• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go is live on the Google Play Store

I want to play this, but the battery life issue that Kotaku's reporting worries me. For everyone here using it, have you noticed a significant drain?

PMS341

I just signed right in with my main Google account with the downloaded apk. Still works for me this morning.

Bans are still up in the air, it seems.

I want to play this, but the battery life issue that Kotaku's reporting worries me. For everyone here using it, have you noticed a significant drain?

depends on what you count as significant? I lost about 10% in about ~20 minutes of use. I'm also able to charge my phone at work, so it didn't bother me personally.

Chille

How do you know if your banned? also how do you even find the pokemons? it says there near me but can't seem to catch anything

KingBroly

Banned
Like...I don't...get the point of this.

I'm supposed to go places to catch Pokemon, but it's just...dumb. The designs are overdone. The battery is a massive drain. Some of the locations for stuff are completely off. It just seems like a designed-by-committee game.

_woLf

Their reaction to people wanting to play their game is to ban them.

Wow. Your most dedicated audience and most likely to buy coins, too.

Classy.

Played yesterday and got 4 pokemons....

Now.... I can't find nothing. Even the Church down the street is not appearing anymore. I was planing to pass there quickly to do the poke center tutorial.

Servers must be getting hammered... the pokeball on the corner left of the screen keeps turning every second now.

Jakartalado
Banned

oti

Banned
Bamboo 竹;209288823 said:
Welp, I got banned too. The good thing is that I picked the worst starter by mistake: Bulbasaur.

Is there a "You are Banned" message or something stating this?

KingBroly

Banned
So there's apparently a Pokemon in the following locations:
- In my neighbor's backyard
- In the middle of the road in front of my house

So this game is trying to get me to:
A - Tresspass on private property
B - Risk getting run over to catch a Pokemon

Chille

I still need to know how to find the wild pokemon, says there nearby but cant find them

@Bamboo my shop is empty but there is things on my map still

Hm, didn't really expect them to actually ban players in regions where the game isn't officially released.

Glad that i'm actually too lazy these days to do the APK dl and manual installation stuff. (Yes, it's not difficult or hard, i'm just that lazy)

Hm, didn't really expect them to actually ban players in regions where the game isn't officially released.

Glad that i'm actually too lazy these days to do the APK dl and manual installation stuff. (Yes, it's not difficult or hard, i'm just that lazy)

Wow are they really banning players in regions where it isn't released yet? Wow

Samaritan

I cannot believe they are banning players who were too impatient to wait for the game to be released in their region. You're literally taking a shit on your most enthusiastic and engaged audience; what ass backwards logic that is.

AerialAir

Banned
Miitomo PLUS PokéGO incompatible? What has my country been doing to deserve this?

right, the slavery thing back in the 1500's, but we're sorry guys

wwm0nkey

I cannot believe they are banning players who were too impatient to wait for the game to be released in their region. You're literally taking a shit on your most enthusiastic and engaged audience; what ass backwards logic that is.
No one is being banned. It's just server issues. Though they might geo-lock at some point

Top Bottom