• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 4: "Your Portal to What's Hip and Happening in Sinnoh!"

So I've watched all 11 episodes of Pokémon Sun/Moon anime on Disney XD and ehh..

It feels like this season we're following Ash's day to day life instead of seeing a adventure in a new region. Granted that I've only seen 11 episodes of season 20 buy where's the Pokémon battles? Say what you will about the Black/White anime but one thing I liked about Black/White anime is we got the 8 gym battles and 3 maybe 4 filler tournaments.

I wish there was a spin off anime that's focuses on catching, raising, training, and battling Pokémon to go along with this series which is supposed to show Ash being Ash just in a new region.

So I've watched all 11 episodes of Pokémon Sun/Moon anime on Disney XD and ehh..

It feels like this season we're following Ash's day to day life instead of seeing a adventure in a new region. Granted that I've only seen 11 episodes of season 20 buy where's the Pokémon battles? Say what you will about the Black/White anime but one thing I liked about Black/White anime is we got the 8 gym battles and 3 maybe 4 filler tournaments.

I wish there was a spin off anime that's focuses on catching, raising, training, and battling Pokémon to go along with this series which is supposed to show Ash being Ash just in a new region.
I'm bored as hell with sun and moon. Probably the first time ever where I don't care what ashs team is because we barley see battles. Bored of the poke school already and melemele.

most of the pokemon seasons have similar amount of filler.
the main difference being that XY was still doing the same thing with team rocket for a lot of it and now they have a slightly different gimmick.

in the first 20 or so episodes they do go through battles with the tapu, the trial totem, and the island kahuna if thats what you were wondering and they all have some nice sakuga animation.

also some of the "filler" episodes are actually quite entertaining this time :)

its certainly more goofy and less "cool", but as an adult I couldnt care less about how cool greninja with human hair doing non canon giant energy moves is while the Jpop/rock theme music plays.
orchestrations of the game music are always done well in these series

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ehh, Team Rocket tried a lot of different things in the middle of XY, with stuff like finding Mega Stones on their own and even avoiding Ash because they knew their plan would backfire if they meet him.

I actually liked what they did to them, making them appear sparsely especially when there's a tight plot or stuff.

And I disagree on "this time", they've been entertaining even before. Like I said, Pokeball Factory is a filler yet one of the best animated episodes.

lol, I just meant how they still frequently appear with a mechanism to catch pikachu and then get blasted off. Now they get saved by the bear, but at least its different. That and they now have one of the most popular new pokemon as a creepy anti-pikachu.

I feel like ive seen some of the better side stories with Z moves being used in a ridiculous game of baseball (they're self aware of how silly this stuff is), or a Pokemon losing their surrogate parent to old age. But its still very early on so its a bit hard to gauge the overall content.

of course theres also stuff thats really kind of pointless stuff like the pancake race.

And of course Lillie now has the best Pokemon in the anime :)

really though, every pokemon anime is mediocre and we're all weird adults for watching them :)

For how common trading is in the games they dont seem to really do that in the show.
I can only recall ash trading his butterfree and then wanting it back

Boss Doggie

last I recall Jessie wanted to trade her pumkaboo for a pokemon because some guy's pumpkaboo fell in love with her, but then she evolved and so the pumpkaboo didn't want her anymore

Pokemon Stars Direct this week guys,

B E L I E V E

Still got a little time before e3

They'd be cutting it pretty close haha. At this point, it would make sense from Nintendo's perspective to just hold off until E3 if they have something. TPC doesn't play like that though lol.

This week feels like the absolute latest for an announcement before E3. If there's nothing, then they're either holding onto it, or there's actually no game this year.

Either way, I'll be glad when the "SINNOH REMAKES WHEN" crowd on twitter will stop.

They'll never stop, will they?

I'd honestly prefer it, but I don't know if TPC would want a big reveal like that to be wedged into an hour-long video. They didn't even hold off until E3 for Mystery Dungeon. They're probably the only reason Pokemon reveals get their own directs. Maybe they listened for once haha.

The direct predictions from a few weeks ago had decent theories. Precedent for a May announcement, an extra space being recently removed from the direct page, and the Sun/Moon direct/trailer being removed from the US/JP Youtube channels around March/April. Well, there was a direct, it just wasn't for Pokemon lol.

I'd honestly prefer it, but I don't know if TPC would want a big reveal like that to be wedged into an hour-long video. They didn't even hold off until E3 for Mystery Dungeon. They're probably the only reason Pokemon reveals get their own directs. Maybe they listened for once haha.

The direct predictions from a few weeks ago had decent theories. Precedent for a May announcement, an extra space being recently removed from the direct page, and the Sun/Moon direct/trailer being removed from the US/JP Youtube channels around March/April. Well, there was a direct, it just wasn't for Pokemon lol.

wow the salt in the replies lol
I like the one guy who just wanted the world to know he doesnt like pokemon games

Boss Doggie

IKU ZE

DBNFrTJUIAAekPr.jpg

eHaD9QK.jpg

Boss Doggie

I am laughing at people who fell for the Pokemon Switch feed lmao

Anyway gonna get this Pokken DX when the time comes. Also I hope this means no Decidueye in Smash.

Mr-Joker

Banned
So Ultra Sun and Moon huh, sweet I am hyped for a new Pokémon game. Plus it's perfect timing as playing Pokémon Moon left me wanting more.

The worst part is, this means the life of 7th gen will be cut short.

Why do the best gens have to be the shortest.

Well it could have been worse, they could have skipped the third version for Gen 7 and shoehorned Necrozma and his new form in gen 8.

when-zygarde-didnt-get-his-own-game-i-cant-believe-1210449.png

God gen 6 was a colossal disappointment and I am glad that gen 7 is taking steps in fixing that mistake.

Top Bottom