• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

Mr-Joker

Banned
I think if kanto is a hint for anything its probably a third version with kanto included, least likely a sun/moon sequel set in kanto , or a rbygsc sequel with heavy sun/moon influence if you will. But not more rb remakes. Kantoan forms would be cool

At first I was against the idea of Kanto being shoehorned back in but reflecting on my experience of Alola and how small it felt, I would be okay in going back to Kanto if it's done better than what they did in gen 2.

Yeah, but when the games get stuff that are exclusive to the remakes and not compatible with the older games, it fractures the community.

That's going to happen with or without a remake.

I don't remember a goddamn thing about Sinnoh.

You should see a doctor about that, memory loss is no joke.

Rutger

Banned
I think if kanto is a hint for anything its probably a third version with kanto included, least likely a sun/moon sequel set in kanto , or a rbygsc sequel with heavy sun/moon influence if you will. But not more rb remakes. Kantoan forms would be cool

Going to Kanto and not having the superior Johto would be disappointing, but I guess I better be ready for that.

It'd still be a fun bonus to have in Stars though, if it happens. I'm just expecting Alola forms for non-Gen 1 Pokemon and probably some new Megas too at the moment.

Rutger

Banned
laughing pokemon cats.jpg

You're going to have to explain why that's such a hilarious idea to me, because new forms for Pokemon in updates has been happening since Gen III, and they've only increased how often it happens over the years.

Game Freak has already used megas as a way to raise interest in ORAS as well as a way to shake up the competitive side without doing any major rebalancing. I see no reason not to expect more regional forms and megas going forward right now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
they're gonna add alola version mons but most likely for either gen 1 mons or mons that didn't appear in the original SM games, but with their showing I'm thinking the former.

Also aren't they obsessed with Z crystals right now?

Yeah it's been pretty quiet on the news front since Sun/Moon launched. I guess we'll get some movie news within the next week or two, since it tends to get leaked during the second week of February. So at least news will start ramping up again.

I'm still kind of interested in where they're going with this movie, even though I don't have much hopes for it being great.

celsowmbr

Banned
Hi guys ! I was researching about some video games lawsuits and I am trying to find the result of the case of Uri Geller X Nintendo. Does anyone know about the court's decision? Did Nintendo win, if yes, when ?

Thanks in advance !

WPS

Hi guys ! I was researching about some video games lawsuits and I am trying to find the result of the case of Uri Geller X Nintendo. Does anyone know about the court's decision? Did Nintendo win, if yes, when ?

Thanks in advance !

I don't think they did win. TPCi cannot use Kadabra in the TCG anymore as a result of the lawsuit, which suggests they lost.

Was bored the other day and decided to listen to some of Masuda's music before he exclusively worked on Pokemon and noticed quite a few tracks that sounded familiar:
Yoshi - Two Player Game Over/ Pokemon Center
Mendel Palace - Boss Stage/ Rival Encounter Kanto (I love how the character even resembles Blue)
Mario and Wario - Sky/ Route 25 Kanto
Pulseman - Neo Tokyo/ Rival Battle Sinnoh
Bushi Seiryūden - Earthshaker Battle/ Team Rocket Hideout Johto
Bushi Seiryūden - Shionchou Battle/ Team Magma/Aqua Leader Battle
Bushi Seiryūden - Madake Battle (This song was presumably used to test adding music to Pokemon Yellow)

Go Ichinose did this too:
Pokemon Pinball - Blue Field Theme/ Ecruteak City
Pokemon Pinball - Name Entry/ Credits Johto (People used to swear this sounded more like Sootopolis, never heard it myself)

Not implying they were lazy or anything, there's tons of composers who do this. Was just interesting to hear what are essentially the rough drafts of certain Pokemon themes.

JoeM86

I don't think they did win. TPCi cannot use Kadabra in the TCG anymore as a result of the lawsuit, which suggests they lost.

Not just the TCG.

Kadabra has only appeared in 5 episodes.

Two in 1997
One in 1998
One in 1999
One in 2005

Now that NuggetBridge is basically closed, where is the best community for the VGC? I would kind of like to try to go to a tournament at some point, but I'm way behind on what the current meta is.

Smogon would be my first thought, but the community for VGC doesn't seem super active. Maybe that's the best there is now though.

Most people here stopped watching Sun & Moon around the same time I did it seems. Didn't watch the episode with the dark Charzard kid's farm or whatever. Looks like the discussion in here stopped around that time too. Or at least the week after.

I'm gonna catch up soon.

Most people here stopped watching Sun & Moon around the same time I did it seems. Didn't watch the episode with the dark Charzard kid's farm or whatever. Looks like the discussion in here stopped around that time too. Or at least the week after.

I'm gonna catch up soon.
I was posting about it but no one cared so I was like meh lol. Lillie was ace this episode and her battling reminds me of Ash's style

Mr-Joker

Banned

I'm gonna catch up soon.

It's because nothing happens in these episode so there isn't much to talk about, I only tuned in this week episode because Lille got a new Pokémon.

There's no sense of adventure of journey and it's just really Ash's goes to school...things happens and the fact that Ash taking on the island trial was treated as a non event was also disappointing.

They need to drop the slice of life approach to the animé and get Ash off of Mele Mele Island and go on an adventure doing the Island Trial.

JoeM86

It's because nothing happens in these episode so there isn't much to talk about, I only tuned in this week episode because Lille got a new Pokémon.

There's no sense of adventure of journey and it's just really Ash's goes to school...things happens and the fact that Ash taking on the island trial was treated as a non event was also disappointing.

They need to drop the slice of life approach to the animé and get Ash off of Mele Mele Island and go on an adventure doing the Island Trial.

Nothing happens?

How about Team Rocket winning for once?

How about captures?

It's not that different to how it was. Yes, it needs a goal and the island challenge should become forefront of it, but doesn't stop it being good

I love sun and moon so much
tumblr_inline_ok540kiE7d1tvvsht_500.gif

703.gif

Actually if anything I'm liking Ash 1000% more in the SM anime. Probably because he's not doing absurd shit in battles that I'm supposed to find impressive or cool. Team Rocket is brilliant too. I think this is my favorite season in a long time (but the animation really helps).

I agree there could be more battling, because what battles there have been are a real step up from before.

Menitta

Making my new avatar made me realize that they barely used the good design for Dawn in the show. Like I had to find a good shot of her in the outfit to get a good avatar. Now it's all pixelated on the edges.

Chase17

So I think the Sun and Moon anime debuts on Disney Xd tomorrow. Haven't actually started the show yet so I think I may roll with the dub for now.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Hm what did you have that's pretty cool.

I had;

Rowlet- owned by Ash.

Rockruff- soon to be owned by Ash

Bewear- hangs out with Team Rocket.

Mareanie- owned by James

Alolan Vulpix- owned by Lille

And even though I didn't have Charizard in my first run he's owned by Kiawe in the show.

I had;

Rowlet- owned by Ash.

Rockruff- soon to be owned by Ash

Bewear- hangs out with Team Rocket.

Mareanie- owned by James

Alolan Vulpix- owned by Lille

And even though I didn't have Charizard in my first run he's owned by Kiawe in the show.
Damn that's pretty cool haha. I'll have to see what else ash gets last time we matched up was unova

JMizzlin

Playing Moon and I'm trying to Abra Synchronize my a second Naive Pheremosa (first time I've ever nature soft reset). After 20 attempts I just cannot get Naive. Any tips?

I've already caught one Naive Pheremosa, can you only catch one UB of that nature? I can't work out why this won't trigger.

I have 15 days left on my PokéBank pass. How far out can I renew it?

Edit: I guess I'll be able to renew 14 days before it expires. I Was worried I wouldn't be able to renew.

Menitta

I haven't even gotten past the 2nd island in Sun and I'm starting another Platinum playthrough. I wish I had more motivation to play Sun.

ash_ag

SM3 of TCG features Ho-Oh and Necrozma.

There's an inescapable irony on the fact that Zygarde had to wait until 2016 (three years after its debut) to get a card, while never receiving a game of its own. As an insult to injury, it didn't even receive a TCG set, debuting on a random Alakazam-starring set instead. Meanwhile, Necrozma stars on a set coming mere months after SM, before its own game, which is not only rumored to exist (a feat on its own), but will also get an unprecedentedly early release to begin with. They couldn't even wait a few more months. Get well soon Zygarde. :p

Ho-Oh is certainly interesting, because it's yet another indication that it may have a significant role in the 20th movie. Incidentally, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but a scan featuring Ash's design from the movie, as well as a short summary (nothing new or unexpected) is making rounds. Ho-Oh is mentioned yet again there, so its relevance is once again indicated not to be purely aesthetic.

Top Bottom