• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

PK Gaming

lol this may sound contrived but I fucking LOVE DD scrafty in OU.

What the hell walls that thing? Dragon Dance / HJK / Ice Punch / Crunch destroys everything. Its a pity its outsped by a ton of scarfers / pokemon with 115+ speed, but I still think its decent. Don't even get me started in UU, its a monster there.

Why was he even banned again, wasn't it because of Tyranitar's sand boosting his evasion?

Pretty much. Garchomp is a touchy subject, and a fair amount of people felt that it shouldn't have been banned, but the bottom line is Garchomp in the sand is extremely pwoerful.

Firestorm

Ninetales is pretty terrible even with Drought. It's kind of a shame because Sun could really use more help =/

I think Garchomp getting banned was the moment when I stopped paying attention to Smogon et al.
I wanted to say Blaziken until I remembered that I had stopped paying attention by then. I still remember thinking the Blaziken thing was a running joke about how ridiculous the bans are until I actually looked it up and found out it actually happened :lol

gosox333

I wonder if they'll keep doing the dragon uber thing. This was the first gen they had one that didn't have a 4x weakness to ice, but that's just because they ran out of typing combinations. Anyway, here's to hoping they switch it up next gen. And to hoping they top Garchomp, just for the hell of it.

Say, Greenscar, how's that Nuzlocke coming along?

And yes, I wholeheartedly agree that Smogon tiers are jank. That's why we have Nuggetbridge for all of our competitive needs!

PK Gaming

And yet they don't do anything about the weather inducers/abusers like they did with rain.

Yes, I have an agenda.

Well you do have a point, and I know a bunch of users who would rather have weather as a whole banned. It comes down to treating the symptom (abuser) vs treating the problem (weather starter).

Rain was a little unique though, I can think of a ton of swift swimmers that are broken under that weather condition. If Drizzle as a whole were to be banned, OU would be pretty much be sand vs sun.............

MikeMyers

Best sandstream team, if there was no cheap bans.

Tyranitar
Garchomp
Forettress
Excradrill
Gliscor
Chikorita
Just kidding, Goku should be #6

Kokonoe

Banned
Pokemon through the past few gens has been pumping out more dual typed Pokemon, and dual type Pokemon tend to be the best due to their coverage, resistances, and move pool. I'm beginning to wonder if something should be done about singular types as they seem to be at a disadvantage.

gosox333

Pokemon through the past few gens has been pumping out more dual typed Pokemon, and dual type Pokemon tend to be the best due to their coverage, resistances, and move pool. I'm beginning to wonder if something should be done about singular types as they seem to be at a disadvantage.

I think it's fine. Most of the time, adding another type to the mix opens up a whole new set of disadvantages along with all those benefits. It might not completely balance out, but it does make things a little more even.

PK Gaming

Shinies throughout the ages

Unown-D in Pokemon Gold (gone my younger brother lost my gold cartridge)

Gyarados

Poliwhirl in Pokemon Silver (technically my brother... the good one, not that cartridge losing jerk :(...)

Cacturne in Pokemon Pearl (my friend scammed me out of this one by trading me 3 lvl 100 hacked pokemon)

Starly in Pokemon Platinum

Marill in Pokemon Diamond

♣♣♣

I cannot WAIT until BW2 hits so I can get my hands on shiny Haxorus. (Haxorus has arguably the best shiny color swap in the GAME)

What happened to all the fan art in the thread? Almost nothing gets posted any more. :(

s5e3F.jpg

At least I have UU buddies in UltimateIke and Wiseblade :'<

:D

Yay Scrafty!

http://i.imgur.com/1EkZo.png[IMG]
[URL="http://yonyonyon.deviantart.com/art/Scrafty-275795793"]http://yonyonyon.deviantart.com/art/Scrafty-275795793[/URL][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/c3fbe88d4e9ac4dc08c06a2d74a29af2/http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h122/Kaibagirl10158805/pokemon/DarkArcanine.jpg

Neki

anyone have good ideas for a single battle subway team in B&W? I was thinking of running a garchomp because everyone loves garchomp, and I've already ev trained a scizor because they're awesome. Status effects annoy me the most so I might run something with sub in the third slot.

MikeMyers

anyone have good ideas for a single battle subway team in B&W? I was thinking of running a garchomp because everyone loves garchomp, and I've already ev trained a scizor because they're awesome. Status effects annoy me the most so I might run something with sub in the third slot.

SubDD Gyarados maybe? Or maybe a Sub Gengar set. They both also learn Taunt, which can help block status.

Neki

SubDD Gyarados maybe? Or maybe a Sub Gengar set. They both also learn Taunt, which can help block status.

hm, doesn't sound bad. I was reading and some guy was doing a focus sash gengar with destiny bond as his first pokemon which guaranteed him at least one kill every round.

Wichu

JUST HATCHED A SHINY TYOGRE ON MY CRYSTAL NUZLOCKE.

I don't know wherever to laugh or cry.

From the Egg given to you by the daycare couple first time you talk to them?

That has a 1/8 chance of being shiny. Plus its Atk IV is always 0. /partypooper

EDIT: Hang on, TYOGRE? An unholy combination of Tyrogue and one of the most powerful legendary Pokémon ever?

MikeMyers

From the Egg given to you by the daycare couple first time you talk to them?

That has a 1/8 chance of being shiny. Plus its Atk IV is always 0. /partypooper

Aww damn.

EDIT: Hang on, TYOGRE? An unholy combination of Tyrogue and one of the most powerful legendary Pokémon ever?

Yup, a Water/Fighting that surpasses even Kelado in power. Epic.

Zeroth

I would recommend:

Metagross or Lucario (Physical sweepers)/ Hydreigon (Special attacker) / Jellicent (Bold and EV trained in DEF to be a mixed wall).

Perfect coverage, awesome team. I find Agiligross more efficient than SD Lucario, but Lucario has many priorities moves to make up for its lower defenses.

With metagross on my team I've got to about 35 straight victories. I'm planning to make a Sandstorm team soon with Tyranitar / Garchomp / ???? (Still thinking about that one :p)

I would recommend:

Metagross or Lucario (Physical sweepers)/ Hydreigon (Special attacker) / Jellicent (Bold and EV trained in DEF to be a mixed wall).

Perfect coverage, awesome team. I find Agiligross more efficient than SD Lucario, but Lucario has many priorities moves to make up for its lower defenses.

With metagross on my team I've got to about 35 straight victories. I'm planning to make a Sandstorm team soon with Tyranitar / Garchomp / ???? (Still thinking about that one :p)

Make the last member Excadrill. He's Über for a reason.

Zeroth

I've been considering Excadrill, but I was aiming for something that could easily switch to water/ice attacks to support Garchomp/Tyranitar. Excadrill is fast, but without good team coverage you can easily lose a match in Battle Subway.

Top Bottom