• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Direct announced for February 26th, is 5 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Pokemon Moon and Sun leak, I don't think there's nothing to announce today. I just wonder if they're gonna show actual gameplay (hopefully yes).

With just the trademark it wouldn't have been guaranteed imo, but given we also have the websites redirecting to Nintendo (in multiple languages no less), I think Sun and Moon are pretty much guaranteed

woen

So. From what i'm seeing, one of two things are about to happen:

1: There's nothing but a 5 minute long trailer for Z/Gen7

Internet explodes in joy, speculation goes rampant, Nintendo's share price skyrockets.

2: There's nothing but a 5 minute long "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POKEMON!" Video

The internet explodes in anger, Speculation goes rampant, Nintendo's share price plummets.

Hrm. well, we'll see in 45 minutes, eh?

The number 2 hypothesis, while unlikely since the leak, would break the Internet considering the leak and how much speculation went for two weird new logos.

Just add a perma death mode or something and I am happy.

Could be either as you needing to start as a new trainer after you get wiped,
or when a Pokemon faints, it gets automatically released after battle.

you can easily do that yourself, TPC are never doing that
also it's just artificial difficulty in an extremely easy series already... there's so many ways to absolutely destroy everything

Kssio_Aug

With just the trademark it wouldn't have been guaranteed imo, but given we also have the websites redirecting to Nintendo (in multiple languages no less), I think Sun and Moon are pretty much guaranteed

Yup! And also the trademark has already nice looking logos! If they don't announce it today the internet is gonna melt down!! lol

Jamie OD

So. From what i'm seeing, one of two things are about to happen:

1: There's nothing but a 5 minute long trailer for Z/Gen7

Internet explodes in joy, speculation goes rampant, Nintendo's share price skyrockets.

2: There's nothing but a 5 minute long "HAPPY BIRTHDAY, POKEMON!" Video

The internet explodes in anger, Speculation goes rampant, Nintendo's share price plummets.

Hrm. well, we'll see in 45 minutes, eh?

Or 3) The direct is mostly for the Wii U release of Pokken out next month. We all go "Oh right, forgot about that" and move on with our lives.

Maniel

Banned
I hope they take a more experimental route than the "collect 8 badges and then beat the Elite Four" formula with Sun and Moon. I wouldn't care too much if they didn't change it, but I feel that this release has more potential for new ideas story-wise because it is already deviating from the third version standard.

kaskade

Pokemon go will be shown for the first time in March i thought they announced that already?

That's a possibility, I haven't really been keeping up on that. 5 minutes really only seems like enough for one trailer. Maybe we'll get some little 20th anniversary video along with the announcement trailer for

Either way, I'm excited. For whatever reason I never ended up getting either of the 3ds games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom