has the proper sprite for him.

Gravijah

Andrex said:
Samurott is the best starter. IMO ranks up there with Empoleon (even though Empoleon has the better design and typing overall.) But only the standing, sword-wielding version... Hopefully Gray has the proper sprite for him.

...What version is that?

iirate

I was going to pick Snivy until the last second, when I wussed out and went with Oshawott. I've picked the water starter for my first run every gen, and I just couldn't break tradition. If I do decide to pick up White as well, I'll definitely pick a Snivy.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Gravijah said:
...What version is that?

L5H0g.png

^ official art

UdGx8.jpg

^ fanart

Andrex said:
Nah, he looks better on all fours.

Gravijah

Wiseblade said:
STOP TRYING TO RUIN MY STORY

Andrex said:
Well what weapons do Emboar and Serperior have? Oh yeah, none! Stupid Serperior doesn't even have arms, the dumb head!

Skarmory.

Who is also fantastic competitively.

Hey, I like Samurott. I was just expecting swords and not cake cutters! :p

Wiseblade

Andrex said:
Well what weapons do Emboar and Serperior have? Oh yeah, none! Stupid Serperior doesn't even have arms, the dumb head!

Skarmory.

Who is also fantastic competitively.
Serperior doesn't need a weapon. He is the weapon. He's a Leaf Blade. He's really smart too. Do you know what that makes him? A Wise
leaf
blade.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Wiseblade said:
Serperior doesn't need a weapon. He is the weapon. He's a Leaf Blade. He's really smart too. Do you know what that makes him? A Wise
leaf
blade.

A wise fool maybe.

Serperior is truly terrible. I can see liking Snivy, even if I also think it's dumb to love such a lame Pokemon based on just a stupid little smirk, but Serperior? Worst evolved starter since Sceptile.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Wiseblade said:
leaf
blade.
What the hell happened to the leaf blade animation anyway? It was completely awesome in Emerald (maybe R/S as well, I don't remember) and then D/P/Pt/GH/SS/B/W all use this stupid thing with a green sword.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TSRWAjt8po#t=0m20s

Delio

Andrex said:
Well what weapons do Emboar and Serperior have? Oh yeah, none! Stupid Serperior doesn't even have arms, the dumb head!.

Pfft like Emboar needs a puny sword. He can just fall on you with fire and smash you into the ground.

JVIDICAN

Andrex said:
A wise fool maybe.

Serperior is truly terrible. I can see liking Snivy, even if I also think it's dumb to love such a lame Pokemon based on just a stupid little smirk, but Serperior? Worst evolved starter since Sceptile.
>:{
Just wait until Contrary/Leafstorm Serperior shows up! He'll wreck your shit!.. one day. :(

Gravijah

EvilMario said:
Torterra for life. I grows trees that are larger than Sceptiles and Serperiors.. on it's back!

He's pretty amazing, too. Grass starters have always been awesome, along with water starters.

Fire, though...

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Gravijah said:
He's pretty amazing, too. Grass starters have always been awesome, along with water starters.

Fire, though...
The Cyndaquil and Charmander lines were both awesome, and Blaziken was completely kick-ass. But yeah, Torchic, Combustion, and the IV and V lines were pretty weak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom