• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Black/White |OT2| International Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manus

So my team as of right now. Loving everything.

500.png

537.png

567.png

578.png

597.png

602.png

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Balb said:
That honor goes to Cyndaquil or Turtwig :p
Blargh, people really hating on the Cyndaquil line? Aside from the fact that they didn't change much between stages they were awesome, and this is from a guy who without fail picked Chikorita every time.

Delio

Green Scar said:
Hey, a Belly Drum Charizard can still turn some heads. He hasn't aged well, yeah, but it's still motherfucking Charizard

I'll give props to Belly Drum Charizard. But Stealth rock just hurts far to much.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Cyndaquil line is not that great, but Cyndaquil ITSELF is a very well designed Pokemon.

Personally, I hate Chimchar's entire line. I'm glad Speed Boost Blaziken will shit all over him now. It's really the only starter I actually loathe.

Roto13

Oops. I thought I needed a Hitmonlee so I traded a Ditto for one on the GTS, but when I checked my Pokedex, it turned out that I needed a Hitmonchan. But the Hitmonlee is level 100 with a Sassy nature so I'm not going to complain. :p

Tearing through the E4 with my level 40-48 team. Well to be more precise, Musharna/Excadrill/Carracosta are tearing through the E4. <3 bulky setup sweepers.

Wiseblade

Roto13 said:
Oops. I thought I needed a Hitmonlee so I traded a Ditto for one on the GTS, but when I checked my Pokedex, it turned out that I needed a Hitmonchan. But the Hitmonlee is level 100 with a Sassy nature so I'm not going to complain. :p
Sassy nature is terrible for a hitmonlee. -Speed +SDef? That's almost the opposite of what you want.

Roto13

Wiseblade said:
Sassy nature is terrible for a hitmonlee. -Speed +SDef? That's almost the opposite of what you want.
Unless the red stat is the raised one and the blue stat is the lowered one, that's the opposite of what Sassy is. :p

(Is that what that means? Because if it is, that's stupid.)

red13th

Does it take long for you to get Fly? Or even a bike. Heck it's really annoying having to walk to the Pokemon Center.

EDIT: Eh, got the bike two minutes after posting this. :D

Roto13

Super_Chicken said:
Anyone have a Tornadus they are willing to part with?

Friend Code:
3267 4477 3002
Normally, that's something you trade for, as opposed to just asking for it. You might get a reply if you make an offer for it.

when it comes to liking all the starters of a generation I can only say that about Gen IV and Gen I, Gen II has the worst and i like Blaziken and Swampert from Gen III .

Balb

DoomXploder7 said:
when it comes to liking all the starters of a generation I can only say that about Gen IV and Gen I, Gen II has the worst and i like Blaziken and Swampert from Gen III .

I share your same sentiments except I'd switch Gen III and Gen IV (don't like the turtwig line).

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Generation III is the most forgettable for me personally. Of course that probably has less to do with the actual quality of the generation, and more to do with the fact that I got out of Pokemon around the release of generation III.

Black and White is the first generation after the second to really get me back in. I played Diamond/Pearl but they weren't anything really special.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
DoomXploder7 said:

I agree completely, except I don't like any of the Gen 3 ones so Gen 2 takes some precedence (Cyndaquil <3.) Giant anthropomorphized fan fiction-bate chicken? No thanks. Swampert was OK but IMO Sceptile was the worst final evolved start ever.

Wiseblade

001.png
- Cool.
Spr_5b_004.png
- Cool.
Spr_5b_007.png
- Aww!

Spr_5b_002.png
- Meh.
Spr_5b_005.png
- Cooler!
Spr_5b_008.png
- Looking good.

Spr_5b_003_m.png
- Kill it with fire!
Spr_5b_006.png
- Holy Crap awesome! This is the coolest thing ever!
Spr_5b_009.png
- I'm sorry, I was wrong before. This is the coolest thing ever.

789shadow

Banned
DoomXploder7 said:
i like treecko and grovyle if it wasnt for sceptile i'd love that line.
What are we basing these on anyway? Looks, usefulness for in-game, or usefulness for metagame?
Because I have no problem with Serperior. :p

btkadams

so i've had all three starters on my team since the beginning of the game (well when you can trade), and i must say that so far in battles serperior is the most useful. emboar is great too but i find it's weaknesses to be annoying sometimes (flying/psychic) so it's definitely not the best. the starter that i actually chose from the professor was samurott and i haven't found it very useful at all. all three pokemon have great stats but i guess i just havent found many battles where samurott is the foe's weakness. all the ground/rock pokemon are best conquered by serperior with it's high speed, and there is very few fire pokemon to fight in this game. i'm sure the ice move i taught samurott will prove to be useful in online battles as well as the final elite four though.

789shadow said:
What are we basing these on anyway? Looks, usefulness for in-game, or usefulness for metagame?
Because I have no problem with Serperior. :p

personally i'm basing my opinions on how they look mostly . also Gen V i picked snivy cause i like that line, dissapointed with tepig line both in looks and it being fire/fight again and oshawott is cute and dewott is boss but the quadruped samurott is disappointing compared to dewott but growing on me.

Not hating on Charizard but at the end...it IS just a dragon. Dragons are pretty common...at least in the circles I travel in.

A giant dino-turtle with artillery guns?

Not so common.

Balb

bigdaddygamebot said:
Not hating on Charizard but at the end...it IS just a dragon. Dragons are pretty common...at least in the circles I travel in.

A giant dino-turtle with artillery guns?

Not so common.

You're not wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom